HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL 2005 and the new CBA

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Sixty Six

vCash: 500
NHL 2005 and the new CBA

if there is not a new CBA in place, will there be an NHL 2005? and just a thought i'd like to link the european and NHL teams so they can bring people over from Europe through draft guys w/ no rights and sign the guys w/ their rights (ex. Pens and Tomas Duba). thanks for the help guys

Old
02-29-2004, 11:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb_Brooks
if there is not a new CBA in place, will there be an NHL 2005? and just a thought i'd like to link the european and NHL teams so they can bring people over from Europe through draft guys w/ no rights and sign the guys w/ their rights (ex. Pens and Tomas Duba). thanks for the help guys

You can do that with NHL 2004.

There better be an NHL 2005 because NHL 2004 is horrible. EA took out every thing they had right to fix everything they had wrong. I was doing 10 minute periods on medium and simmed up to Nov. 14 on all 3 elite leagues and I have guys with 70+ points after 20 games...What the hell? I don't mind 1-0 games or 7-6 games but I don't want 14-8 games like i played earlier. The occasional 12-11 game, OK. Not every game though. I am really dissapointed with the game play this year and other people would be fools disagree with that, because the old EA game we complained about was more realistic.

Old
03-01-2004, 11:57 AM
Sixty Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson

There better be an NHL 2005 because NHL 2004 is horrible. EA took out every thing they had right to fix everything they had wrong. I was doing 10 minute periods on medium and simmed up to Nov. 14 on all 3 elite leagues and I have guys with 70+ points after 20 games...What the hell? I don't mind 1-0 games or 7-6 games but I don't want 14-8 games like i played earlier. The occasional 12-11 game, OK. Not every game though. I am really dissapointed with the game play this year and other people would be fools disagree with that, because the old EA game we complained about was more realistic.
I meant like simultaniously have the seasons going on so you can scout the european leagues, and that in the season no other team but pittsburgh can sign duba. I dunno if this can be done or not

Old
03-02-2004, 12:50 PM
HckyFght*

Send a message via AIM to HckyFght*
Quote:

Gary Bettman's dream NHL come true! Maybe the Networks will give a deal to EASports instead of the real thing!
-HckyFght!

Old
03-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Afino
The Juice

vCash: 50
Quote:

Heh...I have it on easy and they don't even score that much...although it bothers me that scoring is at 80's level....10 players after 50 games with at least 40 goals....3 over 100 points...I play with the Kings, score 5-6 goals a game and I have trouble putting guys in the top 20 in scoring....Also, I don't like how penalties are so numerous in simulated games...do they even play even strength?? Highest PP rate 15%?? I'm LAST in the league (by a big margin) with a 85% PK rate. I don't like that. And also, with Hero Rating on, you're pretty much guaranteed to score a goal with those players near the end of a game if you take a shot, especially from the blue line.

But yea, if they woulda taken NHL 2002 and used everything from that game and just added the European teams and Dynasty mode, that woulda been perfect.

Old
03-02-2004, 01:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
its beyond 80's i play games that are 14-8!!!

Old
03-02-2004, 01:44 PM
jairadballerina

They need to tune up their Off-Season mode and view how long players are injured other than that lame ticker at the bottom of the screen. Maybe draft some guys from NCAA Football 2004. Now that's how a dynasty mode should work!

Old
03-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Afino
The Juice

Oh and another thing I've noticed, no matter how far you turn Injuries up, no one on your team gets hurt unless you simulate games...heh.

And aren't goalies that fight supposed to be kicked out of the game? I can't count on one hand how many times in my season Cechmanek has fought, but not once kicked out, nor his fighting partner....Odd....

Actually, I've only had one guy all season get ejected at ALL for a on-ice incident, and it was for an "instigator". NHL 2002 was just so much more realistic than this crap.

Last edited by Afino: 03-02-2004 at 01:53 PM.
Old
03-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Stephen

They better have better career features, i.e. a summary of the draft you can look at and see how guys progress as the years go by. They need to have transaction summaries with player bios so you get a history of the players. They need to use proper dates for statistics, i.e. 2014-2015, and not 2014. They need to indicate what team players play on in their career stats.

You should be allowed to fire coaches and hire new ones. You should be able to build new arenas or move your franchise. The AI needs to be smarter. There's no reason for a computer controlled team to pay 3 goalies over $25 million a season.

Old
03-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
You should be allowed to fire coaches and hire new ones. You should be able to build new arenas or move your franchise.
Well thanks for at least letting me know that before I finished my 1st season and I was let down....lol.

So in other words, make it like Madden. Sounds good to me.

Old
03-02-2004, 02:12 PM
jairadballerina

Some other complaints I have:

- Be able to view your team when offered a trade. Sure I know my lines but I can't recite my depth chart past my fourth line. (see next comment) Or make it easy to counter a trade proposal.

- As noted earlier about injuries rarely happening (and when they do, you really don't know it and if you miss the ticker at the bottom the next day you can't see when they come back) you rarely need guys in the minors or much depth. Lately I've been holding on to a few prospects and the rest of my guys I trade for draft picks. Sometimes if my player isn't worth a draft pick I would trade him for nothing just to dump salary and collect experience points.

- Do not inform you of players retiring. That information is sorta important, ya think?

Hopefully if there is a lockout/strike it will give the developers plenty of time to tune this up and release a worthy product next time.

Old
03-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jairadballerina
- As noted earlier about injuries rarely happening (and when they do, you really don't know it and if you miss the ticker at the bottom the next day you can't see when they come back) .
You can just go to Team Reports. Of course, they don't tell you when exactly they got hurt, you see 6 weeks and wonder when the date that actually is...drives me nuts.

Closed Thread