HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2004 draftee updates

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2004, 04:32 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
2004 draftee ranking updates

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...woodlief_x.htm

1. Alexandre Ovechkin LW
2. Evgeni Malkin (injured) C
3. Alexander Radulov RW
4. Rostislav Olesz (injured) C
5. Cam Barker D
6. Lauri Tukonen (injured) C
7. Drew Stafford RW
8. Marek Schwarz G
9. Dave Bolland C
10. Enver Lisin RW

Old
03-01-2004, 04:53 PM
NYR469

Radulov jumped up WAY too far in their rankings based on just 1 tournament imo

Old
03-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Edge

saw that the other day, one thing i never liked about red-line was there tendency to put a ton if weight on a single tournament and move a guy up tremendously from that (Radulov).

Still the top 2 is set on pretty much everyone's list. Barker, Olesz seem to be battling for 3 and 4 and everything from 5 on is really a matter of opinion and who you talk to.

Some teams have Schremp in their top 5, many have him out of their ten. Ladd is 2 with CSB, i believe 12th with redline and anywhere from 3 - 15 with some people i've talked to.

Old
03-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
saw that the other day, one thing i never liked about red-line was there tendency to put a ton if weight on a single tournament and move a guy up tremendously from that (Radulov).

Still the top 2 is set on pretty much everyone's list. Barker, Olesz seem to be battling for 3 and 4 and everything from 5 on is really a matter of opinion and who you talk to.

Some teams have Schremp in their top 5, many have him out of their ten. Ladd is 2 with CSB, i believe 12th with redline and anywhere from 3 - 15 with some people i've talked to.
Tournaments have always been factors in the draft come June. The CHL playoffs are one big tournament, it's helped alot of guys go higher in the draft with a good showing there. Malhotra was one that comes to mind.

Old
03-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Edge

As NYR said, Radulov was a bit too much.

Tournaments are obviously always a factor but they usually are combined with a bigger picture.

Take your example of Malhotra. He did indeed benefit from a strong playoff and a strong CHL prospects game, BUT he was always ranked in the top of the pack from the preseason. In fact everyone from THN to CSB to Redline and hockeysfuture had him in their top 10 and i believe most had him in the top 6 or 7.

Radulov on the other hand ONLY has that tournament under his belt and was considered in that ballpark before hand. Now tournaments will skew a players ranking a little but it's not gonna move a guy from say #20 to #5. it takes a bit more than that.

Having said that, Redline does have a history of raising and dropping a player unfairly based on a tournament.

Was Radulov impressive in that tournament? You bet, but it takes more than a tournament for me to rank a player that much higher and if i'm a scout it takes more than that to convince me to convince my time that he is our guy.

Closed Thread