HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trading Gomez & Rozy

Old
11-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
When I hear corsi 👇

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Hahahahaha Gaborik with Sather are you kidding? I don't know what's funnier: Gaborik supposedly at the Garden or Sather letting people into his suite for autographs

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:35 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Drury is a first line center.

On top of that, Gomez is a .06 shooting % career, Gaborik .16% Sorry but I would take Gabo over Gomer. Let's face it, for the money we paid, Drury is (sic) a bust.
And what's Gabby's shooting percentage from the pressbox? Geez, Gabby can't even stay healthy in his walk year with UFA looming. Meh. I'll take Gomer. fwiw I finally, reluctantly, warmed to Gomez (former Debbie).

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:37 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
And who exactly gains the zone if Gomez is gone? Dreary? You can't blame Gomer for forwards that can't shoot straight. Jagr and Gomer both need the puck so it made sense that their styles would not mix. The only forward we have that can lug the puck into the zone is Zherdev, and he's getting about 15 minutes TOI.

Who exactly on the Debbies has improved their output since Gomer departed? If their fans are glad he's gone they need to have their heads examined. Well, thry're Devil fans so by definition they should have their heads examined.

If anybody needs to go it's the Baffooon from Banf-f-f.
I don't think anyone is blaming Gomez....just saying of all the Centers he makes the most sense to get moved. While his loss would be felt and not be addition by subtraction, but the return on it could be greater since we are so deep at Center.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:37 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
And who exactly gains the zone if Gomez is gone? Dreary? You can't blame Gomer for forwards that can't shoot straight. Jagr and Gomer both need the puck so it made sense that their styles would not mix. The only forward we have that can lug the puck into the zone is Zherdev, and he's getting about 15 minutes TOI.

Who exactly on the Debbies has improved their output since Gomer departed? If their fans are glad he's gone they need to have their heads examined. Well, thry're Devil fans so by definition they should have their heads examined.

If anybody needs to go it's the Baffooon from Banf-f-f.
you right I can't blame Gomer for forwards who can't shoot straight. but you also can't blame the forwards for gomer trying to go one on four, and losing the puck constantly. you also can't blame the forwards for gomer takin way to many shots from low percentage angles.

he just doesn't justify his salary. good teams will have players playing at their salary levels, or above. Our top paid skaters are all performing UNDER their salary levels. In gomez, drury, redden, rosy, nazzy. There is at least 7 mill wasted in cap space from them. or 1 superstar sniper.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:43 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
...he just doesn't justify his salary. good teams will have players playing at their salary levels, or above. Our top paid skaters are all performing UNDER their salary levels. In gomez, drury, redden, rosy, nazzy. There is at least 7 mill wasted in cap space from them. or 1 superstar sniper.
This is an indictment of the GM, not the players. Isn't it?

Old
11-11-2008, 03:46 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
This is an indictment of the GM, not the players. Isn't it?
It is. But we have to try to get our cap resolved and get out of bad contracts. Gomez has the most value, and will get the most return. rosy is second, redden third and Drury is immovable.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:48 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
I don't think anyone is blaming Gomez....just saying of all the Centers he makes the most sense to get moved. While his loss would be felt and not be addition by subtraction, but the return on it could be greater since we are so deep at Center.
So you're saying you're fine penciling in Dreary, or an immature Dubi, to be our top center? If you move Gomer for a scoring winger, you'll wind up with a (former) scoring winger in need of a center to feed him the puck. The simile that comes to mind is running on a treadmill.

Old
11-11-2008, 03:56 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
It is. But we have to try to get our cap resolved and get out of bad contracts. Gomez has the most value, and will get the most return. rosy is second, redden third and Drury is immovable.
I agree. Do the names Rismiller, redden, rozival, Drury, Gomez,, Naslund ring a bell? Everyone on this team is ovepaid, with the exception of the entry level contracts.

My point is that Gomer brings alot to the table. You can build around him. You CAN NOT hitch your wagon to Dreary's star. He's a good player, interesting background, but WAY overrated, not to mention overpaid. If the Numbskull from up north gives him a NMC to boot, well... I think I'll move along now. Thanks for the posts.

Old
11-11-2008, 03:56 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
So you're saying you're fine penciling in Dreary, or an immature Dubi, to be our top center? If you move Gomer for a scoring winger, you'll wind up with a (former) scoring winger in need of a center to feed him the puck. The simile that comes to mind is running on a treadmill.
Yes. Dubi is not immature as a center. He played a season with Jags, and is doing quite fine now. Dreary ( I like it) has been a slow starter for us, but I rather take my chances on Gabo clicking with him and Nas instead of Renney putting Dru on Gomers wing hoping for fireworks. In terms of stats, Gomer has only recorded 1, I repeat 1 season with 20+ Goals. the 1 season he went over a point a game.

Drury on the other hand, 8 seasons netting 20+ goals and 4 of them were 30+ goals. Plus the guy is clutch. Yeah he can't setup for nothing, but he can put the puck in the net.

GAbo is a 40 / 40 player...and Naslund is a good setup man himself.

Now I am not saying trade Gomez for anyone, but if we can get a Legit scoring winger out of the deal ... let's do it.

And for the record, people complained when we got rid of Tony Amonte and Mike Gartner.....and what happened there...cough cough... we won a cup.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:08 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzilla3 View Post
You know with all this talk of moving a center for a scoring winger, why not Anisimov?
Please, no way. Anisimov, if every thing goes right, may have the potential with Zherdev playing a long side of him, to put up outstanding numbers for like the next ten to fifteen year as members of the New York Rangers. Anisimov is a top 5, if not the Rangers best prospect in the organization and can do so many things. He's a big kid, with size and grit, soft hands, strong skater (he can stop on a dime), a great puck handler and set up man.

As far as Gomez goes. I don't want him going any where. He's putting up solid numbers despite playing with injuries according to Joe Micheletti in his commentary in last nights Rangers, Oilers game at MSG. I want to see Gomez play the rest of his career with the Rangers. He's a tremendous skater, passer, penalty killer, and pp man. He just needs to stay healthy and find some guys who he can click with on a solid number one or two line. Gomez is a proven winner and Stanley Cup winner. I want him on my team.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Please, no way. Anisimov, if every thing goes right, may have the potential with Zherdev playing a long side of him, to put up outstanding numbers for like the next ten to fifteen year as members of the New York Rangers. Anisimov is a top 5, if not the Rangers best prospect in the organization and can do so many things. He's a big kid, with size and grit, soft hands, strong skater (he can stop on a dime), a great puck handler and set up man.

As far as Gomez goes. I don't want him going any where. He's putting up solid numbers despite playing with injuries according to Joe Micheletti in his commentary in last nights Rangers, Oilers game at MSG. I want to see Gomez play the rest of his career with the Rangers. He's a tremendous skater, passer, penalty killer, and pp man. He just needs to stay healthy and find some guys who he can click with on a solid number one or two line. Gomez is a proven winner and Stanley Cup winner. I want him on my team.
You wouldnt trade Anisimov for a top 6 winger? Thats pretty crazy.

Falling in love with prospects is a dangerous thing.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Fataldogg

I wouldn't touch Gomez. He has played solid in nearly every game he has played in. Sure, he isn't worth $7 million but he is worth much closer to that figure than Chris Drury is. What we really need to do is bring in a pure, young, sniper to play with him. Getting rid of our best play maker and bringing in a goal scorer leaves no one to set him up.

If we had to trade of the two, I'd choose Drury. I know I've been on him all season. Admittedly he's been playing much better hockey in these past five or six games and has been noticeable when on the ice. BUT he's going to have to do more offensively for this team on a consistent basis for me to be impressed. The 6 goal figure is misleading because Drury has only scored in 3 of the 18 games this year. Not really impressive for a guy whom is more labeled a sniper than a play maker. But he has done better.

BUT if we had to trade anyone to free up cap room for next year it would be without a shadow of a doubt Roszival. His numbers these past few seasons have been inflated by playing with Jagr. He has a great shot but NO offensive instinct and makes costly plays at the blue line. Overall he's just decent defensively. Roszival is earning $7 million this year! Sure it averages out to just over $5 million but what the heck were we thinking with this signing? We should be paying Mara $7 million if thats the case. Overall, we need to get rid of someone for next year and first to go for me would be Roszival. The second person would be Redden. Not worth the cash for just playing decent hockey. Our three best defense man this year have been Girardi, Staal, and Mara. To look at freeing up some cap I'd start with those two highly over paid defense man.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:48 PM
segmentation fault

You know for a guy who supposedly "cant work with anyone" being second on the team in scoring last season is pretty damn good...

As for Rosy he should have never been signed.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice View Post
The problem isn't Gomez its the lack of wingers for him to play with. Jagr does not count as his unique style didn't allow him to play with anyone. Gomez has been playing with Callahan and Dawes. Callahan has scored 5 goals and has played fairly well and Dawes has recently played himself out of the lineup. How many games has Gomez centered Zherdev? How many games has Gomez centered Naslund since his slow start?

Its ironic that so many people consider trading the talented players on the organization yet at the same time have such high, unrealistic visions of unproved players like Korpedo (already sent down once this year), Anisimov (talented player who has not done anything at the NHL level), or Prucha (has not been the same since the time of his knee injury). Why do you think Gionta and Elias have not played as well since Gomez left? The guy can play, and has put up points, he just needs to play with scoring wingers.
Blah blah blah blah puke. Yes he can play, on the 2nd line. Please god lets Sundin sign here!
I don't care how u slice it Sundin>Gomez and would probably cost less to center the top line. The thoughts of Sundin/Zherdev combo gets me excited.

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by segmentation fault View Post
You know for a guy who supposedly "cant work with anyone" being second on the team in scoring last season is pretty damn good...

As for Rosy he should have never been signed.
Hey Malik was among the team leaders in +/- when he was here, why didnt we keep him on for the long term? And my Dad told me 2nd place gets u nothing, bull dad it gets u 7.5 Mil!

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Blah blah blah blah puke. Yes he can play, on the 2nd line. Please god lets Sundin sign here!
I don't care how u slice it Sundin>Gomez and would probably cost less to center the top line. The thoughts of Sundin/Zherdev combo gets me excited.
Its never going to happen, so why waste your time thinking about it?

Old
11-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Celestial Black

If anyone is moved I believe that it will be Rozi and I hope that I am right if it happens.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
levski87

Guys, the thread was never about if Gomez can play or not. Its the cap hit for his services. 7+ mil for a passing playmaker is a crazy amount of money considering he cant pot goals. Truth is, we cant afford a franchise superstar if there was one to ever be available, so trading Gomer gives us that one option. Possibly Kovy, or Hossa... whoever there is. I would bring up Drury but he is immovable as Rags said, so theres just no point in even mention trade talks with his name in. 2 quick irrational moves by Sather leaves us in a bind.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 06:27 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Guys, the thread was never about if Gomez can play or not. Its the cap hit for his services. 7+ mil for a passing playmaker is a crazy amount of money considering he cant pot goals. Truth is, we cant afford a franchise superstar if there was one to ever be available, so trading Gomer gives us that one option. Possibly Kovy, or Hossa... whoever there is. I would bring up Drury but he is immovable as Rags said, so theres just no point in even mention trade talks with his name in. 2 quick irrational moves by Sather leaves us in a bind.
Is it seven plus or six plus. Well what ever. But who do you honestly think the Rangers can get for Gomez. The trade for Kovy or Hossa does not make sense for either team. Especially Detroit. They didn't bring Hossa in there to trade him for Gomez. If Atlanta feels they are going to go through a rebuilding stage I can possible understand that type deal. The only problem from a rangers stand point is that the Thrashers are going to want a top tier prospect to go a long with Gomez as well and then too me the deal wouldn't make sense for the Ranger. Because we're just going to have to shell out a lot of money for Kovalchuk anyway.

Now for the other guy who wants to give up Anisimov for a top six forward. Explain to my, why in the world a team would want to give up a top six forward for someone who is promising but still hasn't even registered a goal or a point in the NHl yet. When you talk top 6 forwards, I think: Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Iginla, Thorton, and then maybe Hemsky! I love this kid Anisimov and I said earlier. I think he can do great things for years to come with Zherdev. But do you think a team would give up any of the above mentioned players for Anisimov? Plus how do we sign this guy.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Ahhh, the gift of hindsight makes us all look like genuises doesnt it?

Did signing Gomez and Drury seem like an "irrational move" when a 35 year old Michael Nylander wanted 4 years? And when we watched Matt Cullen and Steve Rucchin unsuccessfully attempt to be top 6 centers? Sure they were both overpaid, but thats what happens in free agency...and I seem to remember the majority of the fanbase being happy that we acquired such "winners" and "leaders."

Then, when the superstar we did have in Jagr was pushed out of town, everyone was happy again because now we could "focus on having a more balanced attack."

Now, since that doesnt seem to be working out, we need to get a superstar winger in here, but we cant because of Drury and Gomez. But if we acquire this phantom winger at the expense of trading a Gomez or a Drury, do we then sacrifice that leadership and winning pedigree? Are we plugging one hole at the expense of others?

My point in all of this is that no team is going to be perfect...theres always going to be holes to fill. But about a decade ago, I watched this team slide into hockey purgatory where absolutely everything was wrong...that was a time to complain. Despite the current team's holes, they are still pretty good, and I enjoy watching them be successful more often than not. I also realize that about 99.9% of the propositions being floated around here are absolute pipedreams anyway. This team is what it is, so enjoy the ride.

Old
11-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Is it seven plus or six plus. Well what ever. But who do you honestly think the Rangers can get for Gomez. The trade for Kovy or Hossa does not make sense for either team. Especially Detroit. They didn't bring Hossa in there to trade him for Gomez. If Atlanta feels they are going to go through a rebuilding stage I can possible understand that type deal. The only problem from a rangers stand point is that the Thrashers are going to want a top tier prospect to go a long with Gomez as well and then too me the deal wouldn't make sense for the Ranger. Because we're just going to have to shell out a lot of money for Kovalchuk anyway.

Now for the other guy who wants to give up Anisimov for a top six forward. Explain to my, why in the world a team would want to give up a top six forward for someone who is promising but still hasn't even registered a goal or a point in the NHl yet. When you talk top 6 forwards, I think: Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Iginla, Thorton, and then maybe Hemsky! I love this kid Anisimov and I said earlier. I think he can do great things for years to come with Zherdev. But do you think a team would give up any of the above mentioned players for Anisimov? Plus how do we sign this guy.
That would be me, although you've contradicted yourself so much that I dont know where to begin. A question was posed earlier about giving up Anisimov for a top 6 forward. I know thats virtually impossible for cap reasons, but in that case Id package Roszival and Anisimov. You're the one who said you wouldnt do it and then went on a rant about how great Anisimov can be (he looked lost this preseason, by the way). Maybe the discord here is that you're confusing top 6 forwards with superstars. My definition of a top 6 forward is a guy that can net 20 goals and 50 points.

Old
11-11-2008, 06:47 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
That would be me, although you've contradicted yourself so much that I dont know where to begin. A question was posed earlier about giving up Anisimov for a top 6 forward. I know thats virtually impossible for cap reasons, but in that case Id package Roszival and Anisimov. You're the one who said you wouldnt do it and then went on a rant about how great Anisimov can be (he looked lost this preseason, by the way). Maybe the discord here is that you're confusing top 6 forwards with superstars. My definition of a top 6 forward is a guy that can net 20 goals and 50 points.
im not going to lie, i expect better from anisimov.....plus the fact that he is great defensively and has something you cant teach(size) i wouldnt be happy if he was moved.....

however, if it was a good deal and the rangers got something else they needed, ala a goal scoring winger, then i would move on and say it was the best thing for the team.....

although, anisimov didnt look lost this preseason, he looked pretty good, last preseason he looked very good and IMO was very close to overtaking dubinsky for that last forward spot and we all know how dubi turned out...

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Like I have said Gomez shouldn't and hopefully won't be traded.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 07:30 PM
levski87

Quote:

I never said we can trade Gomer for a Kovy or Hossa. I said we can FREE UP CAP SPACE, which then we can use in the offseason possibly on those guys, even though Kovy has one more year.

Old
11-11-2008, 07:32 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Like I have said Gomez shouldn't and hopefully won't be traded.

We can't trade Drury and I want him more gone than anyone, so that only leaves Gomez and Rozy. As people said, Rozy's contract is the worst, so Gomez is the odd man out.