HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Getzlaf vs Kane vs Staal

View Poll Results: Who would you choose.
Getzlaf 28 30.77%
Kane 31 34.07%
Staal 32 35.16%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-11-2008, 03:35 PM
amnesiac*

vCash: 500
Getzlaf vs Kane vs Staal

The poll to settle the last 2.

You have a gun to your head and are asked "choose one".

EDIT: yes, Eric Staal.

Last edited by amnesiac*: 11-11-2008 at 04:27 PM.
amnesiac* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:24 PM
kammyBlazer*

Do you mean Eric Staal? If so i choose him.

kammyBlazer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:24 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Kane>Getzlaf>Staal.

That's how she goes.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:26 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
If you're talking Eric Staal, then him. Otherwise Getzlaf. Love all 3 players though, good poll.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:26 PM
TopProspecT

Good Poll.

I got my boy PK.

TopProspecT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 06:48 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

Goes..

Staal
Getzlaf (not far behind)

Kane

What exactly has Kane proven? a 71pt season and a hot start to this season? Staal and Getzlaf have both been leading scorers on a CUP WINNING TEAM. Not to mention a 40-100pt season from Staal and a 82pt season from Getz. Yeah Kane is younger, but he is a one dimensional winger in my books.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
I love Getzlaf, so I went with him.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 07:23 PM
amnesiac*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Goes..

Staal
Getzlaf (not far behind)

Kane

What exactly has Kane proven? a 71pt season and a hot start to this season? Staal and Getzlaf have both been leading scorers on a CUP WINNING TEAM. Not to mention a 40-100pt season from Staal and a 82pt season from Getz. Yeah Kane is younger, but he is a one dimensional winger in my books.
Name me some players whove finished 28th in league scoring at age 18. Do you not see the potential he has based on that stat?

Old
11-11-2008, 07:49 PM
tony d
The franchise

Eric Staal

11-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesiac View Post
Name me some players whove finished 28th in league scoring at age 18. Do you not see the potential he has based on that stat?
The other two players clearly bring more to the table. I still don't understand why Kane is getting so much love from people on this board. He still isn't a game breaker IMO. He has too many games where he floats around and does very little.

Edonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 08:32 PM
The Big Swede

Getzlaf
Staal
Kane

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 09:25 PM
AgentNaslund*

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_one98 View Post
The other two players clearly bring more to the table. I still don't understand why Kane is getting so much love from people on this board. He still isn't a game breaker IMO. He has too many games where he floats around and does very little.
He represents the hopes of alot of American hockey fans. (Kane). Canada has Crosby, Staal, Getzlaf, Russians with Malkin Ovechkin, Sweden has Backstrom, but the States have no bondified superstar up in the ranks until Pat Kane came around. Before him the last great American player was Modanno. Thats how sad it was. They tried to put Kessel in the same leauge as Crosby, but that didnt work out too well.

Anyways, Staal, Getzlaf then Kane for me. BTW I love the way Kane plays.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:05 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
I would take Getzlaf. Hands like Getz has for a guy of that stature is incredible. Can do anything for you...will drop the gloves, hit and yes, he can even score.

chaosrevolver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Happyhary9

Quote:
Haha. I take it you have not seen to many Hawks games. He is an absolute game breaker, all he does is create scoring chances over and over. He has been absolutely great. He has been much better player this year then he was last and he was pretty good last year too.

Happyhary9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:19 PM
Konk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
He represents the hopes of alot of American hockey fans. (Kane). Canada has Crosby, Staal, Getzlaf, Russians with Malkin Ovechkin, Sweden has Backstrom, but the States have no bondified superstar up in the ranks until Pat Kane came around. Before him the last great American player was Modanno. Thats how sad it was. They tried to put Kessel in the same leauge as Crosby, but that didnt work out too well.

Anyways, Staal, Getzlaf then Kane for me. BTW I love the way Kane plays.
That was TSN's very own, Pierre McGuire, NOT American media and/or fans.

Konk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Gardebut30

Quote:
I don't think there is any shame in seeing people rank Kane behind Getzlaf and Staal because those two are obviously very good players who've had a little more time to establish their place in the game.

It's funny, though, seeing people make up reasons to hate Kane such as what I've bolded in your post. This isn't even remotely close to being true. Open your eyes. If he floated around and did very little he'd wouldn't be getting the star treatment he receives. A lot of people didn't give him a hope in hell of being in the NHL yet, let alone playing at the high level he already is and maintaining that level.

If you don't like him, I could give a ****, but don't make stuff up to "prove" an empty point.

Gardebut30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 12:58 AM
ronnyweed

Quote:
Kane wasnt 18... he turned 19 last november (born November 19, 1988)... hes turning 20 this month... in a week

so your point is very unaccurate... I can name an 18 year old who finished with 102 pts tho, and was actually 18 when the season ended... not just 18 for 5 weeks of the season

Also now that I think about it, unless kane had 42 points in that 5 weeks, jordan staal had more points than kane as an 18 year old aswell

Kane is still an awesome player, but people try to make him sound like he accomplished so much more at 18 than he actually did

ronnyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 01:08 AM
nspeen

Kane is my favorite of the bunch but I would probably put Staal on my team.

nspeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 02:33 AM
AgentNaslund*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konk View Post
That was TSN's very own, Pierre McGuire, NOT American media and/or fans.
"America's Anserw to Sidney Crosby."

that was not Pierre McGuire.

I still remember how American fans were jacked up about Kessel. Dont try to change the story.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 07:07 AM
amnesiac*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post
Kane wasnt 18... he turned 19 last november (born November 19, 1988)... hes turning 20 this month... in a week

so your point is very unaccurate... I can name an 18 year old who finished with 102 pts tho, and was actually 18 when the season ended... not just 18 for 5 weeks of the season

Also now that I think about it, unless kane had 42 points in that 5 weeks, jordan staal had more points than kane as an 18 year old aswell

Kane is still an awesome player, but people try to make him sound like he accomplished so much more at 18 than he actually did
replace 18 with 19 then. My point still stands. Find me all the 19 year olds that finished 28th in league scoring.

Old
11-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Konk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
"America's Anserw to Sidney Crosby."

that was not Pierre McGuire.

I still remember how American fans were jacked up about Kessel. Dont try to change the story.
Oh yeah? You sure about that?

The below quote was said by Pierre during the u-18s, the last year Kessel was eligible. I remember, because I watched them. But either way, he's the proof you need:

Quote:
Interestingly, the projected No. 1 pick next season, Wisconsin native Phil Kessel, has been called "the American Sidney Crosby."

"He has the skating ability of Pat LaFontaine and shooting ability of Brett Hull. That's a lethal combination," McGuire said. "He may not be the ambassador Sid is going to be because Sid is so polished."

If both were eligible this season, McGuire said the split would probably be "17 general managers who favored Crosby and 13 who favored Kessel."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...t-talent_x.htm

American fans were "jacked up" about Kessel and still are. That doesn't mean anyone compared him to Crosby (other than McGuire), so stop spreading ********. You have your crow right up there in quotes, you can grab yourself a fork and some ketchup. Enjoy.

Konk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Staal
Getzlaf
Kane

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Happyhary9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyweed View Post

You guys nit pick about his age way to much. It was his draft year it was the first year he could play in the NHL. You guys say but he was 19 don't matter it was his draft year. The NHL says he did this as a 18 year old, the Hockey News refers to him as a 18 year old. So why can't anyone else. Its reaching to try and take away from what he did. 18/19 don't matter he was great at such a young age. The rules for how old a player can be was set up by the NHL so that you can't be 17 and in the NHL, so last year was his 18 year old season, at least according to the NHL and almost every Hockey media.

Old
11-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Happyhary9

Quote:
replace 18 with 19 then. My point still stands. Find me all the 19 year olds that finished 28th in league scoring.
To avoid all the little nit pickers that say well he was 19, just ask them for anyone that did that in there draft year. That way they can't say ****.

Old
11-12-2008, 02:33 PM
El Maestro

Quote:
You have a gun to your head and are asked "choose one".

Not necessary, I would take Kane without a doubt.

El Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote