HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could Sanguinetti get NYR a top 6 Winger

Old
11-11-2008, 09:35 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Could Sanguinetti get NYR a top 6 Winger

Goal Scorer?

11-11-2008, 09:39 AM
clmetsfan

Not by himself, he can't

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 09:46 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

0 NHL Games Played
0 NHL Goals
0 NHL Assists
0 NHL Points

Answer = No.

You could trade him for another fairly highly rated prospect and hope they turn into a top 6, but other than that no way.

That said, he is tied for third most points on the Wolfpack right now, so hopefully that's a sign of things to come. Maybe if there's an injury somewhere he may get a shot (although I see Poter getting first dibs unless Sanguinetti blows him out of the water at some point).

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

He'd have to be packaged, and additional salary would almost certainly have to be going the other way to fit this phantom top 6 forward under the cap.

I guess the best bet would be to find a defense-starved team and try to unload Roszival and Sanguinetti on them for a forward.

Unlikely.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:23 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

How is Bobby doing by the way?

Ive been in Europe for a few weeks with no computer and crappy euro tv!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:47 AM
ogie

right now straight up Sangs is worth at best, a 2nd round draft pick. until he plays some nhl games and establishes himself he is not worth much.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:47 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
How is Bobby doing by the way?

Ive been in Europe for a few weeks with no computer and crappy euro tv!
Started out slowly - has assists in his last three games though. I'd say this weekend will be telling as to whether he's made a jump in progress or he's simply in the midst of a seesaw season.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:25 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Goal Scorer?
Throw out some names. Who are you thinking about?

The issue is still taking salary back.

Any deal that might happen would probably not happen now. It would more likely be a deadline deal.

11-11-2008, 11:28 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
right now straight up Sangs is worth at best, a 2nd round draft pick. until he plays some nhl games and establishes himself he is not worth much.
I don't think so. He's not worth a second because the Rangers would not take a second for him. That said, I don't think he would fetch a first. And I'm not sure the Rangers would take a first for him either.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:36 AM
levski87

No point in trading Sangs ALREADY... This team is a bit farther away from JUST a Top 6 winger. You guys have to assume also that Dubi and ZHerdev need to get paid at the end of this year, if you bring in another guy worth 3-4 mil I don't see how our RFA needs are going to be addressed.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:57 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post

Any deal that might happen would probably not happen now. It would more likely be a deadline deal.
who cares. once renney gets to him, hell become a pass first, pass second and then perhaps shoot after waiting too long and then telegraphing the shot only to have it blocked or miss the net high and wide, kinda "goal scorer" ......

ugh.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:01 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
who cares. once renney gets to him, hell become a pass first, pass second and then perhaps shoot after waiting too long and then telegraphing the shot only to have it blocked or miss the net high and wide, kinda "goal scorer" ......

ugh.

Gotta love those PP passing drills!

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

ugh.
Wow, then its really strange how Jagr managed to break the Rangers franchise record for goals with 54 in Renney's first season.

And other than Jagr, if Renney's been armed with anything even close to a goal scorer I'd like to know about it.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

I'd say the Rangers value him more than other teams would. I'd also say he's not likely to be traded anytime soon.

As SBOB pointed out, the issue is salary. Moving a bunch of prospects and picks doesn't help this team clear salary to bring in another roster player. Not to mention you deplete your farm system.

It's fairly obvious at this point that this team needs another top-six winger, but our ability to acquire one is pretty limited. If we acquire anyone, my bet is that it's a prospect who can skate in Hartford until we can clear enough room for him to come up.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:16 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

ugh.
Yeah that's Renney's fault.

Old
11-11-2008, 12:18 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
As SBOB pointed out, the issue is salary. Moving a bunch of prospects and picks doesn't help this team clear salary to bring in another roster player. Not to mention you deplete your farm system.
It would also require the Rangers to make another trade to clear salary space — and presumably not take salary back in that trade. So you're not just dealing Sanguinetti for a top six winger.

Old
11-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
It would also require the Rangers to make another trade to clear salary space — and presumably not take salary back in that trade. So you're not just dealing Sanguinetti for a top six winger.
Right. Sanguinetti alone is unlikely to net a top-six winger to begin with though.

Old
11-11-2008, 12:24 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Right. Sanguinetti alone is unlikely to net a top-six winger to begin with though.
Correct. Possibly at the deadline.

Old
11-11-2008, 12:29 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Sanguinetti and a 2nd/3rd for Bobby Ryan?

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Correct. Possibly at the deadline.
Certainly more plausible that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Sanguinetti and a 2nd/3rd for Bobby Ryan?
Makes sense if Anaheim is in need of a PP QB after Niedermeyer retires, but I'm not sure why they're looking to move Ryan to begin with. He's in the AHL and doing well there. He fits the mold that Burke likes in a player, and didn't do too badly in his stint with the team last season. Also, unless his performance bonuses count against the cap despite him playing in the AHL, cap/salary shouldn't be an issue.

Old
11-11-2008, 12:38 PM
NYRSchrute217

Straight up, no.

At the deadline, I'm sure he could be the centerpiece of a deal for one, though.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:40 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:

Well we discussed Bobby Ryan yesterday. I know many are no longer high on Rob Schremp but I guess what Im thinking is trade our great D prospect for another teams great O prospect.

The roster guys this board wants to trade have little value on their own today. Prucha, Dawes, Rissmiller, Fritsche. Maybe we could package one of the those guys with Bobby Sangs to upgrade on the wing, but something tells me GMs are not being blown away by any of those guys. I suppose they all could be seen as decent 3rd liners with some upside potential scoring. Scoring which remains in Rennys words, "Dormant"

We took a shot at Atlantas top prospect and he didnt cut it.

Bobby Ryan gets a lot of press because by most peoples account he should be playing in the NHL today.

Rob Schremp even though he didnt make the Oilers cut is a very talented guy. So talented that most know who he is. Weve heard the stories and seen the you tubes. Lots of talent but immature.

What other top prospects are out there on teams with too much depth at forward to make them really look at Bobby Sangs as a more relevant need?

I know the Yotes have some really skilled young guys. Have to think Donnie would like Bobby Sangs.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:44 PM
drewcon40

Quote:
hell become a pass first, pass second and then perhaps shoot after waiting too long and then telegraphing the shot only to have it blocked or miss the net high and wide, kinda "goal scorer" ......
ugh.
Or as I like to say, the anti-Callahan.

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
I know the Yotes have some really skilled young guys. Have to think Donnie would like Bobby Sangs.
I'd love Boedker on this team. That kid has wheels and is the type of player that seems like he would play nicely with Gomez.

That's my own little pipe dream though.

Old
11-11-2008, 12:46 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Well we discussed Bobby Ryan yesterday. I know many are no longer high on Rob Schremp but I guess what Im thinking is trade our great D prospect for another teams great O prospect.

The roster guys this board wants to trade have little value on their own today. Prucha, Dawes, Rissmiller, Fritsche. Maybe we could package one of the those guys with Bobby Sangs to upgrade on the wing, but something tells me GMs are not being blown away by any of those guys. I suppose they all could be seen as decent 3rd liners with some upside potential scoring. Scoring which remains in Rennys words, "Dormant"

We took a shot at Atlantas top prospect and he didnt cut it.

Bobby Ryan gets a lot of press because by most peoples account he should be playing in the NHL today.

Rob Schremp even though he didnt make the Oilers cut is a very talented guy. So talented that most know who he is. Weve heard the stories and seen the you tubes. Lots of talent but immature.

What other top prospects are out there on teams with too much depth at forward to make them really look at Bobby Sangs as a more relevant need?

So you're assuming that Ryan or Schremp step in and instantly become contributing offensive players? Wouldn't this team want a guy with more of a history of producing at this level>

I like Ryan and I would certainly be interested if he was available but I'm not ready to say that he is the answer to this team's scoring woes.