HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Ehrhoff emerging star?

Old
11-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Pure Rock Fury*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
So far:

Boyle-93 power play minutes
Vlasic-73 power play minutes (expect that to do down)
Blake-70 power play minutes
Ehrhoff-51 power play minutes (Expect that to go up)
How could Vlasic's total PP minutes go down? Is there negative PP time now?

Pure Rock Fury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 11:20 PM
The Fuhr*

Another assist tonight, moving to second among D-men in points this early season.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Lostiburones12

Just a few points on Ehrhoff this year:

1. McLellan has him moving like RW never did. He rushes the puck up the ice with confidence I never knew he had.
2. They were talking about a custom made sticks he's using this year. Apparently they've helped him a lot because he's keeping his shots low, hard, and on target.

Lostiburones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEsus View Post
Just a few points on Ehrhoff this year:

1. McLellan has him moving like RW never did. He rushes the puck up the ice with confidence I never knew he had.
2. They were talking about a custom made sticks he's using this year. Apparently they've helped him a lot because he's keeping his shots low, hard, and on target.
Just a couple of comments in response to your points. Christian Ehrhoff has always had that confidence with the puck on the rushes. Ron Wilson drilled it into his head that if he was going to see improved playing time, he wasn't to do any of that and just chip it out along the boards or give it to a forward. I have no basis for my claim but I believe RW intentionally stunted any offense from the blue line because Doug Wilson wanted a very defensive brand of hockey.

Secondly, I don't believe it's his stick that is really the reason. It could be a partial factor, however, I believe it's his windup that is the biggest reason behind his accuracy. Up until this year, he had a full windup to his slapper. His stick would get raised to the rafters before he let go of a rocket of a shot. This year, he's only taking a little over a half a swing on his stick. This gets his shot off quicker, lets him control its trajectory more, and gives it more of a chance to be screened or deflected by his teammates rather than just taking one to the jaw and getting knocked out.

Ehrhoff's always had the raw tools to be a great defenseman in this league. He's just had to gain a higher form of discipline on the ice...and he still needs to do that. He needs to shut his trap when he gets a penalty and he needs to learn to control his attributes rather than just going all out on his speed and shot which are incredible but wild.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Very good player. Im pretty upset I didnt draft him in my fantasy league. Wrong year I guess.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote