HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Every Dog has it's Day

Old
11-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Blades 0f Steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
stop living in the past. you sound like a yankee fan bragging about all their championships, Last century..
Season series: 1-1

October is the past, but still...

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Skyblaze

I was frankly disgusted by yesterday's performance, moreso when it comes on the heels of their best game of the season against the Sens.

For all we like to say about the Bruins, they still remain a very good team. You can't expect to outscore them by just coasting around and lax defensive play will get you what we saw yesterday, a sound beating.

Skyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:11 AM
BadKiwi

Quick question. According to the rules, early in the third when baboon Chara lifted the net to prevent us from scoring, is that suppose to be a penalty shot or just a penalty? Thanks.

BadKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:19 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
WHat is that smell....could it be the Habs play? Man what a stinker last night and after such a great performance against the Sens. I hope the coaching staff finds a way to keep them awake and playing a consistant high end style of hockey.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:30 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Bad game in all facets of play. But it happens…In the end, I think Boston is playing over their heads and the Habs are playing way, way under their abilities. They just didn’t show up last night and I think the main problem is they got too confident early on. They play every game trying to rack up big points instead of playing patient and responsible. When we did muster offence, it was successful. Fernandez was juggling the puck every time it went to him. If Lang hits those empty nets and a few bounces go your way, this game is completely different.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Darz

Horrible, horrible game. The habs, almost to a mna, looked like they felt like they could win the game skating at 80%, while the Bruins seemed to be going at 110%.

Oh well, 9-3-2 is still pretty good, and no need to overreact yet. Sometimes losses like this can help a team. I thought the loss to the Leafs would of lasted longer, but.....

11-14-2008, 08:36 AM
BLONG7

This was bound to happen...first loss in 13 games to the B's. One concern, Julien seems to have spotted something on making the B's more prepared for the Habs, than Carbo has getting the Habs prepared for the B's.

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:46 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
This was bound to happen...first loss in 13 games to the B's. One concern, Julien seems to have spotted something on making the B's more prepared for the Habs, than Carbo has getting the Habs prepared for the B's.
From puck drop, the Habs were playing this one like they thought it'd be an easy win. You could see it in the way they were playing. It's like nobody cared, they thought they could try half the time and win easily, like they have the past 13 straight games vs Boston.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:48 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Absolutely hate the post comments of the team. It;s futility in their voices.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Blades 0f Steel

I have to say I'm surprised at the restraint on this board. I was expecting to see a few threads about Bertuzzi & Shanahan.

Old
11-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
Horrible, horrible game. The habs, almost to a mna, looked like they felt like they could win the game skating at 80%, while the Bruins seemed to be going at 110%.

Oh well, 9-3-2 is still pretty good, and no need to overreact yet. Sometimes losses like this can help a team. I thought the loss to the Leafs would of lasted longer, but.....
I thought 60 minutes was long enough. But I know what you mean...

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:51 AM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
From puck drop, the Habs were playing this one like they thought it'd be an easy win. You could see it in the way they were playing. It's like nobody cared, they thought they could try half the time and win easily, like they have the past 13 straight games vs Boston.
i don't know, after the first goal, i thought the Habs were looking at least pretty good, but the late 2 goals in the first seemed to completely change the complexion of this game and all momentum went Boston's way.
I also thought the PP ending the 2nd period we had was rather large, we score there, and it's a different game, alas, we lost, and i'm not losing any sleep over this team...i have faith they'll get there ***** together...

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:58 AM
FrankMTL

The problem from the B's is Milan Lucic. i know you can't say that one player is the cause of our problems against this team, but Lucic running around hitting everybody and nobody from our side doing something about it. It gives them confidence. Their players feed off of that. We will need for somebody (BGL) to get in a fight with him or somebody to really lay him out with a clean check (We could use Begin right about now)...Hopefully it would make him think twice about what he's doing because right now, honestly, he has free reign on what he wants to do.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Absolutely hate the post comments of the team. It;s futility in their voices.
As opposed to the comments filled with panic and nerd rage on these boards?
I agree that we played bad, worse than just bad, way worse. But some people's comments are just as pathetic as the player's.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
I agree that we played bad, worse than just bad, way worse. But some people's comments are just as pathetic as the player's.
LOL @ "nerd rage", that's the Sens board in 2 words, every day !

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Pascal

Quote:
you always seem to complain on what people post here, every week. why do you keep reading it?

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:23 AM
znk

Quote:
It wouldnt be the case if the team had played more then 2.5 good games this season.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
I got drunk last night and got sick, it made me forget this game for a few hours.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
The problem from the B's is Milan Lucic. i know you can't say that one player is the cause of our problems against this team, but Lucic running around hitting everybody and nobody from our side doing something about it. It gives them confidence. Their players feed off of that. We will need for somebody (BGL) to get in a fight with him or somebody to really lay him out with a clean check (We could use Begin right about now)...Hopefully it would make him think twice about what he's doing because right now, honestly, he has free reign on what he wants to do.
Bruins fan here. I'm not trying to troll, but why would Lucic ever want to fight BGL? Think about it:

He's the 1st line's LW. He plays on the 2nd PP unit. He scored a hat trick a few games ago. He had a pretty sweet goal last night. He's more valuable to the Bruins on the ice than in the box.

So, why would he want to get involved with your team's goon, especially when they don't have any history of hostility between the two of them? Lucic is tough, but he's not dumb. He's not going to engage BGL unless there's a legitimate reason to. There's no good reason for the Bruins to have one of their first liners in the box because a hardly-used fourth liner on the other team wants to fight him.

The Komisarek fight was different. It had been brewing for a while. And, once again, Lucic fought him when the time was right, when the game was out of reach.

As far as Lucic 'thinking twice' or any other nonsense if he got a hard, clean hit, I doubt that would happen. Lucic is a power forward. His entire game is based on physical play. I doubt getting knocked on his butt, or hit hard in the corners will make him wary of continuing to play his game. If anything, he'd take that player's number and try to return the favor later on.

Listen, I understand your frustration. Hell, we lost 12 straight to your team, so yeah, I know that it sucks. And I know that you were probably all screaming "Someone show me something! A hit, a fight, anything that shows that you care!" The problem lies not with BGL not fighting Lucic, but your team as a whole not manning up and playing hockey.

The tone of the Bruins play may be set by Lucic and Chara, but the entire team is willing to whatever it takes to win. Even players like Kessel and Savard attempt to use their bodies in the corners and play in a physical manner (with varying degrees of success). The team's leaders all work hard and try to do the little things that result in a win (diving to sweep pucks out of the zone, blocking shots, taking the body whenever they can, etc). Can Montreal say the same after last night?

Well, that's my $0.02. I look forward to the next meeting between these two teams. It should be an interesting game.

Nightslyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:52 AM
HotPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr View Post
Bruins fan here. I'm not trying to troll, but why would Lucic ever want to fight BGL? Think about it:

He's the 1st line's LW. He plays on the 2nd PP unit. He scored a hat trick a few games ago. He had a pretty sweet goal last night. He's more valuable to the Bruins on the ice than in the box.

So, why would he want to get involved with your team's goon, especially when they don't have any history of hostility between the two of them? Lucic is tough, but he's not dumb. He's not going to engage BGL unless there's a legitimate reason to. There's no good reason for the Bruins to have one of their first liners in the box because a hardly-used fourth liner on the other team wants to fight him.

The Komisarek fight was different. It had been brewing for a while. And, once again, Lucic fought him when the time was right, when the game was out of reach.

As far as Lucic 'thinking twice' or any other nonsense if he got a hard, clean hit, I doubt that would happen. Lucic is a power forward. His entire game is based on physical play. I doubt getting knocked on his butt, or hit hard in the corners will make him wary of continuing to play his game. If anything, he'd take that player's number and try to return the favor later on.

Listen, I understand your frustration. Hell, we lost 12 straight to your team, so yeah, I know that it sucks. And I know that you were probably all screaming "Someone show me something! A hit, a fight, anything that shows that you care!" The problem lies not with BGL not fighting Lucic, but your team as a whole not manning up and playing hockey.

The tone of the Bruins play may be set by Lucic and Chara, but the entire team is willing to whatever it takes to win. Even players like Kessel and Savard attempt to use their bodies in the corners and play in a physical manner (with varying degrees of success). The team's leaders all work hard and try to do the little things that result in a win (diving to sweep pucks out of the zone, blocking shots, taking the body whenever they can, etc). Can Montreal say the same after last night?

Well, that's my $0.02. I look forward to the next meeting between these two teams. It should be an interesting game.
Then why the hell were you Bruins fans *****ing moaning like little girls that Komisarek should fight Lucic?

You guys must be real happy right now. Personally, I don't think this is a good time for Bruins fans to be coming on this board, no matter how civil you're being.

Your argument is terrible and reeking of hypocrisy by the way.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:53 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Yeah, but we're not the ones who have to go on the ice and perform next game. I'd like some accountability.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Then why the hell were you Bruins fans *****ing moaning like little girls that Komisarek should fight Lucic?

You guys must be real happy right now. Personally, I don't think this is a good time for Bruins fans to be coming on this board, no matter how civil you're being.
That's my biggest question as far as Bruins fans are concerned. At the very least, NOW that they understand our point of view as far as last year was concerned, they should least admit they were wrong and see that there's no point for a 4th liner to engage in a fight with a top player.....NO MATTER FROM WHICH TEAM THEY ARE FROM. But I would really be surprised if some or even if one admit they were wrong last year....

As far as for them not to be welcome, I can really understand you're anger, I really do, but I personnally keep saying how unwelcome we are on their board and since there's a guy coming in here without saying the typical insults we kept hearing not so long ago, there should be a way to have some decent conversation with him without asking him to get the hell out. It was the way some Bruins fans treated some of us down there, we shouldn't be doing it here.

Now if a game like that happens in the playoffs......I would kill them all.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Newhabfan

There is no irony in what I'll say - 100% truth.

After the game, the dominant feeling I had was .... I felt sorry for the Bruins fans.

Why - because I felt miserable about my team and I suddenly realised that this is how they felt so many times last years....must have hurt.

So, no smiley here, let's think about this and realise that we are still blessed with our team.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr View Post

Blah blah blah he taunted the entire team when he got up from that fight, & by extension, he taunted Laraque. This was after avoiding him all night, as well as the last game.

Old school hockey says that makes you a marked man. How hard is this for people to understand? It's always been this way.

Let's say Lucic was injured, & every Bruin wanted a piece of Komisarek for challenging a few Bruins to fights. Komisarek chooses to go with someone he knew he could beat, then taunts their bench. What would you be saying right now?

Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 11-14-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old
11-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Montrealer

Lucic reminds me of Claude Lemieux. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote