HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

The Curse

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2004, 09:50 PM
Zeta16

vCash: 500
The Curse

Maybe making it to the playoffs all of these years in a row is a curse. Maybe in Stl. it is OK just to make the playoffs. I think it would make a bigger impact on player's to be out of the playoffs for a year (maybe to bring the hunger back) than to just get in and lose (because they get in each year and nothing ever improves).

Old
02-29-2004, 10:06 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta16
Maybe making it to the playoffs all of these years in a row is a curse. Maybe in Stl. it is OK just to make the playoffs. I think it would make a bigger impact on player's to be out of the playoffs for a year (maybe to bring the hunger back) than to just get in and lose (because they get in each year and nothing ever improves).

Sound like a 25 year curse? Heck yeah. Whats funny is a paid advertisement in The Belleville news democrat about 2 years ago for a phsycic said. That the blues wont win the cup until a curse is undone by a person in the organization who was basically screwed over, double crossed, or betrayed. I dont remember the exact words. But it was in the middle of nowhere in the paper, and we just happened to stumble across it.

Old
02-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Plager05

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
Sound like a 25 year curse? Heck yeah. Whats funny is a paid advertisement in The Belleville news democrat about 2 years ago for a phsycic said. That the blues wont win the cup until a curse is undone by a person in the organization who was basically screwed over, double crossed, or betrayed. I dont remember the exact words. But it was in the middle of nowhere in the paper, and we just happened to stumble across it.
I haven't talked to this guy in years but I'd bet money I know who it is.

Closed Thread