HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lasse Kukkonen

Old
11-14-2008, 03:38 PM
cassius

vCash: 500
This is a prime example of the Flyer's management micromanaging their roster too much. If they waived Kukkonen to get Shanny on the roster, that has the making of epic fail written all over it.

As a Penguins fan though, I would happy rejoice to see such a move

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:44 PM
janecky

I'm very surprised that he cleared. There are several teams with worse D-men on their NHL roster. I'm especially surprised the Islanders didn't pick him up. Out of their six healthy D-men, four are more or less offensive D-men. When you have players like Thomas P÷ck and Brett Skinner playing regular minutes with Bruno Gervais playing 20+ minutes every game, you'd think you'd pick up a Kukkonen type in a heartbeat.

janecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:53 PM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtznr0th View Post
He's not really that physical but he would throw his face in front of a slap shot if he had to
Oilers need more guys willing to stop slapshots with their faces. That's one of our biggest needs, actually. It'd be like having Ulanov back...without the horrible give-aways, preferably.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:33 PM
JWells16

He's a guy I'd love to see on the Pens, but oddly enough we're kind of at a defenseman overload right now.

JWells16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 06:37 AM
HighOFFHockey

you guys are really over valuing him. Hes been beat out by an 18 year old rookie. Given Sbisa is gonna be damn good, Kukkonen is a vet. He is the last choice of the Flyers roster for a D man. Even Andrew Alberts beat him to a #7 spot. I like Kukk's, but he really just isn't that talented of a hockey player. A smart one, but doesn't have the talent to handle good minutes.

Quote:
This is a prime example of the Flyer's management micromanaging their roster too much. If they waived Kukkonen to get Shanny on the roster, that has the making of epic fail written all over it.

As a Penguins fan though, I would happy rejoice to see such a move
The Flyers could use Shanny right now. He is that missing intensity and leadership they're are lacking right now. Plus the team is banged up right now and could use an extra body to play on Mike Richards' Line with Lupul...Shanahan - Richards - Lupul (It just looks like such a good line.)

HighOFFHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:21 AM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey View Post
you guys are really over valuing him. Hes been beat out by an 18 year old rookie. Given Sbisa is gonna be damn good, Kukkonen is a vet. He is the last choice of the Flyers roster for a D man. Even Andrew Alberts beat him to a #7 spot. I like Kukk's, but he really just isn't that talented of a hockey player. A smart one, but doesn't have the talent to handle good minutes.

The Flyers could use Shanny right now. He is that missing intensity and leadership they're are lacking right now. Plus the team is banged up right now and could use an extra body to play on Mike Richards' Line with Lupul...Shanahan - Richards - Lupul (It just looks like such a good line.)
The only reason he is not on the Flyers roster is because John Stevens as a coach threw him under the bus. To say he doesn't have the talent to play 3rd pairing defense is simply uneducated. Has nothing to do with Alberts beating him, John Stevens simply won't play him.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:19 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
The only reason he is not on the Flyers roster is because John Stevens as a coach threw him under the bus. To say he doesn't have the talent to play 3rd pairing defense is simply uneducated. Has nothing to do with Alberts beating him, John Stevens simply won't play him.
Amen.

I hope Kukkonen somehow gets onto an NHL team which shows him the respect he deserves. I think a team like the bluejackets would love him. Or maybe the lightning?

mattihp is online now   Reply With Quote