HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), BCHL, CJAHL, and its leagues.

Zack Sill, Truro Bearcats, UMaine 2006-07

Old
06-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Alpine

vCash: 500
Zack Sill, Truro Bearcats, UMaine 2006-07

Centre shoots right, just under 6'. Saw him a couple of times, but I'm not a good one to rate individual talent. Is this a good move for him, will he be a regular with the Black Bears?

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2006, 09:17 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Watched him play 2 years in Midget and 1 in JR A. Hes a good player, gritty kid, works hard.

He was drafted by Moncton but didnt report.

LaLaLaprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2006, 06:15 AM
backcheck

He will not be a factor in his time in Maine.

backcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 09:00 AM
NCAA Hockey Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by backcheck View Post
He will not be a factor in his time in Maine.
Well he looked pretty good in his first game Saturday night. He had a goal a couple shots on net and was +1 and didn't look out of place on the ice at all.

NCAA Hockey Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAA Hockey Fan View Post
Well he looked pretty good in his first game Saturday night. He had a goal a couple shots on net and was +1 and didn't look out of place on the ice at all.
Wow that was a bump on a thread 4 months later.
Please keep those of us informed on Zach's progress, who aren't lucky enough to see him live, anymore.

Old
10-18-2006, 11:41 AM
NCAA Hockey Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Wow that was a bump on a thread 4 months later.
Please keep those of us informed on Zach's progress, who aren't lucky enough to see him live, anymore.
Yeah this thread is a little dated I'll keep you updated on his progress although I expect he'll be in and out of the lineup. Maine is a veteran team this year and it looks like the only Freshman who will be in the lineup every night will be Ted Purcell with a few others like Sill rotating in and out.

Do you know anything about a kid named Andrew Sweetland who plays for Amherst in the MJAHL? He just commited to Maine for next year and looks to have good numbers 21 points in 10 games,but he is an older kid so the numbers could be misleading.

Old
10-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Alpine

Sweetland 6' 2" 198 lb, left winger and '86 born from St. John's Nfld. Other than that? But I'll see him a few times as Amherst is only 30 minutes from here and games at the "Jungle" in Amherst are special. We never know who fights more the players or the fans

Old
10-18-2006, 12:03 PM
NCAA Hockey Fan

Quote:
Sweetland 6' 2" 198 lb, left winger and '86 born from St. John's Nfld. Other than that? But I'll see him a few times as Amherst is only 30 minutes from here and games at the "Jungle" in Amherst are special. We never know who fights more the players or the fans
Any rink nicknamed the "Jungle" must be an interesting place to visit.

Old
11-21-2006, 10:17 AM
jed

Quote:
Yeah this thread is a little dated I'll keep you updated on his progress although I expect he'll be in and out of the lineup. Maine is a veteran team this year and it looks like the only Freshman who will be in the lineup every night will be Ted Purcell with a few others like Sill rotating in and out.

Do you know anything about a kid named Andrew Sweetland who plays for Amherst in the MJAHL? He just commited to Maine for next year and looks to have good numbers 21 points in 10 games,but he is an older kid so the numbers could be misleading.
Andrew Sweetland is the best player the MJAHL has seen in a long time. Had a seven point night on Saturday (4 goals, 3 assists) and while I wasn't there, I heard from many that he undressed everyone a couple of times. Apparently he was playing D on the powerplay when the other team got a 2 on 1 against him...he picked off a pass and went end to end to score.

He looks primed for a very bright future. I think he now has 46 points in 18 games, with the next closest player in scoring has 43 points in 29 games.

jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 11:09 AM
voiceofytown

Quote:

You will love Andrew Sweetland. He is ther stud of the MJAHL, and a class act on and off the ice I here

voiceofytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofytown View Post
You will love Andrew Sweetland. He is ther stud of the MJAHL, and a class act on and off the ice I here
Shhhhhhh, don't say that to Jordan Knox fans.

Old
11-22-2006, 09:40 AM
voiceofytown

Quote:
Shhhhhhh, don't say that to Jordan Knox fans.
knox is good but he is no sweetland

voiceofytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 05:34 PM
NCAA Hockey Fan

Quote:
Sill is no longer at Maine he was suspended indefinitely and then he decided to leave the school. www.bangordailynews.com/news/t/news.aspx?articleid=145091&zoneid=586

Old
01-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Alpine

Yeah, Zach has signed on with the East Hants Penguins of the NS JR "B" League and has signed an affiliate card with the Truro Bearcats of the Maritime JR "A" League. He's already played with the Bearcats.
Not to spread rumours..but I will...
His dismisal from Maine is said to have something to do with what you can do legally in the Maritimes at age 19 but not in Maine untill 21.
Not the first Atlantic kid to fall prey to that!

Old
01-26-2007, 11:59 AM
NCAA Hockey Fan

Quote:
Not to spread rumours..but I will...
His dismisal from Maine is said to have something to do with what you can do legally in the Maritimes at age 19 but not in Maine untill 21.
Not the first Atlantic kid to fall prey to that!
It was more than just drinking. Sill and Czuba both left after they were suspended for the incident and Czuba is 21 so he would have been legal and wouldn't have been kicked out for drinking.

Old
04-11-2007, 09:48 AM
jharrison1991

yeah, andrew sweetland is the best player to come to the mjahl in a long time. he ended up with league mvp, most points, and first team all star. he has incredible vision on the ice. he almost always ends up with the puck. he is big, strong, hard shot. he plays the point on the power play. he reminds me of the sidney crosby of the mjahl! and to top it all, he is lucky! he won the 50-50 last night at the local junior B game, during the don johnson cup! so, he should shine next year!

jharrison1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Alpine

Zach Sill was named MJAHL playoff MVP. His Truro Bearcats won the MJAHL championship. He tried NCAA maybe now he'll report to the Wildcats. He looks to me like a Christian Gaudet type player. Leadership skills to be aquired

Old
04-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Hottuna

For all of the Maine Blackbear fans quite sure you will enjoy watching Sweetland play there next year. He's one hell of a hockey player has great hands and a real good hockey sense. Pretty good student too from what I'm told. If it weren't such a long drive I would alomst consider a road trip to watch him

Hottuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 06:46 PM
NCAA Hockey Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottuna View Post
For all of the Maine Blackbear fans quite sure you will enjoy watching Sweetland play there next year. He's one hell of a hockey player has great hands and a real good hockey sense. Pretty good student too from what I'm told. If it weren't such a long drive I would alomst consider a road trip to watch him
It's only a 5 hour trip

Old
07-24-2007, 03:05 PM
rangerskid16*

Quote:
It's only a 5 hour trip
Man its worth it nothings like a game at the alfond... whats up with this thread hes done with the blackbears anyway, must be old

rangerskid16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:37 PM
hockeyfan30

Andrew Sweetland

I know Andrew Sweetland He played for the Amherst Junior Ramblers last season and broke our club record. He was one of the finest player to ever play in the jungle!!!

hockeyfan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:41 PM
hockeyfan30

Quote:
Any rink nicknamed the "Jungle" must be an interesting place to visit.
I live in the Jungle Called Amherst and we have the best fans in all the mjahl. We do love our hockey and our players. Sometime we get alittle crazy and wild. But that is what the players expect playing in the jungle and they wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Old
12-17-2008, 08:44 PM
hockeyfan30

Andrew Sweetland

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofytown View Post
He also gets a chance to play for florida maybe. He was one of the best players to come out of Amherst and the MJAHL. We loved him and wish him the best of luck in the future. He broke the rams record too!!!