HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Every Dog has it's Day

Old
11-14-2008, 02:07 AM
David

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Carbo, you mean the guy who's been a head coach for a whole two years ?
...and a player for some 25 years.

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:08 AM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Ah! I see, we were better that the Cup winners... good to know, thanks!

Have a good night.

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:10 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Worst post ever...

1. Bruins have no speed. If they play a speed-based game against another team, they end up getting beat up. The reason why we didn't win tonight is because we refused to pay the price and to keep on skating.

2. The Bruins don't have any more forward depth than us. They have incredibly inconsistent forwards, such as Ryder, Kessel, Sturm and Wheeler. These players are all bound to have some big slumps at some point in the season. Just look at their stats... Savard is miles ahead any other Bruins player.

We played a crappy game, but let's not overreact...

Last year, when the Pens were losing everything at the beginning of the season, did you expect them to compete for the cup?

When the Sens were dead last in the league in November in 2006-2007, did you really expect them to end up as cup finalists?

Teams have to go through adversity to be perennial contenders, and I'm happy it happens now rather than two months from now. The earliest the better, and the faster the adjustments will be made.

And WTF are you talking about when you're talking about "player personnel adjustment"? We are 9-3-0-2, we don't have to make any important movement. This team can win, and can play very good. They proved it as soon as last tuesday...
excellent post... teams go through ups and downs, i'm glad we're going through some issues now rather then later as well. didn't detroit go through a 10 game winless streak last season?

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:15 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Listen son. I probably have underwear older than you...and unfortunately, it's not fun being old...and it was Carbo who said that Toronot loss was his most embarrassing not me...but I have to agree with him on that...and then add this loss.

Roy's game was a power struggle between Trembely and Roy and the oppossing coach was the greatest coach of all time...Scotty.

All all those dark days under Houle, CH still fought and had pride even if they were made up of AHL rejects.

Tonight was different.

Tonight's game was against the B's, against a former coach, against Ryder and the total humilation of manhood by a punk in B's uniform and Big Georges does zilch, nada, nothing!

I'm going to bed son so have a good night.
No. Sorry. That claim that these are the two most embarrassing losses in CH history is invalid. It's not justifiable by "cuz Carbs said Toronto was one of them". How many ex-coaches or ex-players have we gone against? Is that what makes it embarassing? Losing to former members of the organization?

Weak justifications of a weak argument stemming from an invalid claim.

Have a good night gramps. Don't loose sleep over tonight...

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:18 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Have a good night.

that's it ? no "look son" or anything ?

Sad evening for a drama queen I guess!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:19 AM
Habs_Apostle

This idea that BGL should do this or do that is bogus. Our friggin team should damn well play hockey, plain and simple. I really don't give a flying frick who we beat up at the end of the night just as long as we win the damn game. I remember a time when Boston was all over our 'little' team, pounding them left, right and center. But I didn't care because we just kept out skating them and putting the puck in the net. This has nothing to do with BGL or how good of a fighter Komi is or should be; this has everything to do with us playing with passion and doing what we have always done against this team: winning! Just play the game of hockey already, forget about this goon crap.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:21 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
No. Sorry. That claim that these are the two most embarrassing losses in CH history is invalid. It's not justifiable by "cuz Carbs said Toronto was one of them". How many ex-coaches or ex-players have we gone against? Is that what makes it embarassing? Losing to former members of the organization?

Weak justifications of a weak argument stemming from an invalid claim.

Have a good night gramps. Don't loose sleep over tonight...
Hope not, considering how many former Habs there is in the NHl - as players, coaches or GM... (do we have to count Asst coaches and Asst GM too? )

I mean, every single loss would be the most embarassing lost ever!

Old
11-14-2008, 02:22 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Well, I need to get some sleep. In closing I would just like to say that the team is looking none too good. Effeminate coaching.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:24 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle View Post
This idea that BGL should do this or do that is bogus. Our friggin team should damn well play hockey, plain and simple. I really don't give a flying frick who we beat up at the end of the night just as long as we win the damn game. I remember a time when Boston was all over our 'little' team, pounding them left, right and center. But I didn't care because we just kept out skating them and putting the puck in the net. This has nothing to do with BGL or how good of a fighter Komi is or should be; this has everything to do with us playing with passion and doing what we have always done against this team: winning! Just play the game of hockey already, forget about this goon crap.
Agreed, but that's the way it goes with the drama queens...

if we lose to a physical team - we should goon it up, if we lose to a team with a better system - we should change our system or coach and if we lose to a D first team - we should play the trap...

Old
11-14-2008, 03:39 AM
OneSharpMarble

This is the same problem believe it or not that has been plaguing this team for many years. Lack of consistency. One night they dominate with no problem the next they can't get a goal against the basement dwellers. Watching this team win a pile of games without putting in effort was nothing new, it was only a matter of time before things evened out.

Once these guys show up for every game and play like they give a damn then they will have turned that corner. Until that happens though it will be very hit or miss and no game is going to be a sure thing. Reguardless of the depth and talent they dont have the grit or heart and thats a killer.

Anyways I think alot also depends on Kovalev because when that guy doesnt show up no one seem to show up other than Koivu.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:38 AM
wandk128

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 And Counting View Post
******** de criss.

****in' humiliating.

I hope Laraque kills that hunchback mofo on november 22nd.
Not cool man.

wandk128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 05:24 AM
Habsolutely

I would've taken another goal instead of the pounding Komi received...

Habsolutely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 05:52 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolutely View Post
I would've taken another goal instead of the pounding Komi received...
Yeah, our possible future captain against Bruins possible future captain... and he get beaten bad. I really hated to see that.

Sadly i think the next game vs Bruins will be a lost, Bruins are in our Habs players head.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 05:55 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Didn't Detroit go on a 7 game losing skid last year after the all-star break? All teams face adversity.

I don't see us losing against them next game... Hockey players don't forget, despite not showing much pride tonight... After that Lucic showboating performance, guys have taken names and will be out to hurt/dominate again on the 22nd. Book it.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 06:02 AM
RC51

Well it sure was Boston's night. Everything went their way.
Goals-fights-turnovers, everything. I am sure the Boston boards will be saying it was the best game Boston has ever played in the History to the world and by this time next week the Lucic fight will be hailed as the worst one sided fight since Gulf War 1, proving that Komisarek is an over rated girl and real men play for Boston not Montreal.
SO in the last 10 regular season games between to two teams the record now stands at Habs 10 Boston 0, to now , Habs 10 Boston 1.
In the Stanley Cups it's Habs 24 to Boston's 5.

Enjoy your win Bruin fans, but remember you have a long-long way to go just crawl back even with what the Habs have done to your great Bruins over the years.

RC51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Tuggy

It was a pretty ugly game but honestly the Habs had it comin' to them. So that's two blowouts in the last three games...it's time for Carbo to prove he's a good coach.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 06:14 AM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhab View Post
Can't Win them all.... Bruins fans do have a short memory
stop living in the past. you sound like a yankee fan bragging about all their championships, Last century..

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 06:32 AM
ReVeuF

The solution is hidden in the players themselves, the leaders have to step it up, i do not think Carbo can do anything, he can't give another speech that soon.

So the "C" and the "A"s have to arrange a team meeting between players only.

That game was too embarrassing !!!!

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 06:37 AM
Habsolutely

Well at least the next game against Boston will be exciting...as long as we show up this time.

Habsolutely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 06:42 AM
GaineysRightHandMan

The game made for an excellent workout. I closed my eyes and imagined Lucic's face at the high point of the bar. I got some larger than normal weight lifted successfully on the bench press because I had to get the bar up to smack him in the face. Good stuff, excellent workout. It's a great way to get out the anger too. I'm refreshed today and not caring about last nights loss and looking forward to some wins later this week. Go Habs Go. Looking forward to the rematch with Bruins.

GaineysRightHandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:44 AM
johnnyboo

Hit Montreal and you win...don't and you lose..it's as simple as that right now..unfortunatly for us most teams are starting to figure this out...

johnnyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Qui Gon Dave

When watching Lucic celebrate his fight, did anyone else think that maybe a career as a wrestler awaits him when he decides not to play hockey anymore? Very theatrical for a fight.

On the topic of Laraque fighting Lucic, maybe Lucic won't just step up and fight him, and I'd understand why. But if we want to stop him running around a bit, and seeing as BGL won't just drop them/him, every shift from now on he should get on his case. Throw hits when he can, chirp, nudge him around, after whistles he should always seek him out and get in his face, fashwashes, bump him around, just generally irritate him. Eventually they will fight and Lucic will know BGL is always waiting for him. That strategy worked between Lucic and Komisarek, no reason we can't make it work the other way too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Kyle Chipchura = Where is he when you need him ?!
I have to say I'm curious as to whether the quote above is just a long form version of the 'Where's Chipchura' joke or if you are genuinely interested in seeing if he could help the Habs out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
dont forget the soft invisable Kostitsyn brothers....
They didn't have a great game but Andrei had a good 1st period IMO, before tailing off as almost all the team rolled over. He was skating, hitting (I think it was Krecji he levelled on a backcheck in the 1st, as well as a couple of other good hits) and was shooting the puck more (he led the team in shots after the first and at the end of the game). Certainly not a great game from him, but there were softer, more invisible players than him last night.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandk128 View Post
Not cool man.
It's a disgustingly immature comment...but no worse than the ones from Bruin fans over the course of the past 2 years.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:50 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
stop living in the past. you sound like a yankee fan bragging about all their championships, Last century..
The Bruins won a game in NOVEMBER. I'd say you have a short memory as well.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
It's a disgustingly immature comment...but no worse than the ones from Bruin fans over the course of the past 2 years.
Which is exactly what we hated as far as Bruins fans are concerned. No need to do what we hated to see them doing....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote