HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My first Garden ecperience.

Old
11-13-2008, 10:34 AM
allstar3970

vCash: 500
i've been to probably about 15-20 games at the garden, but nothing was like my first playoff games last season....the first home game against the devils (we lost in OT, but the pregame atmosphere...wow) the next home game when staal scored the winner with a few minutes left, and the one game we won against pittsburgh when Jagr was just in the zone...simply amazing.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 11:27 AM
SkerZ
LGR

The Garden is an amazing experiance everytime I go...Last season a close friend of mine had never been to the Garden so i decided to take him to a Rangers Fliers game..The game went into OT then a SO and the end result was a Ranger win I told him he couldnt have asked to go to a better first game...Besides a playoff win The place was ROCKIN

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:54 PM
TrueBlueNorwegian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Did you come all the way from Norway TBN?

Sorry the Isles game wasn't a win for you. That would have definitely taken your experience up a notch.
Yea thats right. We flew in from Norway on Sunday 2nd and stayed till Sunday 9th. It was an amazing experience. And the Rangers games were obviously the highlights of our trip.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 03:29 PM
grrrreg
Soft European

I know exactly how it must have been. I never went to the MSG (I'd love to), but I'm a habs fan living in France, and the first time I saw a game for real at the Bell Centre, it was magical.

It's really something you can't forget, whatever the outcome of the game, especially if you've been a fan of the team for a long time before. You'll see, when you come back to Norway, it won't be the same to watch a game on tv. Now, it will always be associated with all the details, sounds, and even odours you got a chance to experience by yourself. (well, about the odours, just try to remember the good ones!)

grrrreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Ani simov mal

Oh serious, I sit in 326.

Ani simov mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Camenzuli

You won`t be the only Norwegians to visit MSG this season, myself and a friend will fly over for the three game homestand vs Buffalo, Ottawa and Minnesota in March! Needless to say, I'm just counting the days even though it`s 4 months away!

Camenzuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:31 PM
NYRSchrute217

I'll always remember my first game at MSG. Got a puck (during warm-ups) from The Captain himself. As a little kid, there is nothing cooler.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 10:45 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Can not comprehend... message not understood...
Seriously, with PERHAPS the Estádio do Maracană and/or Camp Nuo being the exceptions (and are stadiums technically) it IS the most famous arena. In your opinion, what is if not MSG?
Wembley, even the new one, is probably more famous around the world than either the Maracană or the Camp Nou. You also have to think of Anfield (sadly not long for this world), the Bombonera, Old Trafford, The Rose Bowl, the Santiago Bernabéu, the San Siro, and the Stade de France. That's not even mentioning Lords, the cricket ground (cricket has a gigantic following, if only because of the number of people in the Indian subcontinent).

But each of those, as you say, is a stadium, and I think you'd have a hard time finding a more famous ARENA than MSG... A lot of people have probably heard of Chicago Stadium and The Boston Garden, but they don't exist anymore (not that MSG is the original, of course).

Last edited by 007: 11-13-2008 at 10:56 PM.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 12:24 AM
nickrOck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
That only happens when John Amirante sings. Everyone else doesn't do it for me.
oh absolutely..! when he's not singing i almost lose complete interest in it.. i hate when they have the "OTHERS" perform.. sucks.!

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:01 AM
TrueBlueNorwegian

We enjoyed it so much that we are thinking about making it an annual tradition to go to N.Y and see the Rangers. I doen't cost much more than a trip to spain (people usually spend their money on trips to Spain over here) I'd much rather go to New York and watch my beloved Rangers!

Expect to see me at the Garden again in 09

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 04:34 AM
wandk128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Daily View Post
MSG is a great place, but I really can't wait for the renovations. I sit in 419 row D, and if a person in front of you leans forward the slightest bit you are blocked from the action and forced to lean even more yourself, which creates a chain reaction in the entire section.

The new layout will have more of a vertical feel in the blue seats section which will make for a much better viewing experience.

As far as atmosphere though, there's nothing like MSG.
Sorry for the ignorance, but what exactly are they doing inside construction wise?

wandk128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:55 AM
NJrocket24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I do, too. It's quite a feeling. I don't get that anywhere else and I doubt other teams fans do, either.

The Garden is a special, special place. There's no arena like it.
Def. I've been to the meadowlands plenty of times (they'd have firefighter ticket nights), just routine hockey games. When I first went to the Garden it was amazing. My parents never liked the city so they'd never take me when I was younger. So I went by myself on the train and it was amazing. Its just a totally different ambience. Indescribable feeling to sit in those blue seats.

I've also been to the old Forum in Montreal which was cool because of the history, but MSG is just totally different because I'm a fan.

NJrocket24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:12 AM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandk128 View Post
Sorry for the ignorance, but what exactly are they doing inside construction wise?
They're renovating the arena. They'll start next summer (summer is when most of the work will be done), and it should be completed by the 11-12 season.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote