HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How does Komi's "performance" tonight affect his street cred?

Old
11-15-2008, 12:07 AM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
1. It's pretty tough to say somebody is "ducking" someone else when there's only been challenges in two games. Last season Lucic had a broken nose when BGL asked him to go, so obviously he didn't fight him then - who would? And don't bring up Ruutu please, Jarkko grabbed Lucic and made him fight, had BGL done the same they would have gone. The 2nd "duck" I'm not sure even happened, according to beaker "they talked" then Lucic skated away. Not exactly a ringing admission there.

2. Lucic is too important a player right now to be fighting a useless 4th line goon like BGL. Laraque helps the Bruins more ON THE ICE than he does in the box, it's like a power play when he's 10 steps behind the play for an entire shift.
I waited for this? Sorry Mister but what a load of crap.

He either has the stones to accept the challenge or not. komisarek is much more valuable than Lucic and he fought him. Now Lucic is too important to fight BGL. Lucic, Mr he'll be there in a heart beat if BGL steps out of line.

Chicken salad

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 12:09 AM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
I waited for this? Sorry Mister but what a load of crap.

He either has the stones to accept the challenge or not. komisarek is much more valuable than Lucic and he fought him. Now Lucic is too important to fight BGL. Lucic, Mr he'll be there in a heart beat if BGL steps out of line.

Chicken salad
Sorry, I fail to see how a #2 defenseman is any more or less valuable than a 1st line left wing on pace for 30 goals.

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 12:09 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
well then why else has he not fought laraque... challenged 3 times in 2 games.... no fights with laraque... yet two other fights in those same 2 games.

The facts speak for themselves.
AND YET YOU GET UPSET WHEN THE OTHER GUY TWISTS YOUR WORDS? TOO FUNNY.

You completely ignore the fact that Lucic had a broken nose in the first game you refer to and Ruutu threw himself at Lucic (which turned out to be a pretty bad idea)...then you completely ignore the fact that Komisarek has been baiting Lucic for the last year.

This is pointless. Good night

By the way, the B's won the game and are in first place, which is what I think you guys usually say when we are talking about the Bruins beating up Habs players, right?

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 12:11 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Sorry, I fail to see how a #2 defenseman is any more or less valuable than a 1st line left wing on pace for 30 goals.

LOL Right. So if he is so valuable why was he challenging Komi through the playoffs last year. Didn't Boston need him to score all those goals? Or is this a talent that blossomed over night.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:13 AM
gvkmedia
Preaching B's hockey

The reason Lucic has declined BGL is very simple.

He will tangle with him - but he's gonna make him wait awhile. How long before Komi finally answered the bell? One year? (I give him crecit for doing that last night - he can play on Boston anytime - I respect Komi) Well, Milan will give George his due in a lot less time it took Komi to give his with Lucic. Is this not fair? Is this not the same thing we were gripping with you about for so long?

Can you honestly deny this? Seriously - this is complete role reversal here... now if we could only win 12 in a row against you guys...

gvkmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 12:15 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvkmedia View Post

He will tangle with him - but he's gonna make him wait awhile. How long before Komi finally answered the bell? One year? (I give him crecit for doing that last night - he can play on Boston anytime - I respect Komi) Well, Milan will give George his due in a lot less time it took Komi to give his with Lucic. Is this not fair? Is this not the same thing we were gripping with you about for so long?

Can you honestly deny this? Seriously - this is complete role reversal here... now if we could only win 12 in a row against you guys...
He's gonna make him wait a while. LOL

Yes he is certainly doing that

Old
11-15-2008, 12:16 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
The only legit answer is that he is scared....
This is hysterical. After they had talked over by the benches, the play went to the Montreal end and Lucic gave Laraque a shot or two to the shoulders which Laraque didn't respond to. The NESN feed showed the replay of it during the game last night.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
AND YET YOU GET UPSET WHEN THE OTHER GUY TWISTS YOUR WORDS? TOO FUNNY.

You completely ignore the fact that Lucic had a broken nose in the first game you refer to and Ruutu threw himself at Lucic (which turned out to be a pretty bad idea)...then you completely ignore the fact that Komisarek has been baiting Lucic for the last year.

This is pointless. Good night

By the way, the B's won the game and are in first place, which is what I think you guys usually say when we are talking about the Bruins beating up Habs players, right?
The nose is a fine excuse when it happens once... when things begin to become a pattern?? I don't buy it.

And Komi was baiting Lucic?? This is quite different from what i've been hearing for a year which is that Lucic wanted to fight but Komi was ducking him.... why the sudden change?

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 12:20 AM
GloryDaze4877

I had forgotten about this...the "classy" BGL says that there is no place in the NHL for Lucic's "antics", but there's room for this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r83d10JKJoU

Nice. Stay classy, BGL.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:21 AM
JrHockeyFan

Well I have waited around an extra 30 minutes expecting somebody to come up with something? Heck, anything that sounded plausible. Nothing but contradictory baloney

Congrats to Bruins fans on their win it was well deserved.

As for explaining why Lucic declined twice in one night, nothing deserving of recognition there

Good night. I've heard quite enough BS

Old
11-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:

KOMI IS NOT A FIGHTER, never has been... he's been in fights, but he's not a fighter.

Lucic is going around looking for a fight with Komi... challenging Komi to a fight.

Thats is the Key difference... if you are challenging one guy on a team to a fight, you should be willing to oblige anyone on that team to a fight.

Komi is not picking and choosing... he was not avoiding Lucic and trying to start a fight with some other Bruin.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
This is hysterical. After they had talked over by the benches, the play went to the Montreal end and Lucic gave Laraque a shot or two to the shoulders which Laraque didn't respond to. The NESN feed showed the replay of it during the game last night.
http://www.gazblogs.com/habsinsideou...ey/Laraque.MP3

According to Laraque, Lucic wussed out because he's too weak to handle him.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 12:22 AM
xgallantx
Smart enough to win

Lucic is afraid of Laraque, Lucic is a punk who only fights the little guy and then taunts them after he is finished with them. Lucic had no right to fught with komisaerk because he turned down Laraque. Lucic will get what is coming to him sooner or later as he is a no talent coward. Happy? That pretty much sums it up I guess. G'night

xgallantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
I had forgotten about this...the "classy" BGL says that there is no place in the NHL for Lucic's "antics", but there's room for this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r83d10JKJoU

Nice. Stay classy, BGL.
How is this relevant?? Which Flyer does Laraque refuse to fight??

Old
11-15-2008, 12:23 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
The nose is a fine excuse when it happens once... when things begin to become a pattern?? I don't buy it.

And Komi was baiting Lucic?? This is quite different from what i've been hearing for a year which is that Lucic wanted to fight but Komi was ducking him.... why the sudden change?
Not sure how this is a change? Komisarek went low on Lucic twice, shoved after the whistle and continually yapped like a little dog (this was what I meant by "baited", generic term) but then refused to drop them for over a year. No change there.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgallantx View Post
Lucic is afraid of Laraque, Lucic is a punk who only fights the little guy and then taunts them after he is finished with them. Lucic had no right to fught with komisaerk because he turned down Laraque. Lucic will get what is coming to him sooner or later as he is a no talent coward. Happy? That pretty much sums it up I guess. G'night
Yeah pretty much...

Finally a nice explanation for why Lucic wont fight Laraque; but is willing to go looking for a fight with someone else.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Krautso

Quote:

I was just going to post the same thing!

Krautso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 12:26 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
How is this relevant?? Which Flyer does Laraque refuse to fight??
It's relevant because it should put an end to all the BS about BGL calling out Lucic over his "junior hockey antics"...this was far more bush than anything Lucic did.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:27 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Not sure how this is a change? Komisarek went low on Lucic twice, shoved after the whistle and continually yapped like a little dog (this was what I meant by "baited", generic term) but then refused to drop them for over a year. No change there.
This is a hip check, it is clean in hockey...

This is going low on someone

Komisarek didn't stick out his knee... he didnt go low on Lucic....

As for the after the whistle stuff i think Lucic did his fair share of that too.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:30 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
KOMI IS NOT A FIGHTER, never has been... he's been in fights, but he's not a fighter.

Lucic is going around looking for a fight with Komi... challenging Komi to a fight.

Thats is the Key difference... if you are challenging one guy on a team to a fight, you should be willing to oblige anyone on that team to a fight.

Komi is not picking and choosing... he was not avoiding Lucic and trying to start a fight with some other Bruin.
LOL. Is this some new rule you just made up? Beaker's Theorem?

You are right, Komi was not trying to start a fight with some other Bruin...because he would not even go with a guy he has been yapping at, hitting low, and shoving for the last year...so why would he want to start with another Bruin?

Old
11-15-2008, 12:34 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I swear, if I saw this thread last week I'd think it's madness. Watching the same posters who wanted our #2 D to fight their 4th liner saying value schmalue, now saying that their '1st liner' is too valuable to fight our 4th liner.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 12:37 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
This is a hip check, it is clean in hockey...

This is going low on someone

Komisarek didn't stick out his knee... he didnt go low on Lucic....

As for the after the whistle stuff i think Lucic did his fair share of that too.
Great...a video of a bunch of clean hip checks. I must have missed the ones where Komisarek hit Lucic...oh, you mean it wasn't on there?

ps when you go low on someone, you don't stick out your leg, you typically use your hip to target the knee area.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
You are right, Komi was not trying to start a fight with some other Bruin...because he would not even go with a guy he has been yapping at, hitting low, and shoving for the last year...so why would he want to start with another Bruin?
And is that a Bruins rule? So a player cannot play physical 'cause if he does, he automatically needs to fight them? Yapping at and shoving needs to end up in fights? Wow, I guess everybody fights in the NHL then....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 12:43 AM
xgallantx
Smart enough to win

It is what it is, Komisarek finally got his beating from the very person who wanted to give it to him for over a year. If BGL is the policeman of the Habs he will do his job and make Lucic his chew toy next game whether Lucic wants to go or not. My bet is he does nothing!
Sure he may challenge him but if Lucic says no Laraque will do nothing other then fill in that spot at the end of the bench. If Komisarek as you said all year was too valuable for Lucic, Lucic is too valuable for BGL....Argue it all you like but you can't have it both ways. Please stop saying Komisarek isn't a fighter, I know he isn't and I don't care, he just deserved his beating is all.

xgallantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 12:46 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Great...a video of a bunch of clean hip checks. I must have missed the ones where Komisarek hit Lucic...oh, you mean it wasn't on there?

ps when you go low on someone, you don't stick out your leg, you typically use your hip to target the knee area.

I mean either Komisarek was clearly applying a hip check or he was mooning him. Please point out the "Sticking out his leg" part.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote