HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nov 12th NY Rangers vs NJ Devils 7PM MSG2

Old
11-13-2008, 12:53 AM
sattar18

vCash: 500
good game guys, rangers were def the better team

anyways i got to see dubinsky after the game, really nice guy, signed everyone's things twice and then went back and forth to get 3 slices of pizza

sattar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:11 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt24 View Post
Definitely. Parise is sick.

yea hes helping my fantasy team, hes just not on the right NHL team

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:18 AM
clmetsfan

Sam Weinman called the Dubinsky-Parise scuffle the turning point of the game, with regard to momentum. He also has a great quote from Dubi:

Quote:
“I guess I just wanted to send a message that it’s not OK to hit a guy from behind like that, but that’s how it goes sometimes,” Dubinsky said. “The boys had a great kill, and when I came back to the bench, they said they’re willing to kill those ones off, and that’s all I needed to hear.”

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:28 AM
sattar18

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Sam Weinman called the Dubinsky-Parise scuffle the turning point of the game, with regard to momentum. He also has a great quote from Dubi:
i really wouldnt say that was the turning point of the game since the rangers didnt look that great the 1st period but turned it on in the 2nd, the 5 on 3 was the turning point obviously

sattar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:31 AM
Blueshirt24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattar18 View Post
i really wouldnt say that was the turning point of the game since the rangers didnt look that great the 1st period but turned it on in the 2nd, the 5 on 3 was the turning point obviously

Can't we just pretend it was the one BRUTAL punch Dubi planted in Zubrus's faces during their little dance? The fight really wasn't anything special but I DVR'd it and watched it a few times... and then a few times in slow-mo... and then a few more times... and EVERY time I couldn't help but crack a HUGE grin at Dubinsky absolutely clocking Zubrus with that one punch, right as the jersey went over Zubrus's head.

11-13-2008, 02:00 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
I'm not sure how many people noticed it, maybe the angle was only on the devils broadcast, but guys we're really lucky that Dubinsky didn't get severely hurt when he fell back on his head after being tackled by Zubrus.

TSN talked about it, and brought up the issue of taking helmets off when fighting.
http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip111997#clip111997

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:32 AM
hdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
I'm not sure how many people noticed it, maybe the angle was only on the devils broadcast, but guys we're really lucky that Dubinsky didn't get severely hurt when he fell back on his head after being tackled by Zubrus.

TSN talked about it, and brought up the issue of taking helmets off when fighting.
http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip111997#clip111997
It's touches on the visor issue.

I don't think any player wear a visor to get a better chance while fighting, they wear a visor because they don't want to get a puck or a stick in their eye.

And those with visors who do chip into a fight will most often rip their helmet off.

It's not like you can stop the action and say "hey wait, I gotta remove my visor".

If you wanna go bare-knuckle then why not pop your helmet too?

After all, you're more likely to get a brain injury from the pounding than you are from hitting your head on the ice.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:50 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
After all, you're more likely to get a brain injury from the pounding than you are from hitting your head on the ice.

False. Ice is harder than fist. Furthermore, when you get punched while standing, your head moves backward lessening the blow. The ice does not move downward when your head hits it.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 03:36 AM
guyincognito

thought it was interesting someone brought up the fight and Dubinsky almost getting skullplanted.

that made me cringe. and yes, obviously ice is worse than fist. if he made contact hard, he would not have gotten up and it literally would have been a mess.

guyincognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 03:42 AM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
thought it was interesting someone brought up the fight and Dubinsky almost getting skullplanted.

that made me cringe. and yes, obviously ice is worse than fist. if he made contact hard, he would not have gotten up and it literally would have been a mess.
Last thing anyone wants is to see anyone get hurt. I was a bit peeved at Dubi kept swinging after the Jersey was up over Zubs head. BUTTT then i realized Zubs was still swingin wildly

Good game.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 04:00 AM
hdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanktasticVoyage35 View Post
False. Ice is harder than fist. Furthermore, when you get punched while standing, your head moves backward lessening the blow. The ice does not move downward when your head hits it.
Yep, but most people, unless already out cold, will tuck their head and absorb most of the energy with their back and shoulders, just like tonight.

But anyone who's willing to take the risks involved with someone hitting your head with their bare fists is already asking for permanent brain damage.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 04:24 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Lol. Now they're praising Lundqvist for his unusual goalie style of staying deep in the net.

In the playoffs, they bashed him for playing deep, because "he didn't feel comfortable in his game and didn't challenge the shooters". I remember I tried to tell Devils fans Henrik playing deep is a conscious choice, but of course they didn't believe me. Of course Chico was right with his "Lundqvist isn't comfortable right now" BS.

On another note, we scored twice on the PP and on an oddman rush. On a normal (bad) night, we would have found a way to lose this game with 2-1.
The deeper you can play in the net, the better. All modern goalies trys to stay as deep as possible.

If you go out, all it takes is that a shot goes wide and bounces of the boards to someone who gets a empty net, or hits a leg and falls down on the stick of the wrong guy...

In Sweden for a long time there were no goaliecoaches who realized the value of staying deep -- hence why Sweden didn't produce any goalies untill Lundqvist came up. But its so funny to watch guys like Henriksson and Backlund in Sweden who still play that old style of gooing out of the net to cut down on angles. All goals scored on them are into open nets after bounces.

So playing goal today is all about staying as deep in the net as you can -- while still saving the first shot. You can't stay so deep in the net that you let the first goal in.

And in the PO's Pittsburgh really did get Lundqvist kind of off that balance. Like they owned our PK so they always had the option of lineing up Malkin for slappers -- while having Crosby, Hossa and co down low. Its easy to sit here and say that Lundy should have gone out on the slappers which Malkin scored on, and stayed deep when Crosby took the shots. He should, but...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 07:26 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
He's also a gentleman in person. And a champion for the game. And a big fan of Dubinsky and Staal.
I don't care what he is in person. He's unprofessional! When did JD or Sam or John call a game as biased as Chico does? He's a announcer/play by play guy. Not a cheerleader, excuse maker or basher of the other team! Its called professionalism and he's shows none. Having spent part of my career on Wall Street I can introduce you to plenty of guys who are gentlemen in person but won't hesitate to stick a knife in your back to make a couple of bucks. Doesn't make them good people -- just clever POS!

To me thats the whole problem with the debbies organization. Look at Sutter when his son got hit. Started whining about players not showing respect for one another. Yet he's got guys like White (dirty player) who runs around with a face shield and plays tough or slew foots guys. Tonite you had Parise cross check Girardi from behind into the net and then throw a HEAD HIGH elbow into his cheak. Talk about HITS TO THE HEAD! Say what you want about Renney but he's alway a class act --never will bash another player from the other team. It starts on the ice and goes up through the whole organization Rangers show class and the Debbies whine!!!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 07:32 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanktasticVoyage35 View Post
I watched the MSG+ feed for the sake of HD, and hearing Daneyko ***** and complain was priceless

Speaking of Parise...he was being interviewed in the locker room after the game and he was asked about the incident right after the Devils first goal...he actually said it was his fault because he hit Girardi from behind right after the goal. I give him props for owning up to that.... I'm also glad we kept him out of the goal column. He's a very dangerous player whenever he's out there.
I didn't hear that but if he said that I gotta give him credit. He knows he got what he deserved. Its over now. I still don't like him but atleast he owned up for his actions!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
The deeper you can play in the net, the better. All modern goalies trys to stay as deep as possible.
yeah it's kind of funny. There was definitely a period where goalies played the angles wayyyyyyyyyy out, but they seem to have reigned that in. I think Lundqvist still plays a little deeper than most, but his positioning and anticipation tends to be better than most (making him a top goalie in the league).

I really hope he keeps up his game this year. If he can keep playing like this in general, he should be a legit Vezina contender

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:39 AM
asparkoflife

Chico is the most god awful announcer in the NHL. He even sounded dejected after the game like he was playing the game. Any call against the Devils was a bad call. The between periods I had to hear that clown Daneyko whine about it more. It was awful.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:56 AM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

I was so upset last night when I realized that I had to watch the Devils feed. I hope that never happens again. Stupid Knicks... and I guess stupid Direct TV for giving me only Devils feeds everywhere.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:59 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
I don't care what he is in person. He's unprofessional! When did JD or Sam or John call a game as biased as Chico does? He's a announcer/play by play guy. Not a cheerleader, excuse maker or basher of the other team! Its called professionalism and he's shows none. Having spent part of my career on Wall Street I can introduce you to plenty of guys who are gentlemen in person but won't hesitate to stick a knife in your back to make a couple of bucks. Doesn't make them good people -- just clever POS!

To me thats the whole problem with the debbies organization. Look at Sutter when his son got hit. Started whining about players not showing respect for one another. Yet he's got guys like White (dirty player) who runs around with a face shield and plays tough or slew foots guys. Tonite you had Parise cross check Girardi from behind into the net and then throw a HEAD HIGH elbow into his cheak. Talk about HITS TO THE HEAD! Say what you want about Renney but he's alway a class act --never will bash another player from the other team. It starts on the ice and goes up through the whole organization Rangers show class and the Debbies whine!!!
So you're comparing someone you've never met to a person who will stab you in the back? Come on.

If he worked for the Rangers you would love him.

He's passionate for the game and he's passionate about the Devils. And I think you can say those things about Sam and JD (passionate about the game and passionate about the Rangers).

Also, as I recall some people in the past have complained about Joe not being a big enough Ranger homer.

Zach Parise crossschecked Girardi from behind? It happens in hockey. Doesn't seem so long ago that this board was littered with Sean Avery mancrush threads.

To me bashing Chico just comes off as poor winning. I enjoyed the Rangers winning that game.

11-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Garv23

As spoiled as I am with HD, I had to watch the game on MSG2. There was just no possible way. I tried flipping channels, but would 'last channel' the second Doc and Chico squawked. Do they broadcast from a big nest?

Anyway, good solid game after the weak 1st. Now let's stop this win-lose-win stuff and get on another streak here! I'd like to see Fritsche get a few more games in. Thought he was solid.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2k99 View Post
Well this is already over.

A GDT classic - Rangers give up first goal, all is lost

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
There is a ton of complacency out there in white.

It's like they think they can just glide after winning so much last month.
No, its our fans that dont understand. Gomez is out, the guys took a little while to get comfortable and look at the results. You guys are too qucik to react, internet generation at its worst again.

Old
11-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Id be shocked if we scored tonight. We look like crap.
So....were you shocked?

Old
11-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post

How is he unprofessional when after the first Devils goal he commented the Devils got away with a penalty? If he was unprofessional, he would have said the call was correct.

The guys voice is annoying, he does favor the Devils but is he unprofessional? I don't think so.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Quiet but solid game by Naslund.

And we can talk about Zherdev's scoring ability, but he is a very smart player defensively.
Good calls.

Nicky Z has a high ceiling, love his attitude and play so far.

Old
11-13-2008, 10:07 AM
NorthlandPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
Chico is so damn brutal, but I don't think Doc is that huge of a homer...
What I dislike Emmerick about is that he makes so many mistakes regarding players names during the game. It is one thing to mistake a player wearing number 17 for 27. But when one is lefthanded and the other is right handed, well you just suck. His drummed up enthusiasm is so blatantly phoney that it is not only annoying but it is many times in stark contrast as to what is actually occurring on the ice!

Were many of the penalties boarerline? You bet. But that is how they are calling them. In the first period the devils should have been shorthanded a couple of times, but the refs gave them a pass. In fact the NYRs were on the short end of the calls. We didn't P&M, we played through it.

What was most sad was that the building was 1/2 empty. That can not be good news for the NY frandchise. I know the economy has hit the skids, but this was occuring last year too. I can see the same situation occurring in NJ that has befallen LI. The team starts to lose and frontrunners leave the building and the team goes into the toilet. So much for the saying if they build it they will come. They did and the attendance over there may actually be worse than at the Meadowlands! Who would have ever thought that with all of the talk from devil fans that they didn't like the Dump and were going to flock tot he new place. The possible answer could be that some of them never got the news that the team moved.

NorthlandPro is offline   Reply With Quote