HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, expansion and relocation, and NHL revenues.

Class Action Lawsuit filed against the NJ Devils

Old
04-22-2015, 02:11 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

vCash: 500
Class Action Lawsuit filed against the NJ Devils

http://m.njlawjournal.com/module/alm/app/nj.do#!/article/1741668544

I personally consulted with an attorney when I was a STH. The Devils draconian policy was laughable. I decided to just walk away after speaking with the VP. I figured I'd just wait out the inevitable regime change.

Glad to see folks pursued this. Hopefully it brings about change. In short, the Devils punish their STHs for selling on the secondary market.

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2015, 10:14 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
http://m.njlawjournal.com/module/alm/app/nj.do#!/article/1741668544

I personally consulted with an attorney when I was a STH. The Devils draconian policy was laughable. I decided to just walk away after speaking with the VP. I figured I'd just wait out the inevitable regime change.

Glad to see folks pursued this. Hopefully it brings about change. In short, the Devils punish their STHs for selling on the secondary market.
Can you give the highlights in your own words? The link requires users to register or sign with a LinkedIn account.

Fugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2015, 11:24 PM
gstommylee

A simple google search puts says class action lawsuit over the team restricting resale.

gstommylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2015, 12:31 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 157
This is going to cost the Devils some money. I know one guy who had some of the best value seats at the rock. He sold most of his tickets each year and used the money to buy tickets for different games and different seats. Unlike most people who did that and got their season tickets cancelled, they kept him as a STH but took away his seats and replaced them with crappier and more expensive seats and charged his credit card on file for them.

This is one game the Devils are going to lose

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote