HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What would it take to get Turris...

Old
11-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

vCash: 50
What would it take to get Turris...

Before you all jump down my throat, I realize the player I'm discussing is at this point untouchable.

I am merely curious to see what his value is on these boards, specifically, what would it take for a team like Calgary to get Turris.

As I said, I know he isn't moving, but what is the standard package you would want for a budding super star?

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:41 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Calgary? Not a good match. Most of your talent is older. I mean, this has an obvious end. Phaneuf isn't going anywhere, so neither is Turris.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

What if say, just for speculations sake, that Phoenix went into a win now mode (don't know why, but just for amusement) and wanted to trade a prospect like Turris so shore up for a Cup Run.

Old
11-10-2008, 03:43 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Before you all jump down my throat, I realize the player I'm discussing is at this point untouchable.

I am merely curious to see what his value is on these boards, specifically, what would it take for a team like Calgary to get Turris.

As I said, I know he isn't moving, but what is the standard package you would want for a budding super star?
Turris for.....Salo, Grabner, 1st? (and say Salo waives NTC)

Would that do?
Salo may have NTC....and you may want Hodgson....but Turris for Hodgson may be pointless.
You guys may need a solid defenseman.

11-10-2008, 03:44 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5872
Turris would only be traded in a Kovalchuk-type deal, and even at that, it might not be worth it for Phoenix to trade him.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Arm, Leg, The Dion, and three firsts.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:46 PM
mkearney913
Bob Ross

Turris should be in San Antonio right now, what is Gretzky doing? He's been benched the past few games while Tikhonov and Boedker have skated. Your top prospect should at least be thriving at a minor pro level instead of sitting in a press box.

Either way, I could see the Yotes moving him. They're deep enough as is and with the way Jokinen's been playing, they're set at center for years to come. Any trade would involve a first rounder and a solid defenseman.

mkearney913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
Arm, Leg, The Dion, and three firsts.
How about 5 firsts. Its not like Calgary needs them, since Dion has been one of our only good draft picks in the past decade .

Mind you, Backlund hasn't had a chance and Nemisz was just drafted, so who knows. Irving too for that matter...

Hmm...

Old
11-10-2008, 03:51 PM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkearney913 View Post
Turris should be in San Antonio right now, what is Gretzky doing? He's been benched the past few games while Tikhonov and Boedker have skated. Your top prospect should at least be thriving at a minor pro level instead of sitting in a press box.

Either way, I could see the Yotes moving him. They're deep enough as is and with the way Jokinen's been playing, they're set at center for years to come. Any trade would involve a first rounder and a solid defenseman.
Edmontons 1st in 09' and Grebeshkov?

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:56 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

The Coyotes expect Turris to become one of the top handfull of centers in this league before too long. I really don't think there is any deal that the Coyotes would consider that doesn't include some untouchable like Phaneuf or Iginla. Obviously Flames fans don't like hearing that, but honestly, do you really think there could be some other way? A couple of former late 1sts and a couple of future late 1sts just simply isn't going to do it, even if you pile on some expendable current pieces.

Old
11-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Edmontons 1st in 09' and Grebeshkov?
I match your offer with Calgary's 1st, Cory Sarich and raise you a Matthew Pelech or John Negrin

I realize that Turris is going to be amazing rt, but I don't think you can demand high caliber proven talent for potential high caliber talent.

That being said, you still can't offer **** for him and expect a trade.

Old
11-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
There's really no incentive to move Turris at this point.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
There's really no incentive to move Turris at this point.
Quite obvious you didn't bother to read the OP

Old
11-10-2008, 04:00 PM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
The Coyotes expect Turris to become one of the top handfull of centers in this league before too long. I really don't think there is any deal that the Coyotes would consider that doesn't include some untouchable like Phaneuf or Iginla. Obviously Flames fans don't like hearing that, but honestly, do you really think there could be some other way? A couple of former late 1sts and a couple of future late 1sts just simply isn't going to do it, even if you pile on some expendable current pieces.
Then I think he falls under the category of more valuable to the yotes then any other team. Turris hasn't shown anything that makes him worth anything more then a top 10 1st round pick. Sure, he has all the skills and he plays an all around game. But a lot more kids are doing that these days.

He's behind Jokinen and Mueller unless they want to make someone a winger.

Im a huge Turris fan but he hasn't shown anything to warrant an all star player in return.

If Im Calgary, I would offer Cammalleri and a 1st. (if Cammy is signed long term then the pick could be dropped)

Old
11-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Then I think he falls under the category of more valuable to the yotes then any other team. Turris hasn't shown anything that makes him worth anything more then a top 10 1st round pick. Sure, he has all the skills and he plays an all around game. But a lot more kids are doing that these days.

He's behind Jokinen and Mueller unless they want to make someone a winger.

Im a huge Turris fan but he hasn't shown anything to warrant an all star player in return.
Mueller has been a winger for most of his time in the NHL so far.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 04:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkearney913 View Post

Jesus Christ are people overreacting to the scratches. Turris was given a night off to observe. Gretzky does this with young players all the time. It's just a coaching method. Anyway, Kyle was struggling with some of the little things, so Gretzky scratched him against Calgary. The rest of the team played great, and Wayne couldn't justify taking anyone out of the line-up for Turris in the Vancouver game. We got shut out, and Turris was in the very next game against Florida. He played great. It's not like he's just stuck up in the press box every night, totally stiffled, and wasting away. It was simply a learning experience. Mueller went through it last year. Porter has just gone through it. Yandle, too. Expect Tikhonov to watch a game or two, as well. It's just how Gretzky does it. Turris isn't setting the NHL on fire, but he's having a solid rookie campaign. I don't expect he be a Calder finalist, but I expect the organization is going to be happy about how his first pro season goes. He was never expected to be an overnight sensation.

Olli Jokinen has just one more year remaining on his deal, after this season. The main reason Olli was brought in was to take pressure off of Kyle. You don't trade for Olli because of Kyle and then trade Kyle because of Olli. That's just stupid.

Old
11-10-2008, 04:04 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
In his ten games in the NHL as a skinny teenager? Jesus Christ! Sometimes this place just drives me friggin' nuts.

Old
11-10-2008, 04:06 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post

I realize that Turris is going to be amazing rt, but I don't think you can demand high caliber proven talent for potential high caliber talent.

That being said, you still can't offer **** for him and expect a trade.
Which is why they Coyotes would be complete and total morons to even consider trading him. No team would even ask.

Old
11-10-2008, 04:07 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDragon View Post
Turris for.....Salo, Grabner, 1st? (and say Salo waives NTC)

Would that do?
Salo may have NTC....and you may want Hodgson....but Turris for Hodgson may be pointless.
You guys may need a solid defenseman.
What a pathetic offer.

PHO would give up Steve Reinprecht, Kevin Porter and 1st rd pick for Roberto Luongo. Does that seem fair? Your answer to this is your answer to the Turris proposal.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 04:07 PM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
In his ten games in the NHL as a skinny teenager? Jesus Christ! Sometimes this place just drives me friggin' nuts.
Hey I agree, there is nothing wrong with his development process, he's young, skinny and new to the league but some have mentioned Iginla or Phaneuf. I don't expect Turris to light it up this year but I think he is in Toews league as far as talent goes. But his value now is, like I mentioned, a top 10 pick in the next draft. Once he has shown he's a star then he's more valuable.

Would you trade Doan or Jokinen for Filatov right now?

Old
11-10-2008, 04:09 PM
trbr86

Vancouver tried to trade for the draft selection to take Kyle Turris. I very much doubt that they would try to trade for him now, as they are probably satisfied with how things have developed within their roster since then. Not to mention the change in management.

Regardless, this is a hockey forum. We're supposed to consider unlikely scenarios.

PHX: Cody Hodgson, Cory Schneider
VAN: Kyle Turris

trbr86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 04:13 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

Would you trade Doan or Jokinen for Filatov right now?
I'm not making threads about it.

Old
11-10-2008, 04:13 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
What a pathetic offer.
The post was made in response to someone floating the notion of what might Phoenix look for if they (inexplicably) went into win-now mode out of nowhere - in the deal they'd get a defenseman who is skill-wise probably Vancouver's best, plus a 1st, in exchange for a major downgrade from Turris to Grabner.

Probably not enough, but definitely not enough to warrant this kind of response:

Quote:
PHO would give up Steve Reinprecht, Kevin Porter and 1st rd pick for Roberto Luongo. Does that seem fair? Your answer to this is your answer to the Turris proposal.
Ooh, the revenge proposal. Nice work.

If Phoenix decided to go in another direction from Turris, personally I would expect the only sort of offer from the Canucks that might make them budge would be along the lines of:

Edler/Bieksa
Schneider
Grabner/1st

That would be - a top four (or top two in Bieksa's case, the way he's been playing) defenseman with a good contract and nice upside, possibly the best goalie in the AHL, and either project top six forward or a first.

It addresses a short term need in defense, a long term need in goal and an even longer term need in a chance to replace the forward they've lost (albeit inevitably with an inferior player).

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 04:14 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbr86 View Post
PHX: Cody Hodgson, Cory Schneider
VAN: Kyle Turris
Do you honestly think that's a good deal for both sides?

Why are we doing this? This makes no sense? I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this conversation. I can't take it. Ridiculous.

Old
11-10-2008, 04:15 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
vanRiemsdyk

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote