HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens lost two in a row, the world is ending, vs. Islanders, 7:30PM, S-NET(HD)

Old
11-14-2008, 07:33 AM
umma gumma

vCash: 500
I hope management pulls a Bob Gainey and tells the fans to shut up and stay home. If Management listens to the fans we'll have the same bull**** the Habs went through after they fired Savard.

umma gumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:34 AM
umma gumma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc Man View Post
I had a chuckle this morning when I heard that the fans at the Bank booed the Sens off the ice last night. Good for the fans. All I can say is I'm glad I didn't shell out any coin on that stinker last night. At least at home I could turn off the TV after two periods and do something productive.

We should lose the "Alfie Alfie" and "Go Sens Go" chants, and start a new one.

REFUND REFUND REFUND.
Typical Ottawa fan.

Old
11-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Quote:
Originally Posted by umma gumma View Post
Typical Ottawa fan.
I don't think this organization could survive a few non-playoff years. Attendance is already down.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:57 AM
umma gumma

Well that's just the way it is here in Ottawa. No support when the going gets tough.

Old
11-14-2008, 07:59 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indrew View Post
I don't think this organization could survive a few non-playoff years. Attendance is already down.
Attendance is down about 1200 which as of now is ok.Alot of the teams will have a drop in attendance due to the economics.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Herc Man
AmandaHugincis

Quote:
Typical Ottawa fan.
I bet you would be pretty pissed if you bought a real lemon of a car, and most likely ask for you money back. What's different from buying a product and being sorely disappointed with it, compared to what you were promised you were buying?

If you want to spend your money and watch beer league hockey, feel free. Last time I went (last week) it was not cheap to get decent seats at the Bank.

I couldn't give a rats ass if we win or lose, just give me a solid effort and make me feel like my money was well spent.

Herc Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:09 AM
umma gumma

Quote:
I bet you would be pretty pissed if you bought a real lemon of a car, and most likely ask for you money back. What's different from buying a product and being sorely disappointed with it, compared to what you were promised you were buying?
Don't like your Chevy, go buy a Ford. Don't like the Sens, go follow the Leafs.

As a means of transportation that you're dependent on, your car had better work properly. We're talking sports here. This isn't sports town, not with that mentality. It's times like these a team's fan base gets really tested.

Old
11-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Herc Man
AmandaHugincis

Quote:
Don't like your Chevy, go buy a Ford. Don't like the Sens, go follow the Leafs.

As a means of transportation that you're dependent on, your car had better work properly. We're talking sports here. This isn't sports town, not with that mentality. It's times like these a team's fan base gets really tested.
Why shouldn't a sporting team be just like any other commercial product you buy? Build any good product and people will lay down hard currency for it.

As for fans in Ottawa, we are generally not stupid. Ice a team that competes and trys to win and most fans don't care if they win or lose. I've been a long time Sens fan from the time the puck first dropped against Montreal. I've lived through the first few glorious seasons of suckage. I am still a fan. You know why? Because they showed heart and determination to succeed, even when they fell flat. I am not seeing that right now. I am still a fan, but not rich enough to throw away money on something that will not entertain me.

Hmmm, two tickets to suck town, or 8 cases of beer? If I buy the tickets to suck town I will still end up buying more beer to help ease the pain. That works out to a monetary loss in the cheque book.

I will continue to vote with my wallet until I see effort and commitment, again win or lose, by this team.

And by the way, Leafs fans are just plain foolish for continuing to shell out for crap teams. Perhaps if they voted with their wallets the ownership would actually do something to turn things around with the team instead of snapping up aging has beens or young never will be's.

Old
11-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Bloggins

Quote:
This isn't sports town, not with that mentality. It's times like these a team's fan base gets really tested.
I think this town loves their hockey team. And Losing isn't what caused those boos to rain down last night. A pathetic effort is. I have no problem with fans showing their displeasure with a team when they just don't work hard enough for it. Giving up on a team simply because they lack the talent to compete is not very "fan like" but that's not what's happening here.

The real kick in the parts is that we have seen this team compete and do well for various amounts of time through this early season. From a full 60 minute effort and a great result to the 3rd period "holy crap we better get out butts moving" and all the way to last night where they thought 10 minutes was enough.

These guys are professional athletes making very good money to play a sport they supposedly love for a living. They can take a little heat if they decide to try and take a night off. The fans were just letting them know that we noticed that they were taking a night off.

Bloggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:52 AM
umma gumma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggins View Post
I think this town loves their hockey team.
This town loves their winning hockey team.

Quote:
And Losing isn't what caused those boos to rain down last night. A pathetic effort is. I have no problem with fans showing their displeasure with a team when they just don't work hard enough for it.
I don't either, but what our fans don't do is give the team a push when they need it, like they do in Montreal.
Quote:
Giving up on a team simply because they lack the talent to compete is not very "fan like" but that's not what's happening here.
Not yet.

Quote:
These guys are professional athletes making very good money to play a sport they supposedly love for a living. They can take a little heat if they decide to try and take a night off. The fans were just letting them know that we noticed that they were taking a night off.
I agree.

Old
11-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

vCash: 50
Quote:

Hmmm, two tickets to suck town, or 8 cases of beer? If I buy the tickets to suck town I will still end up buying more beer to help ease the pain. That works out to a monetary loss in the cheque book.

I will continue to vote with my wallet until I see effort and commitment, again win or lose, by this team.
/signed.

We have season tickets in our office pool and if this team keeps the suck up at a high level, bye bye to our money next year. Play a tough, spirited game at least. Alfredsson and Fisher are the only forwards playing with any agression. Man...even sitting though 12-2 pastings against Buffalo a while back was less painful because I knew we'd be improved for years to come.

Quote:
And by the way, Leafs fans are just plain foolish for continuing to shell out for crap teams. Perhaps if they voted with their wallets the ownership would actually do something to turn things around with the team instead of snapping up aging has beens or young never will be's.
Just on this, they dumped Raycroft, McCabe, Tucker, Sundin is gone...they traded for a high pick and now have a bunch of no-names that play with speed and energy. No they won't win the Stanley Cup but they are getting in better shape. They are one of the youngest teams in the league too.

I agree in principle that fans should not support a losing product though Herc.

Melnyks Mirage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:59 AM
umma gumma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
I agree in principle that fans should not support a losing product though Herc.
Absolutely. The situation is different here in Ottawa though, we don't have a Jacobs, or Wirtz, or Ballard. Ownership wants to win.

This is a transition year not a rebuild, it could be painful, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Old
11-14-2008, 09:00 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

For the record, I heard copious "Go Sens Go" cheers in the 3rd period when the team was down.

The 6 on 3 that failed to muster a decent scoring chance over 40 seconds deserved a boo.

NyQuil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Bloggins

Quote:
This town loves their winning hockey team.

This town built it's fan base on a very losing hockey team through the 90's.

Bloggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Herc Man
AmandaHugincis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
Just on this, they dumped Raycroft, McCabe, Tucker, Sundin is gone...they traded for a high pick and now have a bunch of no-names that play with speed and energy. No they won't win the Stanley Cup but they are getting in better shape. They are one of the youngest teams in the league too.
I can't believe I am saying this, put I am happy for Toronto. They still may lose, but the team is entertaining to watch. I still think, though, having an ownership whose only interest is making money dooms Toronto to many more years of mediocrity. That makes me sad for hockey fans there.

Old
11-14-2008, 10:24 AM
umma gumma

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
The 6 on 3 that failed to muster a decent scoring chance over 40 seconds deserved a boo.
Yes it was rather sad. I was laughing to my wife telling her we had three more guys than NY and still they had TWO guys closer to the puck than we did.

Last night was not a good game.

Old
11-14-2008, 10:37 AM
SabFanInOtt

I actually was crazy enough to pay and watch that game last night and was floored by just how poor the effort was. You better believe the boo's are only going to increase in frequency and in decibel if this continues. I work hard at my job why can't they?

SabFanInOtt is offline   Reply With Quote