HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wings Acquire Lang

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2004, 01:14 PM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Wings Acquire Lang

we all knew this was coming...

http://www.washingtoncaps.com/news/i...cont_id=232341

Old
02-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

The rich get richer, along with payroll...*chuckles*

Old
02-27-2004, 01:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

gee, this will make a HUGE difference :

"hey, if we've got a problem, we can just throw money at it!"

meanwhile, losing more prospects\top picks.

on an old team, that's dangerous. can anyone say "new york rangers?"

Old
02-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

They have an insane amount of money tied up now...Lang, Hatcher, Whitney.....all acquired JUST THIS YEAR ! Not to mention, Lidstrom's contract is coming up....as is Datsyuk's....

OW

Old
02-27-2004, 01:39 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
my sentiments exactly. Sounds like the prospect they gave up was pretty good, too. Plus a 1st and 4th rounder. geez. Good thing Poile isn't just trying to buy a stanley cup, he's building for the future.

Last edited by crossxcheck: 02-27-2004 at 01:52 PM.
Old
02-27-2004, 01:40 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

As long as it wasn't to the Blues.

Old
02-27-2004, 02:23 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:

Except the Wings can actually get into the playoffs and win it all.

I'm not sure about the trade, the Wings needed a physical player, especially for the playoffs, and Lang is def. not it. But hey, at least didn't give someone like Dats/Zetterberg.

Old
02-27-2004, 02:33 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Nothing would help the Owners more than the Wings winning the cup.

Old
02-27-2004, 02:44 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Except the Wings can actually get into the playoffs and win it all.

I'm not sure about the trade, the Wings needed a physical player, especially for the playoffs, and Lang is def. not it. But hey, at least didn't give someone like Dats/Zetterberg.

the rangers won it all in 94, and were a playoff team for a few years after that. you reap what you sow, though...and the wings are going to suffer for this. i'm not the only one who thinks it...there are plenty of analysts who believe that when the time comes for the wings to rebuild....they're going to be feeling the hurt.

what i find especially laughable is that the fans are trying to justify giving away their first round pick by saying, "well, we always get our best players from the 8th round, anyway."

so, you have some luck with some zetterbergs and some hudlers...and you expect it to happen every time? and immediately assume your first round pick will bust, a la golubovsky or kuznetzov?

interesting.

Old
02-27-2004, 05:32 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
the rangers won it all in 94, and were a playoff team for a few years after that. you reap what you sow, though...and the wings are going to suffer for this. i'm not the only one who thinks it...there are plenty of analysts who believe that when the time comes for the wings to rebuild....they're going to be feeling the hurt.

what i find especially laughable is that the fans are trying to justify giving away their first round pick by saying, "well, we always get our best players from the 8th round, anyway."

so, you have some luck with some zetterbergs and some hudlers...and you expect it to happen every time? and immediately assume your first round pick will bust, a la golubovsky or kuznetzov?

interesting.
Let the Wings have him. Hopefully he makes them really good. They have to play Calgary twice and St. Louis, L.A. and San Jose once more. They do play us as well. But if they beat us and everyone else on this list, since we have more points, I view it as a good thing.

Old
02-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Let the Wings have him. Hopefully he makes them really good. They have to play Calgary twice and St. Louis, L.A. and San Jose once more. They do play us as well. But if they beat us and everyone else on this list, since we have more points, I view it as a good thing.
Exactly, I'm not worried about catching the Wings, because more than likely that isn't going to happen. Lang is now kept off of the rosters of Calgary, St.Louis, etc (the teams we have to compete with...)

Old
03-01-2004, 08:02 PM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
my sentiments exactly. Sounds like the prospect they gave up was pretty good, too. Plus a 1st and 4th rounder. geez. Good thing Poile isn't just trying to buy a stanley cup, he's building for the future.
if you could "buy a stanley cup", the rangers would be in the playoffs....

Fleischmann probabley wouldn't have gotten at shot at the roster for another 2-4 years, so maybe this was for the best, (and he was a good prospect, no question there), the 4th pick is a 2006...and the 1st pick is nice, but a cup is nicer...

if you've got the money, spend it...I'm glad Ilitch is an owner that isn't afraid to spend money, and he spends it very wisely...if you guys haven't noticed, a lot of the powerhouses have begun to make trades to gear up for a "now or nothing" run
as for chucking money at the problem, that's not what's being done at all, if you watched any wings hockey at all you would've noticed that even Dandenault has been playing center for us due to our lack of depth, a #1 center is something we needed very badly, and Lang will be the man to take over after Yzerman's gone...

as for too much money being tied up for next year, we really aren't that bad off...big $$$ players like Chelios, Lidstrom, Yzerman might go, and Holland has left himself a lot of options...

now the main thing on my mind...http://www.predheads.com/humor/opposition/detroit.htm

is that humor???

Last edited by dats-13: 03-01-2004 at 08:06 PM.
Old
03-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

You have 38 million tied up in salary for next year......I wouldn't consider that "good". Its definitely "bad".

Old
03-02-2004, 10:14 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats-13
if you could "buy a stanley cup", the rangers would be in the playoffs....

Fleischmann probabley wouldn't have gotten at shot at the roster for another 2-4 years, so maybe this was for the best, (and he was a good prospect, no question there), the 4th pick is a 2006...and the 1st pick is nice, but a cup is nicer...

if you've got the money, spend it...I'm glad Ilitch is an owner that isn't afraid to spend money, and he spends it very wisely...if you guys haven't noticed, a lot of the powerhouses have begun to make trades to gear up for a "now or nothing" run
as for chucking money at the problem, that's not what's being done at all, if you watched any wings hockey at all you would've noticed that even Dandenault has been playing center for us due to our lack of depth, a #1 center is something we needed very badly, and Lang will be the man to take over after Yzerman's gone...

as for too much money being tied up for next year, we really aren't that bad off...big $$$ players like Chelios, Lidstrom, Yzerman might go, and Holland has left himself a lot of options...

now the main thing on my mind...http://www.predheads.com/humor/opposition/detroit.htm

is that humor???
http://www.divealanche.com/ ... wtf do you care what some of our die hard fans write about your team? ... it goes 29 different ways.

Old
03-02-2004, 10:49 AM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
You have 38 million tied up in salary for next year......I wouldn't consider that "good". Its definitely "bad".
it all depends on what is going to go down with the CBA...if there's no NHL next year it really doesn't matter, plus we dont know what the cap will be anyways, too early to judge

http://www.divealanche.com/ ... wtf do you care what some of our die hard fans write about your team? ... it goes 29 different ways.
03-01-2004 09:44 PM

I know, i know, it's just that the preds website isn't even remotely close to being funny, whereas the wings site is not funny....it was a joke anyways...

also, you guys seem to not understand that Detroit at one point was building for the future as well with the drafting of Yzerman, Lidstrom, Fedorov, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Fischer...multiple, multiple current roster players, we have a core, and we built around it...it's just that know is our time...

Old
03-02-2004, 12:01 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

You guys did do that, true, but of late, you have been adding quite a bit of players through FA signings. The core players are leaving/retiring, unfortunately. We will have to see if Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Fischer become the players that the Wings build around, or if they focus on trading/signing players to supplement them.

Closed Thread