HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque Speaks

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2008, 12:48 PM
onice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stud View Post
You are a bit avoiding the point of my post. Nobody wants to fight Laraque and hammering people wouldn't work at all. Even in a blowout or not, nobody wants to fight Laraque, it's that simple. How could he have punished Sauer if he couldn't find him, the only thing he could have done is to injure him by a hit which is an automatic suspension.
You think if he would have starting picking on Savard or Bergeon, no one would challenge him. Come on.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:57 PM
MXD

With so much depth on the 4th line, Laraque could afford being suspended 1 game for the instigator...

Old
11-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
You think if he would have starting picking on Savard or Bergeon, no one would challenge him. Come on.
I think, I'm not sure but bare with me on that one.

I think he has to be on the ice at the same time as these guys to challenge them. Does that make any sense??

He won't be playing too many shifts vs them, and if he ever does have the chance to be on the ice with them he has to catch them.

The trick is also to go after them legally, because if he gets a penalty and they score, not only is nobody going to go see him but Carbo will use him less.

If he does something illegal, like just pound on somebody that doesn't want, he gets an automatic suspension because they view it as a clear attempt to injure for obvious reasons.

I do agree he should have tried doing something vs BOS, be annoying or something, but the things I hear from some people is just pure stupidity..(wasn't talking about your post..just a little PS)

Old
11-15-2008, 01:06 PM
HF-Addict

I don't think taking a 2 minutes penalty for instigating in a lost game 6-1 against the Bruins would have been catastrophic.

Laraque

He is good for shutting Chris Neil mouth though...

Old
11-15-2008, 01:13 PM
bb_fan

you guys are ridiculous for making a big deal out of Lucic waving his arms after the fight.

he was excited the hole game, fought with passion, beat the snot out of komisuckus, and was probably still going on an adreline rush when that happened.

throw in the fact that we havent beat you in the regular season for what like 100 years, and it was home, and yeah, he was certainly excited.

maybe if laraque still played with some passion he wouldnt sound like such an idiot with his comments, And maybe if Laraque could actually play the game still and was out there getting invovled in the play and using his size to drill some people then things might have been different in the fighting catergory, but face it, he has been a non factor when playing the bruins, barely seeing the ice.

and sending him out just to settle komisuckus's score and it didnt work is pointless to cry over.

no different than Laraque going after thornton for beating in begin's face in the preseason for cracking one of savards back bones, and Thornton answered the bell.

just like komi did the other night.

just sending laraque out for one or two shifts to pick a pointless fight, is well, pointless.

send him out regualry and have him hit people and be a part of the game, and then let what ever comes of it

Old
11-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
I don't think taking a 2 minutes penalty for instigating in a lost game 6-1 against the Bruins would have been catastrophic.

Laraque

He is good for shutting Chris Neil mouth though...
He'll get a 2min Penalty if the other guy decides to swing. If the guy doesn't swing back he'll get a 5min, and be suspended.

At 6-1, it's also kind of useless to start crap. The only reason I wished he would have done something is because of the way Lucic reacted after his fight.

Old
11-15-2008, 01:22 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
I completely disagree with his views that he's a middleweight & that he can only do something with Chara or Thornton.
He didn't say anything like that though. He said the guys he was watching were Chara & Thornton but they weren't doing anything, actually a good example of the effect he does have.

If Laraque wasn't in the line up, does anybody really believe Chara wouldn't have been all over that *****?

And he also said he tried to fight Lucic, he embaressed him, but Lucy didn't want to go, and at the end of the day he doesn't want to put the team down for 5.

Old
11-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
you guys are ridiculous for making a big deal out of Lucic waving his arms after the fight.

he was excited the hole game, fought with passion, beat the snot out of komisuckus, and was probably still going on an adreline rush when that happened.

throw in the fact that we havent beat you in the regular season for what like 100 years, and it was home, and yeah, he was certainly excited.

maybe if laraque still played with some passion he wouldnt sound like such an idiot with his comments, And maybe if Laraque could actually play the game still and was out there getting invovled in the play and using his size to drill some people then things might have been different in the fighting catergory, but face it, he has been a non factor when playing the bruins, barely seeing the ice.

and sending him out just to settle komisuckus's score and it didnt work is pointless to cry over.

no different than Laraque going after thornton for beating in begin's face in the preseason for cracking one of savards back bones, and Thornton answered the bell.

just sending laraque out for one or two shifts to pick a pointless fight, is well, pointless.

send him out regualry and have him hit people and be a part of the game, and then let what ever comes of it
Laraque plays regularly, but he's not the fastest skater out there, I think you noticed that.

Why people are making a fuss out of Lucic's gestures after the fight, is because he declined Laraque's invitation.
Komi's a big boy and can take care of himself, he lost fair and square. Don't know if his injury was from a punch he received or from a bad move he did but Lucic cheering like he won his first fight was ridiculous.
I don't think Komi would have waved to the crowd and do the motion of a baseball swing had he beaten Lucic.

You also talk about Thornton-Laraque fight they had. If you go back to see it, Thornton drops the glove right away and jumps on Laraque. It was Laraque's first shift, he didn't expect to fight so soon, he said it himself.

We'll face each other 4 more times, whether you're a Bruins fan or Habs fan, one thingfor sure is that it'll be interesting.

Last edited by Kriss E: 11-15-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old
11-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Laraque:"Lucic shouldn't have done this, it's so NOT classy!".

Old
11-15-2008, 02:47 PM
rocketlives

Quote:

Lucic knew Komisarek wasn't good at fisticuffs and he went for the easy fight. He's still a yellow belly for refusing to dance with Laraque. Sooner or later he'll have to face the music and he won't like those punishing haymakers thrown in his face from the left side. George is a south paw you know.

Last edited by rocketlives: 11-15-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old
11-15-2008, 02:58 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
Lucic knew Komisarek wasn't good at fisticuffs and he went for the easy fight. He's still a yellow belly for refusing to dance with Laraque. Sooner or later he'll have to face the music and he won't like those left haymakers coming at him. George is a south paw you know.
so far off base there.

Lucic and kom i have had a fued for a year now, and even in the last game komi was doing the shoving and yapping after the whistle. it has nothing to do with Larque.

So i guess you are freely addmitting that komi is a yellow belly for refusing to fight for so long?

didnt think so.

and now that thats been settled, i for one and am fully expecting to see lucic and laraque go next game, or thornton and laraque, or chara laraque.

or maybe the bruins should just sign a goon to go out there for two shifts a game and 'ask' laraque for a fight for no reason at all.....

Old
11-15-2008, 03:00 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Laraque plays regularly, but he's not the fastest skater out there, I think you noticed that.

Why people are making a fuss out of Lucic's gestures after the fight, is because he declined Laraque's invitation. Komi's a big boy and can take care of himself, he lost fair and square. Don't know if his injury was from a punch he received or from a bad move he did but Lucic cheering like he won his first fight was ridiculous.
I don't think Komi would have waved to the crowd and do the motion of a baseball swing had he beaten Lucic.

You also talk about Thornton-Laraque fight they had. If you go back to see it, Thornton drops the glove right away and jumps on Laraque. It was Laraque's first shift, he didn't expect to fight so soon, he said it himself.

We'll face each other 4 more times, whether you're a Bruins fan or Habs fan, one thingfor sure is that it'll be interesting.
i cant wait for the next game, and all the others to follow.

but the bolded part is my point.

lucic and laraque dont have an issue to settle, or a history, so why was going to fight him?

it was komis battle to fight, and he did.

end of story.

Old
11-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
i cant wait for the next game, and all the others to follow.

but the bolded part is my point.

lucic and laraque dont have an issue to settle, or a history, so why was going to fight him?

it was komis battle to fight, and he did.

end of story.
Laraque and Lucic don't need to have a feud to fight each other.

Lucic hit Kovalev, legally, he fell, his helmet as well. When you hit one of the opposing team's best player, you should expect a visit from the enforcer.
He got a visit, but denied the invitation.

Now, seeing as you all claim that Lucic is a big boy, if Laraque would have jumped on him, would he have dropped the gloves??..or would he have covered himself and just fall to the ice??..

Laraque publicly dissed Lucic, calling him a middleweight, saying he refused his invitation, saying his gestures are worthy of a Junior player not a NHLer, saying he's got no class.
Will Lucic respond??..or he doesn't want to get into that with Laraque?..

One thing we do agree on, is that we can't wait for next game.
I still think Lucic went after the easy fight, Komi can't fight for crap. He's just big, he won't refuse to fight, but I think even I have better boxing skills.

Old
11-15-2008, 03:18 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
Lucic knew Komisarek wasn't good at fisticuffs and he went for the easy fight. He's still a yellow belly for refusing to dance with Laraque. Sooner or later he'll have to face the music and he won't like those punishing haymakers thrown in his face from the left side. George is a south paw you know.
It seems to me that after being TKO by Erskine last year, Lucic stopped dropping them with the big boys. He went with Gleason, Ruutu and bradley afterward who none of them are even middle weights.
Lucic is at the top of the middleweights class, he will most of the time win against the Boll, Clarckson,Tarnasky, McCarthy, May, Prust and Carcillo.
Lucic cant keep going after middleweights and win most of is fights and refusing a offer to fight from a heavy. I love Lucic ut i hope he is not going to be sissy who picks is spot.

Old
11-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:

You are the ultimate poster-boy for the massive illiteracy problems in your country. I wrote better than you even before I started grade school.

Last edited by Schooner Guy: 11-15-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old
11-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Quote:
Laraque and Lucic don't need to have a feud to fight each other.

Lucic hit Kovalev, legally, he fell, his helmet as well. When you hit one of the opposing team's best player, you should expect a visit from the enforcer.
He got a visit, but denied the invitation.

Now, seeing as you all claim that Lucic is a big boy, if Laraque would have jumped on him, would he have dropped the gloves??..or would he have covered himself and just fall to the ice??..

Laraque publicly dissed Lucic, calling him a middleweight, saying he refused his invitation, saying his gestures are worthy of a Junior player not a NHLer, saying he's got no class.
Will Lucic respond??..or he doesn't want to get into that with Laraque?..

One thing we do agree on, is that we can't wait for next game.
I still think Lucic went after the easy fight, Komi can't fight for crap. He's just big, he won't refuse to fight, but I think even I have better boxing skills.
You still don't get it. Komi is bigger than Lucic. They've been feuding for the last 2 years, and it's a legit rivalary between the two of them. What is so hard to understand about this? Lucic has no beef with Laraque, he's not one to do the "invitation only" fights like Laraque loves to do. It was about time for the 2 of them to fight. Lucic was finishing what was started 2 years ago. Please people. Cut through the ********.

Lucic may or may not go with Laraque. Personally I don't think it'll be a one-sided afair either. We shall see. But people, for the love of god:

Lucic - 6'4 and 220 pounds
Komisarek - 6'4 and 242 pounds (numbers per TSN)

It's not like Lucic was going after someone smaller than him. He's fighting a bigger man, and he won. It doesn't matter if Lucic went after a "non-fighter", if Komisarek is gonna feud with Lucic like that, he's gotta know that a fight is coming. And it did.

Old
11-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Instead of burying your head in your palm I suggest you go watch clips of Ferguson. This guy went after Bobby Hull. He intimidated whole opposing teams. He didn't wait for a rsvp.
Yeah right, now we are in 2008

Old
11-15-2008, 03:53 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever View Post
You still don't get it. Komi is bigger than Lucic. They've been feuding for the last 2 years, and it's a legit rivalary between the two of them. What is so hard to understand about this? Lucic has no beef with Laraque, he's not one to do the "invitation only" fights like Laraque loves to do. It was about time for the 2 of them to fight. Lucic was finishing what was started 2 years ago. Please people. Cut through the ********.

Lucic may or may not go with Laraque. Personally I don't think it'll be a one-sided afair either. We shall see. But people, for the love of god:

It's not like Lucic was going after someone smaller than him. He's fighting a bigger man, and he won. It doesn't matter if Lucic went after a "non-fighter", if Komisarek is gonna feud with Lucic like that, he's gotta know that a fight is coming. And it did.

Do you remember Jay Caufield who played for Pittsburgh back in the 80's early 90'?
The guy was 6'4 240 one of the biggest heavy in those years.
He could'nt not fight at all, lossed all of his fights.Could not throw, could not standup on is skates. Same with Brian Curran, Gerry Fleming.
You can be big and strong but that does'nt mean you are a great fighter.
Look at Tie Domi. Domi is much smaller than Lucic but would probably teach Lucic a lesson or two.

I agree that Komiarek had to go with Lucic at some point jut like Lucic will have to go with Laraque at some point.

Old
11-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
Do you remember Jay Caufield who played for Pittsburgh back in the 80's early 90'?
The guy was 6'4 240 one of the biggest heavy in those years.
He could'nt not fight at all, lossed all of his fights.Could not throw, could not standup on is skates. Same with Brian Curran, Gerry Fleming.
You can be big and strong but that does'nt mean you are a great fighter.
Look at Tie Domi. Domi is much smaller than Lucic but would probably teach Lucic a lesson or two.

I agree that Komiarek had to go with Lucic at some point jut like Lucic will have to go with Laraque at some point.

I agree, but last game was not that time. You have to figure things out with Komi before you can go with Laraque. That's why I have the problem with Laraque. It almost seems as if he has no idea about the history between Komisarek and Lucic, and I'm glad it finally came to a head the other night.

Old
11-15-2008, 04:03 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
there is a reason he cant do that. He is smart and he knows not to do that cause then EVErYONE on Montreal is free game.. (Koivu, Kovalev etc..) and when all the canadiens have is one guy to handle the fisticuffs they would be in trouble when he is in the box...

Old
11-15-2008, 04:04 PM
DamianHabs

Quote:

Nice 3rd grade intellect with "komisuckus". Does your mother know you're signed onto the internet?

Old
11-15-2008, 04:09 PM
DamianHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever View Post

I guess this is what happens to Lucic when he actually fights a fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxeHEO4KSb4

Old
11-15-2008, 04:13 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Comparing Lucic to Komisarek...

Let's trust their respective coach:
  • Komisarek passes 19:57 minutes on the ice in fourth position 4 seconds after Kovalev;
  • Lucic passes 15:18 minutes on the ice in thwelveth position (behind Savard, Bergeron, Kessel, Krejci, Sturm, Ryder and Axelsson). Well, he has the highest minutes of your third line ahead of Hindy.
/comparaison

Give a few years to Lucic before you can put him in the same league as Komisarek.

For now he acts like a fighter and he will have to live by his reputation.

For the Habs, the only important thing is the victory but because of what he did, Lucic will have to face BGL.
Is Lucic another Avery?

he doesnt have to fight him. he could just laugh at him again... he probably will at some point though and I wouldnt be surprised at all if he held his own. Laraque has a win, draw, and a Loss in only 3 fights this year. I really dont think he is the champ anymore anyways and will lose his fair share this year.

Old
11-15-2008, 04:15 PM
onice

Quote:
I think, I'm not sure but bare with me on that one.
Kriss if you want to get naked that's okay but don't ask me to do it with you. LOL. That's what bare means. I think you meant to type bear.

I just gave one example of what Laraque could've done. there othr things but your point is well taken

Old
11-15-2008, 04:21 PM
CanadienErrant*

Laraque speaks, speaks, speaks... That's the only thing he is doing !

Closed Thread