HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lasse Kukkonen

Old
11-13-2008, 01:12 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Lasse Kukkonen

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet...782&feedID=695

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:13 PM
BrindamoursNose

vCash: 500
Flyers fans, welcome Brendan Shanahan.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:14 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
I hope Dallas at least looks at him.

He would be a good option to compete for time with Janik on the bottom pair if Dallas would ever move one of their defenseman to clear some space.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Please, no Shanahan

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Kaktus*

Someone should pick him up. Decent #6.

Stevens finally got him out of Philly. I could never understand it.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:41 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
The Flyers havent spoken to Shanahan in a week or even given him an offer. IMO I dont think that changes. Not that I wouldnt welcome him to the team I would, I just cant see it happening.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Ducksforcup

Would be pretty surprised if he went unclaimed.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:42 PM
voxel

Spare part D-man. Who has injuries on their D? I'm guessing he passes through without a burp.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:58 PM
decadentia

Let's waive a guy who will try and block shots every chance he gets, and is arguably better than our last 6th spot defenseman anyhow...

Not a good move in my opinion.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:04 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Someone should pick him up. Decent #6.

Stevens finally got him out of Philly. I could never understand it.
Upshall is next. Stevens is weeding out the guys he doesn’t like. Sadly this means jones will be a flyers for life . Guess they couldn’t even get 6th rd pick. A little shocking. He only makes what 800k? so not much savings there at all. Weird move as far as the cap is concerned.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:06 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Upshall is next. Stevens is weeding out the guys he doesn’t like. Sadly this means jones will be a flyers for life . Guess they couldn’t even get 6th rd pick. A little shocking. He only makes what 800k? so not much savings there at all. Weird move as far as the cap is concerned.
If Kukkonen had of been more embraced, he might also be heads and tails above where he is now.

I'm sure it's hard to progress when you have Frank Grimes raining down the pain, day-in, day-out.

Old
11-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Death of a Martian

Something has to be said about a guy willing to go down and block any shot coming towards the net.

**** you John Stevens for not playing him.

Death of a Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
I'm with you. I never understood why he didn't get more playing time, especially over guys like Vandermeer and Modry (last season) when it was blatantly obvious that they sucked. When you get into Steven's dog house, you might as well pack your bags and go home because it's nearly impossible to get out. Take note Joffrey Lupul and Scott Hartnell.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:15 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death of a Martian View Post
Something has to be said about a guy willing to go down and block any shot coming towards the net.

**** you John Stevens for not playing him.

Along with the fact he's going down to take pucks in the gut, while he has a coach who continually says he lacks effort and dedication.

Old
11-13-2008, 02:17 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I wish Edmonton would claim Kukkonen instead of that joke Boulerice.

Kukkonen is actually pretty good and the Oilers need a shot-blocking, physical, defensive defenseman.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:19 PM
jmtznr0th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post

Kukkonen is actually pretty good and the Oilers need a shot-blocking, physical, defensive defenseman.
He's not really that physical but he would throw his face in front of a slap shot if he had to

jmtznr0th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:20 PM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post

Boulerice is a joke, but there's a spot open for him. Oilers have no need for a #7 PB filler. I would not play Kukkonen over Smid.

Kukkonen, Klee, etc. all the same to me. Pass.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:36 PM
not dominator

I always liked Kuks before he got traded to the Flyers, hopefully someone gives him a shot and he can rebound.

not dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Captain Awesome

I think (read: hope) Dallas picks this guy up. I kind of expected them to trade for him, but now that Zubov and Lehtinen are back who knows? Still, with our infinite suckage of late we're pretty close to getting waiver priority for the guy so there's a chance at snagging him. Especially since I have never seen one philly fan who has said anything about him deserving the treatment he gets. He seems like the ideal Dallas pickup in that he could end up being something interesting from nothing at all.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:54 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
I think (read: hope) Dallas picks this guy up. I kind of expected them to trade for him, but now that Zubov and Lehtinen are back who knows? Still, with our infinite suckage of late we're pretty close to getting waiver priority for the guy so there's a chance at snagging him. Especially since I have never seen one philly fan who has said anything about him deserving the treatment he gets. He seems like the ideal Dallas pickup in that he could end up being something interesting from nothing at all.
Dallas is tied currently for the 3rd worst winning percentage with Florida. I don't know how ties are broken, but Dallas has fewer wins so I assume they are 3rd behind the Islanders and Blues.

Also, Dallas would have to shed salary if they did claim him. Dallas is $887.10 below the daily cap limit, and Kukkonen's daily hit is $4,704.30. I'm hoping that Boucher is moved, not because I want him to go, but because he would clear about $2,000,000 in cap space at this point.

Dallas would then also be able to afford James Neal in the NHL.

Old
11-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

We have too many d-men, but I would love for Pittsburgh to claim Lasse Kukkonen...this guy is underrated, he would do anything for his team, these kind of guys are very valuable to have in the 6/7 spot...

While Sarge and Whit are out, if we could find a trade partner for Sydor (I'd still accept the proposed Sydor+Stiegerwald for Emrick deal in the Devs thread) and then claim Kukkonen I would be very happy...

I also tend to overrate Kukkonen and am apparently willing to make a shortsighted move to accomodate him into our lineup...please continue to disregard me...

Mike Farkas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 03:05 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Dallas is tied currently for the 3rd worst winning percentage with Florida. I don't know how ties are broken, but Dallas has fewer wins so I assume they are 3rd behind the Islanders and Blues.

Also, Dallas would have to shed salary if they did claim him. Dallas is $887.10 below the daily cap limit, and Kukkonen's daily hit is $4,704.30. I'm hoping that Boucher is moved, not because I want him to go, but because he would clear about $2,000,000 in cap space at this point.

Dallas would then also be able to afford James Neal in the NHL.
What would a guy like Boucher get in return. Colorado is desperately in need of a PP shooter. Does Boucher still have the bomb from the point. He is also a right handed shot, right? He would be a perfect fit for the Avs. Has he looked decent so far this season?

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 03:20 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
What would a guy like Boucher get in return. Colorado is desperately in need of a PP shooter. Does Boucher still have the bomb from the point. He is also a right handed shot, right? He would be a perfect fit for the Avs. Has he looked decent so far this season?
Full disclosure, his offensive game just doesn't seem to be the same. Now, he rarely gets an opportunity because of Richards, Zubov, Robidas, and Niskanen, but his shot seems inaccurate.

He'd be worth the risk if Dallas wasn't asking for much.

I’d hope Dallas would do it if they could 1) claim a defenseman that is a functional bottom pair guy, 2) they felt comfortable with Mark Fistric back in the lineup, or 3) received a bottom pair defensive defenseman making less than $850,000 in return.

Old
11-13-2008, 03:25 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Full disclosure, his offensive game just doesn't seem to be the same. Now, he rarely gets an opportunity because of Richards, Zubov, Robidas, and Niskanen, but his shot seems inaccurate.

He'd be worth the risk if Dallas wasn't asking for much.

I’d hope Dallas would do it if they could 1) claim a defenseman that is a functional bottom pair guy, 2) they felt comfortable with Mark Fistric back in the lineup, or 3) received a bottom pair defensive defenseman making less than $850,000 in return.
We have this "project" player. Tyler Arnason, i know you haven't really heard about him but he has all the skills in the world. He just needs a coach to push him to that next level. I think Dallas would be a great place for him to do that. What do you think?

Colorado doesn't really have any defenseman that would interest Dallas.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 03:31 PM
________

Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Kukkonen would be a nice fit for the Stars, but I'm not sure if they'll put in a claim since they like Janik.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote