HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jesse Boulerice claimed by Oilers via Colorado.

Old
11-12-2008, 05:41 AM
bustoff

vCash: 500
Hmmmm.... what does this say about what the Oilers think of Stortini? Benson can't play at all just fight. That's why he was'nt brought up.

bustoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:42 AM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Then tell Souray the next time he fights his butt is going to be stapled to the bench. I've been converted into an enourmous Souray fan and I worry that his shoulder is going to pop out every single time he grabs someone. Still there had to be other options than Boulerice.

And no Canuck/Flames fans we are not having a parade or dance around the bonfire hoping that Regeher and Kesler are crosschecked in the face. Most of us can recognize that he's an absolutely useless hockey player but we need to see some silver lining to help us when we're forced to watch him wear the Oiler logo.
Go look on the Oilers board and tell me that in that thread there aren't any references to Bowlofrice crosschecking Regher and Kessler. You can't cause it would be a lie. There are well over 15 posts talking about cross checking Regher ending careers and so on. Mod Edit: deleted.

Last edited by Fugu: 11-12-2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: flaming, homophobic
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 12:06 PM
AM

Seems to me, if the NHL doesnt want this guy on the ice, they should have banned him for life?

Seeing as he isnt banned for life, the Oilers can use some distraction. I dont really care what he did in anywhere else, I assume Mact will have him on a short leash in an Oilers uniform, thats why I dont mind the move.

If it creates a distraction for Vancouverwhen they are coming to play the Oilers then its a winning gambit.

AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Brian28

The MAJORITY of Edmonton fans want nothing to do with this NHL goon. Personally I'd be happier knowing he's out of the NHL than having him on my team.

Every teams fans are hard on other teams. If you think that's disgusting you should check out the calls for Regher to end Hemsky's career after MacIntyre checked Boyd into the boards. THAT was disgusting. Again though...you have to take it with a grain of salt as that's a SMALL representation of the entire fanbase.

In regards to Gagner...he stepped up when he felt it was needed, he didn't get killed, and Penner was there as backup mouthing some words...think that might have had something to do with the way the fight ended? You know...perhaps...having someone that is every bit bigger than you, as you to the person you're fighting, ready to rip you apart if things go bad could make you not destroy the other player. I'd say Kesler was damn lucky he didn't actually hurt Gagner as someone on Edmonton was already volunteering for the penalties and such to follow.

Last edited by Acadmus: 11-12-2008 at 01:11 PM. Reason: qdp
Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Cleary84

Bad decision. Didn't like him at all while in Philly, don't think he'll improve.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I guess that means the Oilers are going to war.

Kevin Lowe is such a strange GM/Pres. It's like he grew in the Flyers organisation instead of the Oilers organisation.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Acadmus

Personally I've never forgiven Boulerice for effectively ending the career of Panthers prospect Andrew Long back in the 90s - he put him in a coma if I recall after swinging his stick baseball bat style at Long's head. Okay, maybe just a severe concussion - it was a decade ago, so I forget. Got banned from the ECHL for a year for that one. Long eventually came back, but after so much time off and being bedridden for so long, he never had a chance.

11-12-2008, 08:03 PM
HuMz

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames 4 Life View Post
This is too funny. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. All the Oil fans smashing the Flames for Bertuzzi when they picked him up spouting off all kinds of insults. Now they pick up perhaps the cheapest and definately the biggest dousche bag that has ever played the game and they are all for it. This my internet brethren is pure comedic gold.

Almost every Oiler fan prior to your post said they hated the signing yet to you were all somehow "All for it".

Reading and common sense owns you.

HuMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 08:10 PM
melubsdonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
Almost every Oiler fan prior to your post said they hated the signing yet to you were all somehow "All for it".

Reading and common sense owns you.
yuh... who's the "dousche bag" lol.

melubsdonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:03 PM
spot

We might as well put Stort at center and roll this fourth line for 2mins a game.

Smac Stortini Boulerice Then roll 3 offensive lines ala sabres style

Nilsson Gagner Hemsky
Penner Cogliano Cole
Moreau Horcoff Pisani

spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Iggy-4-50

Whats the prognosis on Big Mac, I broke my orbital when i was a teen, it healed by itself in a month or so but i can tell you it took a good year (possibly longer) before i could take contact to it, I remember just pushing on it would be painful and the bone still "tingled" up to 2 years later when in contact. The doc told me just to avoid getting another boot to the face

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote