HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

UFA goalies and defencemen?

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2004, 10:35 PM
FrankieD

vCash: 500
UFA goalies and defencemen?

I know most a you are gonna be mad at me for asken this question but we do need a goalie and could use more defencive defencmen if we want to build a defencive team. Our core defencmen for next year at this point are prolly gonna be Leech, Poti, DeVries, Kasper, and Tjutin. The team hasn't had a big dominant d-man since Bueakaboom. That kind of defenceman could help this team get out of this hole we're in. As far as the offence goes, I hope we trade most of the players we have and pick up a bunch of young players, prospects, and draft picks. Kovelev, Nedved, Messier, Hlavac, Barnaby, Lindros, should all be traded to contenders. Holik and Jagr should be the two players we should build around.

Old
02-29-2004, 10:40 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieD
I know most a you are gonna be mad at me for asken this question but we do need a goalie and could use more defencive defencmen if we want to build a defencive team. Our core defencmen for next year at this point are prolly gonna be Leech, Poti, DeVries, Kasper, and Tjutin. The team hasn't had a big dominant d-man since Bueakaboom. That kind of defenceman could help this team get out of this hole we're in. As far as the offence goes, I hope we trade most of the players we have and pick up a bunch of young players, prospects, and draft picks. Kovelev, Nedved, Messier, Hlavac, Barnaby, Lindros, should all be traded to contenders. Holik and Jagr should be the two players we should build around.

This would be my team so far:

Lundmark
Holik
Ortmeyer
Jagr
Rucinsky
LaCouture
De Vries
Kasper
Purinton
Tyutin
Markkanen

*Leetch Id keep Leetch if the offer is not overpaying.

Poti hopefully will go to Bruins for Jillson and Samuelsson
Malakhov Mironov Kovalev Nedved Hlavac Lindros Messier to anyone who will take them. Let the rebuilding begin

Old
02-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Why bother even talking about UFAs? Besides the fact that this organization has been ruined by its' indiscriminate signing of them, there is the fact that the CBA expires 9/15/04. No organization in its' right mind is going to sign any UFAs before they know what the new CBA looks like. There is one exception of course: young free agents like those who are too old to go back into the draft.

Old
03-01-2004, 07:54 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Poti hopefully will go to Bruins for Jillson and Samuelsson
I think you will have a hard time getting either or these guys for Poti.