HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Park Rumor (Mitch Gaulton close to return)

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Blueshirt24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
It wasn't a an inexcusable gaffe, and I didn't intend that.

You mention your studies, and I laugh 'cause I was a pre-law major (consider trying it, you got me pretty good at the end!). You'll probably be very successful. But you don't need to ruin the fun

Hah! I've been thinking more and more about going into law when I finish up with undergrad over the past year. Thanks... you're pushing the ship further in that direction now

Seriously though, you're right - no need to get heated about any of this. Obviously we're both just passionate about our team and whenever any kind of rumor surfaces about our guys (especially one adorned with sensational headlines), we're going to be intrigued. Unfortunately, like the rest of the world all we can do is speculate. No hard feelings I hope.

11-11-2008, 11:24 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt24 View Post
According to some amateur guy who maintains a prospects website and wants more people to read it. I never SAID that the article was not misleading. If it was IMPLIED it's because I simply dumbed down the sensationalist terms in the article in my first read through it, something I'm used to doing as a PR major. It's common practice to "beef up" a story when you want people to read it. I'm not saying that the article couldn't be misleading, but I think if you read it with a grain of salt as I would any rumor on the net, it's not difficult to surmise that "the feel good story of the year" simply means "Aww... Messier's son getting a 'chance' to don Rangers blue - what a feel good story". Just because some guy with a blog says it's the feel good story of the year doesn't mean nothing else will happen all year, but can you blame him for wanting to make it interesting, especially when he thinks he's got an exclusive story?

More over, now you're arguing semantics with me. You're not arguing that it's not Lyon, but you're arguing that I made the terrible and inexcusible gaff of implying that the rumor was not misleading. It sounds like you just want to argue, which is a waste of time. Yes, I think the article blows it out of proportion, but I do believe I've said that several times in this thread. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first one on here admitting it AND the first one celebrating the acquisition of a legitimate prospect.

No. It can't be this way man. This has to involve us getting Bobby Ryan or another top prospect. We have to be sending picks and players out soon. We have to be shifting everything around, with 3 way trading, then another trade. It can't possibly be a small site reporting the signing of a small player that will have little impact on the New York Rangers.

There's a reason the trade proposals posted are always involving big players. 90% of them are Gaborik for Frolov or Kovalchuk for Toews, Seabrook and a pick. People would rather speculate unrealistic crap because they get orgasmic just thinking about it.

Old
11-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Blueshirt24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
No. It can't be this way man. This has to involve us getting Bobby Ryan or another top prospect. We have to be sending picks and players out soon. We have to be shifting everything around, with 3 way trading, then another trade. It can't possibly be a small site reporting the signing of a small player that will have little impact on the New York Rangers.

There's a reason the trade proposals posted are always involving big players. 90% of them are Gaborik for Frolov or Kovalchuk for Toews, Seabrook and a pick. People would rather speculate unrealistic crap because they get orgasmic just thinking about it.
Dude, I would rather talk about us getting Gaborik or Kovalchuk. Duh.

Come on now; Gaborik for Roszival, Dawes, Grachev, Potter, 1st?

Old
11-11-2008, 11:40 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Dude, I would rather talk about us getting Gaborik or Kovalchuk. Duh.

Come on now; Gaborik for Roszival, Dawes, Grachev, Potter, 1st?
I know you were being hypothetical and sarcastic... but I would rather see what a healthy Grachev can do with his career then to trade him for a made-of-glass Gaborik.

I feel pity for whoever overpays for Gaborik. The guy can't stay healthy. 2GP this year. Hasn't played in a month.

Old
11-12-2008, 12:11 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Hah! I've been thinking more and more about going into law when I finish up with undergrad over the past year. Thanks... you're pushing the ship further in that direction now

Seriously though, you're right - no need to get heated about any of this. Obviously we're both just passionate about our team and whenever any kind of rumor surfaces about our guys (especially one adorned with sensational headlines), we're going to be intrigued. Unfortunately, like the rest of the world all we can do is speculate. No hard feelings I hope.
Not at all. It's a world of cynics and some are a$$holes. I'm one!

Old
11-12-2008, 12:14 AM
NYR Viper

i have read it three times and i believe that they arent talking about gaulton as they said they are just relaying some news and i still believe it isnt lyon messier.....

Old
11-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Pizza

....This has to be the silliest thread I've ever seen on this board...and that is saying something.

Old
11-12-2008, 01:19 AM
TheZherdev

wdont know why the organization would make those guys be hush hush over an already owned prospect that is coming back from injury. Dont think its gaulton. If it is... total let down. Crossing fingers for Ryan.

Old
11-12-2008, 04:44 AM
jniklast

well i feel good for gaulton, but that was a bit of a dissapointment...

Old
11-12-2008, 05:58 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

It's Gaulton

http://theprospectpark.blogspot.com/

Quote:
Guess some people misread our message from last night when we talked about the surprise last night. What we were trying to drop hints to was that Mitch Gaulton is this close to defying the experts and could return to action on December 28th when his Erie Otters face Evgeny Grachev and his Brampton Battalion.
Much ado about nothing. I still think a move has to be made anyway.

Old
11-12-2008, 06:32 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
It's Gaulton

yeah it looks like they meant him but then this paragraph from yesterday simply doesn't fit:
Quote:
It is not very often when we get excited about adding another prospect but this one is special as if there was anyone who Ranger fans will adopt instantly it will be this young man.
but meh, it was pretty obvious from the start that this thread would end in dissapointment

and i absolutely agree that a move should be made, we have no true 1st/2nd line offensive threat among our prospects (maybe anisimov, but he is a center and i daresay a bit overrated around here)

Old
11-12-2008, 06:50 AM
ComradeFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR27 View Post
well if we want to speculate it is Ryan, then maybe the feel good part would be something about how he is a local boy who grew up idolizing the Rangers?
Bobby grew up in Cherry Hill, NJ which is right across the river from Philly so he isn't really a local local. Bobby also grew up friends of the Clarke family, as in Bobby Clarke. Sorry guys, but Bobby bled black and orange as a kid.

Old
11-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Blueshirt24

Quote:
It's Gaulton

So they've stated it's Gaulton. Geez. I used the word sensationalist in realation to Messier; this is beyond ridiculous for Gaulton. Whoever said that certain paragraph "just doesn't fit" doesn't get it; they blatantly said that they meant Gaulton with the post. Sure, other moves might be made but certainly NOT based on the rumor from Prospect Park. There's a site I'll be sure not to read anymore; they completely twisted the wording of their story to generate interest and it ended up being a bogus lead.

Old
11-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Who's Gaulton?

Old
11-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
It's Gaulton

Sorry, but I think they're *******s. Now blaming the readers for misreading their message? Of course, it's our fault.

Please tell me how the **** Gaulton returning to play this year earlier than expected is seen as increasing the prospect pool by one? Why would he not be considered a prospect?

Old
11-12-2008, 08:02 AM
Blueshirt24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Sorry, but I think they're *******s. Now blaming the readers for misreading their message? Of course, it's our fault.

Please tell me how the **** Gaulton returning to play this year earlier than expected is seen as increasing the prospect pool by one? Why would he not be considered a prospect?
Yes, I know, and WHY would we adopt him more quickly than anyone else? Wouldn't we already have done that, you know, seeing as he's ALREADY a prospect? Completely BOGUS article. No credibility on that site.

Old
11-12-2008, 08:09 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

That was just AWFUL. I know that Jess doesn't exactly place a premium on proper use of the English language, but I'm sorry that entry as written is an out-and-out lie. There's no getting around it.

Gaulton, injured or not, is already a Rangers prospect. His return to the ice does NOT increase the ranks of our prospects as we already had his rights. Did he think that the team drafted him and expected him to be a bust? No, they clearly drafted him hoping that he would return to form after his injury, whether that was in December or next season.

Total F-up by Jess.

Old
11-12-2008, 08:13 AM
Blueshirt24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
That was just AWFUL. I know that Jess doesn't exactly place a premium on proper use of the English language, but I'm sorry that entry as written is an out-and-out lie. There's no getting around it.

Gaulton, injured or not, is already a Rangers prospect. His return to the ice does NOT increase the ranks of our prospects as we already had his rights. Total F-up by Jess.
Nor is it "the feel good story of the year" nor someone who, for some reason, we would adopt instantly; more so than any other young player. Basically, complete bs. I was off on the player, but I called this being a completely blown out of proportion amatuer blog posting from the second I read it. Really lame and disappointing.

Old
11-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Ola

Ahh, big deal.

Atleast Gaulton gets some attention.

Old
11-12-2008, 09:12 AM
bumrusherer

Haha...Thats like being told you have a special present at Christmas and finding out that it is a new pair of socks.

Swiftly moving on.

Old
11-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post

Gaulton, injured or not, is already a Rangers prospect. His return to the ice does NOT increase the ranks of our prospects as we already had his rights. Did he think that the team drafted him and expected him to be a bust? No, they clearly drafted him hoping that he would return to form after his injury, whether that was in December or next season.

Total F-up by Jess.
No kidding. What the hell. I know he's a terrible writer but that's pretty damn inexcusable. Get your act together, Jess.

Old
11-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Melrose_Jr.

I still don't understand how this increases the prospect pool by 1.

Here is the original article describing the injury and timetable for return: http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...EY01/807260411 Having been hoping for return at the start of the '09/'10 season, it's at least a "feel good story".

I'll update the thread title.

Old
11-12-2008, 09:22 AM
squishy

Blech. Gaulton being back isn't even that much of a revelation, since news he was way ahead of schedule and would rejoin the team after the holidays was posted in the Prospects thread on Halloween.

Quote:
Gaulton returning soon?: Defenseman Mitch Gaulton could rejoin the Otters’ lineup after the Christmas break, an unnamed source speaking on 
condition of anonymity confirmed Wednesday. The 
rehabilitation of his left elbow appears “way ahead of schedule,” the source said. Gaulton, 18, who underwent reconstructive elbow surgery in July, was expected to miss the entire 
2008-09 season. He missed most of last season after 
being injured in Owen Sound last October.

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...97/-1/SPORTS04
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...&postcount=395

Old
11-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Wahoo..

Old
11-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Unk

Maybe the real surprise hasn't happened yet. This is just a test of our faith!

Closed Thread