HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could Sanguinetti get NYR a top 6 Winger

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2008, 09:35 AM
  #1
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,563
vCash: 500
Could Sanguinetti get NYR a top 6 Winger

Goal Scorer?

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 09:39 AM
  #2
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,860
vCash: 500
Not by himself, he can't

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 09:46 AM
  #3
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,066
vCash: 500
0 NHL Games Played
0 NHL Goals
0 NHL Assists
0 NHL Points

Answer = No.

You could trade him for another fairly highly rated prospect and hope they turn into a top 6, but other than that no way.

That said, he is tied for third most points on the Wolfpack right now, so hopefully that's a sign of things to come. Maybe if there's an injury somewhere he may get a shot (although I see Poter getting first dibs unless Sanguinetti blows him out of the water at some point).

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:02 AM
  #4
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,841
vCash: 500
He'd have to be packaged, and additional salary would almost certainly have to be going the other way to fit this phantom top 6 forward under the cap.

I guess the best bet would be to find a defense-starved team and try to unload Roszival and Sanguinetti on them for a forward.

Unlikely.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:23 AM
  #5
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
How is Bobby doing by the way?

Ive been in Europe for a few weeks with no computer and crappy euro tv!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:47 AM
  #6
ogie
Registered User
 
ogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Staten Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,271
vCash: 500
right now straight up Sangs is worth at best, a 2nd round draft pick. until he plays some nhl games and establishes himself he is not worth much.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:47 AM
  #7
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
How is Bobby doing by the way?

Ive been in Europe for a few weeks with no computer and crappy euro tv!
Started out slowly - has assists in his last three games though. I'd say this weekend will be telling as to whether he's made a jump in progress or he's simply in the midst of a seesaw season.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:25 AM
  #8
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,376
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Goal Scorer?
Throw out some names. Who are you thinking about?

The issue is still taking salary back.

Any deal that might happen would probably not happen now. It would more likely be a deadline deal.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:28 AM
  #9
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,376
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
right now straight up Sangs is worth at best, a 2nd round draft pick. until he plays some nhl games and establishes himself he is not worth much.
I don't think so. He's not worth a second because the Rangers would not take a second for him. That said, I don't think he would fetch a first. And I'm not sure the Rangers would take a first for him either.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:36 AM
  #10
levski87
Registered User
 
levski87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 3,980
vCash: 500
No point in trading Sangs ALREADY... This team is a bit farther away from JUST a Top 6 winger. You guys have to assume also that Dubi and ZHerdev need to get paid at the end of this year, if you bring in another guy worth 3-4 mil I don't see how our RFA needs are going to be addressed.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:57 AM
  #11
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Throw out some names. Who are you thinking about?
The issue is still taking salary back.

Any deal that might happen would probably not happen now. It would more likely be a deadline deal.
who cares. once renney gets to him, hell become a pass first, pass second and then perhaps shoot after waiting too long and then telegraphing the shot only to have it blocked or miss the net high and wide, kinda "goal scorer" ......

ugh.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:01 PM
  #12
levski87
Registered User
 
levski87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 3,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
who cares. once renney gets to him, hell become a pass first, pass second and then perhaps shoot after waiting too long and then telegraphing the shot only to have it blocked or miss the net high and wide, kinda "goal scorer" ......

ugh.

Gotta love those PP passing drills!

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:11 PM
  #13
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
who cares. once renney gets to him, hell become a pass first, pass second and then perhaps shoot after waiting too long and then telegraphing the shot only to have it blocked or miss the net high and wide, kinda "goal scorer" ......

ugh.
Wow, then its really strange how Jagr managed to break the Rangers franchise record for goals with 54 in Renney's first season.

And other than Jagr, if Renney's been armed with anything even close to a goal scorer I'd like to know about it.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:12 PM
  #14
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,065
vCash: 500
I'd say the Rangers value him more than other teams would. I'd also say he's not likely to be traded anytime soon.

As SBOB pointed out, the issue is salary. Moving a bunch of prospects and picks doesn't help this team clear salary to bring in another roster player. Not to mention you deplete your farm system.

It's fairly obvious at this point that this team needs another top-six winger, but our ability to acquire one is pretty limited. If we acquire anyone, my bet is that it's a prospect who can skate in Hartford until we can clear enough room for him to come up.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:16 PM
  #15
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,376
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
who cares. once renney gets to him, hell become a pass first, pass second and then perhaps shoot after waiting too long and then telegraphing the shot only to have it blocked or miss the net high and wide, kinda "goal scorer" ......

ugh.
Yeah that's Renney's fault.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:18 PM
  #16
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,376
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
As SBOB pointed out, the issue is salary. Moving a bunch of prospects and picks doesn't help this team clear salary to bring in another roster player. Not to mention you deplete your farm system.
It would also require the Rangers to make another trade to clear salary space — and presumably not take salary back in that trade. So you're not just dealing Sanguinetti for a top six winger.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:22 PM
  #17
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It would also require the Rangers to make another trade to clear salary space — and presumably not take salary back in that trade. So you're not just dealing Sanguinetti for a top six winger.
Right. Sanguinetti alone is unlikely to net a top-six winger to begin with though.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:24 PM
  #18
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,376
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Right. Sanguinetti alone is unlikely to net a top-six winger to begin with though.
Correct. Possibly at the deadline.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:29 PM
  #19
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,419
vCash: 500
Sanguinetti and a 2nd/3rd for Bobby Ryan?

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:33 PM
  #20
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Correct. Possibly at the deadline.
Certainly more plausible that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Sanguinetti and a 2nd/3rd for Bobby Ryan?
Makes sense if Anaheim is in need of a PP QB after Niedermeyer retires, but I'm not sure why they're looking to move Ryan to begin with. He's in the AHL and doing well there. He fits the mold that Burke likes in a player, and didn't do too badly in his stint with the team last season. Also, unless his performance bonuses count against the cap despite him playing in the AHL, cap/salary shouldn't be an issue.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:38 PM
  #21
NYRSchrute217
Registered User
 
NYRSchrute217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,570
vCash: 500
Straight up, no.

At the deadline, I'm sure he could be the centerpiece of a deal for one, though.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:40 PM
  #22
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Throw out some names. Who are you thinking about?

The issue is still taking salary back.

Any deal that might happen would probably not happen now. It would more likely be a deadline deal.

Well we discussed Bobby Ryan yesterday. I know many are no longer high on Rob Schremp but I guess what Im thinking is trade our great D prospect for another teams great O prospect.

The roster guys this board wants to trade have little value on their own today. Prucha, Dawes, Rissmiller, Fritsche. Maybe we could package one of the those guys with Bobby Sangs to upgrade on the wing, but something tells me GMs are not being blown away by any of those guys. I suppose they all could be seen as decent 3rd liners with some upside potential scoring. Scoring which remains in Rennys words, "Dormant"


We took a shot at Atlantas top prospect and he didnt cut it.


Bobby Ryan gets a lot of press because by most peoples account he should be playing in the NHL today.

Rob Schremp even though he didnt make the Oilers cut is a very talented guy. So talented that most know who he is. Weve heard the stories and seen the you tubes. Lots of talent but immature.

What other top prospects are out there on teams with too much depth at forward to make them really look at Bobby Sangs as a more relevant need?

I know the Yotes have some really skilled young guys. Have to think Donnie would like Bobby Sangs.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:44 PM
  #23
drewcon40
Registered User
 
drewcon40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: born LI, live SI
Posts: 852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
hell become a pass first, pass second and then perhaps shoot after waiting too long and then telegraphing the shot only to have it blocked or miss the net high and wide, kinda "goal scorer" ......
ugh.
Or as I like to say, the anti-Callahan.

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:45 PM
  #24
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
I know the Yotes have some really skilled young guys. Have to think Donnie would like Bobby Sangs.
I'd love Boedker on this team. That kid has wheels and is the type of player that seems like he would play nicely with Gomez.

That's my own little pipe dream though.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:46 PM
  #25
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,376
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Well we discussed Bobby Ryan yesterday. I know many are no longer high on Rob Schremp but I guess what Im thinking is trade our great D prospect for another teams great O prospect.

The roster guys this board wants to trade have little value on their own today. Prucha, Dawes, Rissmiller, Fritsche. Maybe we could package one of the those guys with Bobby Sangs to upgrade on the wing, but something tells me GMs are not being blown away by any of those guys. I suppose they all could be seen as decent 3rd liners with some upside potential scoring. Scoring which remains in Rennys words, "Dormant"


We took a shot at Atlantas top prospect and he didnt cut it.


Bobby Ryan gets a lot of press because by most peoples account he should be playing in the NHL today.

Rob Schremp even though he didnt make the Oilers cut is a very talented guy. So talented that most know who he is. Weve heard the stories and seen the you tubes. Lots of talent but immature.

What other top prospects are out there on teams with too much depth at forward to make them really look at Bobby Sangs as a more relevant need?

I know the Yotes have some really skilled young guys. Have to think Donnie would like Bobby Sangs.
So you're assuming that Ryan or Schremp step in and instantly become contributing offensive players? Wouldn't this team want a guy with more of a history of producing at this level>

I like Ryan and I would certainly be interested if he was available but I'm not ready to say that he is the answer to this team's scoring woes.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.