HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Lidstrom Curve

Old
11-10-2008, 11:34 PM
XweekendwarriorX

vCash: 500
Lidstrom Curve

Has Lidstrom not signed any type of deal with them or what? looking at the new synergy out and i dont see a Liddy curve anyone got any info its really the only square toe i love i try to find ones just like him but none of matched his.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 11:59 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by XweekendwarriorX View Post
Has Lidstrom not signed any type of deal with them or what? looking at the new synergy out and i dont see a Liddy curve anyone got any info its really the only square toe i love i try to find ones just like him but none of matched his.
Doesnt he use a Warrior stick now?

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Systemfel
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Doesnt he use a Warrior stick now?
Yes, he does.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 01:30 AM
Burnaby_Joe*

The Lidstrom curve is one of the ugliest curves I've ever saw.

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 02:15 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Shogun_ View Post
I agree... its that weird double curve thingy... I can't use it at all.... Easily my least favorite curve.

But hey I'm a crappy beer leaguer and hes the best dman in the league today. So what do I know.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:00 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I agree... its that weird double curve thingy... I can't use it at all.... Easily my least favorite curve.

But hey I'm a crappy beer leaguer and hes the best dman in the league today. So what do I know.
His real curve is much much different

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:05 AM
UserName

i love the lidstrom easton curve, gives you so much velocity on your shot. backhanding it is a ***** tho.

UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 05:07 PM
190Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName View Post
i love the lidstrom easton curve, gives you so much velocity on your shot. backhanding it is a ***** tho.
Keeping the puck under 10 ft in the air from anywhere except between the hashmarks is a ***** also.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
As a defenseman I love the stick for playing PK/dumping situations. It takes no effort to keep it on the ground, but that can also be a problem whens hooting from the point.

Yertle The Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 09:09 PM
iceman_88888888

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Shogun_ View Post
you should take a look at a pro stock sykora curve. THAT is the absolute ugliest piece of equipment ever made.

as for the easton problem, like others have said, he's gone to warrior and if you want his pattern from easton, look for online hockey shops cuz they'll have some left in stock.

iceman_88888888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Joe Cole

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

That is my curve!! My other stick is a Sakic Synergy ST grip and I freaking hate it. I only use it in the warm ups. If anyone woudl give me $75 for it.... it's yours.

Back to Lindstom curve, I have used that curve for years. The loft and curve just work for me. Ugly or not, I have a bomb with wristers, slaps and one timers.

Damn.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
According to somebody who has the Easton 09 catalog, the Lidstrom will be renamed as Getzlaf.

Which stick are you looking at? Looking at hockeymonkey, they have the SE16's in Sakic/Zetterberg and I'm all but assuming Zetterberg is replacing Forsberg which replaced the Modano.

I think it's been typical for Easton to only do two or three curves with their initial run of sticks. I remember the Synergy Elite's only coming in Forsberg/Iginla at first.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 04:18 AM
Beakermania*

Who is doing the Lecavalier Curve now??

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 04:24 PM
XweekendwarriorX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
According to somebody who has the Easton 09 catalog, the Lidstrom will be renamed as Getzlaf.

Which stick are you looking at? Looking at hockeymonkey, they have the SE16's in Sakic/Zetterberg and I'm all but assuming Zetterberg is replacing Forsberg which replaced the Modano.

I think it's been typical for Easton to only do two or three curves with their initial run of sticks. I remember the Synergy Elite's only coming in Forsberg/Iginla at first.
well i was hoping it would the lidstrom would be out with the new synergy but i love the S11 good stick for the price but i have broken a few i just turn them into 2PS. i wonder if the JOVO curve for warrior is like a lidstrom. i really only like the square toes and the stoll TPS stick is awesome.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:52 PM
ModSquad

Quote:
Lidstrom is now endorsing Warrior.

The Easton P5 curve is now renamed Getzlaf.

ModSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Blueline7

Quote:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/easton-h...e-grip-sr.html

They have a sale closeout on the Synergy Elite Grip with Left and right 85 Flex Lidstrom curve and left 110 flex heatley and iginla curve........Stay away from heatley

Blueline7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 01:17 PM
RaoulDuke2k

Quote:
well i was hoping it would the lidstrom would be out with the new synergy but i love the S11 good stick for the price but i have broken a few i just turn them into 2PS. i wonder if the JOVO curve for warrior is like a lidstrom. i really only like the square toes and the stoll TPS stick is awesome.
At a glance, I think the Jovo curve is very similar to the Lidstrom - long-ish, square toe, open face, etc....

RaoulDuke2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Fire Sweeney

I love the Lidstrom curve. I can almost pop the goalie's water bottle over the glass when wristing from the blue line

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 01:53 PM
shoeshine boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaoulDuke2k View Post
At a glance, I think the Jovo curve is very similar to the Lidstrom - long-ish, square toe, open face, etc....
you are correct. I have 4 sticks I play with regularly:
Easton Stealth (original) Grip
Easton Synergy ST (original green)Grip
Warrior Dolomite Pro Stock
Warrior Dolomite Retail

the Eastons are retail Lidstrom curves. the pro stock Dolo is a return from Jeff Tambellini and the retail Dolo is the Jovonovski.
they are all very similar with only the slightest differences in twist of the blade face.
all are awesome sticks.

shoeshine boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

It's renamed the Getzlaf.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Nbr-17

This might be helpful to some.

Nbr-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190Octane View Post
Keeping the puck under 10 ft in the air from anywhere except between the hashmarks is a ***** also.
I bought one which Harrow offers and I must say keeping the puck down is a chore at first. But it is easy to do once you get used to the curve though as with any stick anyone should be able to shoot the way they want to after they get used to ANY curve.

I bought my composite blade as a 2009 clearance closeout to make room for next year's junk. I paid $25 for it .... I have used it for 3 games now and am just getting used to it, it is a tough one to get used to when you are used to a blade without an open face but it is definitely a rocket wirstshot shooter.

Have to concentrate more on slapshots however as to not catch too much of the middle of the blade as the shots wobble instead of sting because of the wedge like aspects of it UNTIL you get used to it. Then things are normal.

Not a bad blade when you get used to it .... laying a saucer pass over a couple sticks into someone's wheelhouse in the slot is a nice easy thing to do with them and wristshots are tremendous in close or far out when you curl the blade down in the followthrough to keep it from going over the net.

You do lose a little on the backhand but you can compensate for that easy enough with mechanics to get a decent one, I like the backhand passing with it too. I like the square end of the toe as well ... you used to see sticks like that for the most part back in the day so it was nice to have that on a blade again.

Generally I would not have bought it at regular price though but as a good deal clearance item I am liking it as a change of pace from the norm.

But yeah not my type of blade and something I will only buy if I get a deal on it like I did on this one.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Everest

Somewhere in my bag, I have a 'Briere' Easton '555' with a blade which is similar to the Lidstrom....the squared toe on the Briere cut might even be a bit bigger than what the Lidstrom Easton was. Of course...the '555' ain't exactly a high performace stick...but if you see a 'Briere' on the shelf ...take a look.

Everest is offline   Reply With Quote