HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-Phi

Old
11-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
Since when would Lupul be great with the Sedins? They've had Pyatt, Bernier, Wellwood, Raymond, Demitra, and Rypien on their line so far this year. Why is Lupul any different?

Giroux would be an excellent complement to Hodgson? And Grabner wouldn't? It's more or less a sideways move.
That's actually not accurate. The Sedins have only had Bernier and Raymond on their line this year for any sustained period 5 on 5.

Joffrey Lupul is a very similar player to Anson Carter. Remember what Carter did with the Sedins?

Michael Grabner for Claude Giroux is a sideways move? Not from where I'm sitting. Grabner has yet to learn how to utilize his linemates effectively and with Hodgson's goalscoring ability it would be nice to put a player alongside him that can dish the puck as well as shoot it. I don't see Grabner and Hodgson as a very good fit.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Top 6, as in top 6 forward: ie a solid 2nd line center.
Briere?

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:39 PM
eldiablo17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
Briere?
Sure.

If Briere was 3 inches taller, 30 pounds heavier and not making 6.5 million dollars.

eldiablo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablo17 View Post
Sure.

If Briere was 3 inches taller, 30 pounds heavier and not making 6.5 million dollars.
He would make as much as Malkin.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Briere?
Briere is a better suited as a winger.

Barney Gumble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Briere?
I really wouldn't have much interest in Briere with his contract.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:09 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablo17 View Post
Sure.

I think it's 6.25

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:23 PM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Joffrey Lupul is a very similar player to Anson Carter. Remember what Carter did with the Sedins?
How is Lupul similar to Carter?? That's a (very inaccurate) blanket statement. Bernier is more similar to Carter than Lupul is, by far.

Quote:
Michael Grabner for Claude Giroux is a sideways move? Not from where I'm sitting. Grabner has yet to learn how to utilize his linemates effectively and with Hodgson's goalscoring ability it would be nice to put a player alongside him that can dish the puck as well as shoot it. I don't see Grabner and Hodgson as a very good fit.
Grabner doesn't need to learn to utilize his linemates. He's a sniper. He shoots first. It's not a weakness - its a strength when you have his speed and hands. Players like him get most of their assists on deflections and rebounds anyway. The only knocks on Grabner are consistency and possibly ethic. He has the potential to be a poor man's Kovalchuk.

Ironic that you say you don't see them as a good fit, because I SAW them as a good fit. I watched them play on a line together for rookie camp at UBC, then for the prospects game. I love Giroux but Grabner has a higher goal scoring ceiling, imo. We don't need more playmakers.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
How is Lupul similar to Carter?? That's a (very inaccurate) blanket statement. Bernier is more similar to Carter than Lupul is, by far.

Grabner doesn't need to learn to utilize his linemates. He's a sniper. He shoots first. It's not a weakness - its a strength when you have his speed and hands. Players like him get most of their assists on deflections and rebounds anyway. The only knocks on Grabner are consistency and possibly ethic. He has the potential to be a poor man's Kovalchuk.

Ironic that you say you don't see them as a good fit, because I SAW them as a good fit. I watched them play on a line together for rookie camp at UBC, then for the prospects game. I love Giroux but Grabner has a higher goal scoring ceiling, imo. We don't need more playmakers.
I can't say I agree with any of this. Steve Bernier is more like Anson Carter than Joffrey Lupul? No chance. Lupul is a one shot scorer similar to Carter. Lupul just has more tools at his disposal than Carter. Bernier is more like Taylor Pyatt than Anson Carter. Bernier crashes the net but rarely scores outside of 15 feet from the crease and struggles to find open ice ala Lupul/Carter to get off a quick release shot.

Grabner's inability to use his linemates is a strength? Why wouldn't you want to utilize Hodgson's great shot?

How closely do you follow Claude Giroux? Grabner is at least a couple steps behind Giroux at the moment.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Kaktus*

sexy sexy..

So Lupul is like A.Carter while Grabner (poor mans Kovalchuk) is also better then Giroux.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote