HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Niagara Help

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Sixty Six

vCash: 500
Niagara Help

Anyone watch Niagara regularly? if so can you tell me what kind of system they play and what they are lacking and where they are strong please. Also are they ever on TV?

Old
03-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb_Brooks
Anyone watch Niagara regularly? if so can you tell me what kind of system they play and what they are lacking and where they are strong please. Also are they ever on TV?
Well Niagara doesn't get much TV coverage. I've only seen them twice.....both games during the Wells Fargo Denver Cup over the holidays.

I'll give you what I've seen (it's not much, but hopefully it'll help). They seem to play a fairly wide open/free-skating type system. I guess the NCAA team's style that comes closest is to that of Harvard's.

The areas they seem to be strongest is up front and in goal. They have a great netminder in Jeff Van Nynatten and two very talented forwards in Barret Ehgoetz and Joe Tallari. Where they seem to be weakest is on the blueline and lack of size up front (the majority of their forwards are 5'11" or under).

As for TV coverage, their website lists Empire Sports carrying some of their games. Also, if they do make it all the way to the CHA conference title game, you'll be able to see it on CSTV (provided that you have either Direct TV or Dish Network).

Closed Thread