HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Slumping Sens take on The Irrepressible Islanders - 7PM, Sat Nov 15th, 2008

Old
11-16-2008, 01:27 PM
wjhl2009fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycountry View Post
To be honest, while I really appreciate Winchester's hard work, I don't think he's anything special and I still have no idea how he's a top six fixture on this team. If he disappeared tomorrow, it would take me a week to notice he was gone. On the other hand, maybe I'm still annoyed at the way he was just handed a spot on the team. *shrugs*
To be fair he had a 3 game try out and they liked what they did see of him.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Well, here are my observations from the game. First off, Islander fans are really cool, basically after the game we would discuss who sucks more, us or them, it was kind of depressing. They did ole ole ole chants at the game though, I hear that crap enough I really didnt want to hear it at an isles game. Also, there were a LOT of other Sens fans there, I was really surprised.

Onto the game, it reminded me of any other game I watched on TV this year. We played classic Sens hockey, we gave a 15 minute effort and came up short. We started off strong and physical and fast, and its like after every minute ticked by, we got slower, and worse. Auld made a couple of beauty saves and played well overall, I did notice he gave up some big juicy rebounds more than he usually does.

OUR WEAK CLEARS FROM THE ZONE ARE PATHETIC. One instance in paticular Kelly on the PK has the puck on his backhand, NO ONE around, plenty of time to clear, he does this weak broke ass clear RIGHT to the Isle at the blue line and they end up scoring. There were many other weak clears that was just flat out annoying.

We did our famous play hard for the last 5 minutes and come up short routine, and in the final minute instead of Spezza dumping the puck, hes throw the puck right in the middle of the Isles zone straight to their players, once again, SO ANNOYING to watch I wanted to rip my hair out.

One final thing, it seems like the Isles got all their rushes on the transition game, we'd cycle the puck, never get a shot off, Isles eventually steal it and it would be a 3 on 2 and theyd get a good chance. Oh and we even gave up a FREE CHILI for everyone at the game, I kept saying if we were going to lose, we better stop them from getting chili, we couldnt even do that.

Im going to the game Monday vs the Rangers too, should be very interesting.
They say DOUG WEIGHT not OLE. And Islanders fans think about chili all the time it's an obsesion. I am going to try and score tickets to the MSG game too, but I bet the Sens come out hard in that one and they won't underestimate the Rangers.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:55 PM
BigEyedPhish

I wasn't able to watch can anyone give me a summary of Zubov?

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Bileur

I wasnt able to watch the game yesterday as I had family visiting from out of town, can someone give me a descroption of Zubov's play? How did he look? How did he fit in with Fisher and Alfie? Did he look hesitant to use his shot and dangles?

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Senators Growing
Next year again...

vCash: 400
Heard during the post-game show that Martin Gerber is starting vs. the Rangers tomorrow...trying to find confirmation.

Senators Growing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:34 PM
heatley_fan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
Heard during the post-game show that Martin Gerber is starting vs. the Rangers tomorrow...trying to find confirmation.

Wow Hartsburg trying to get fired?

heatley_fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:45 PM
freakin

Awesome, with that vote of confidence Gerber will finally lead us to valhalla. Parade on!

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Indrew

The paper says it's most likely going to be Auld, but nothing is confirmed.

Indrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
This post isn't meant as any offense to the Senators but I think they're due for a high draft pick. What I mean is, teams like the Senators, Avalanche, and Stars have been so good for so long that they haven't really been able to acquire top young talent through the draft. Wouldn't it be refreshing for the fans to just go through a really bad year but have a shot at one of the top 5 picks in an awesome draft; it's kind of a new aspect to be excited about. It's worrysome when the best line since the lockout isn't producing and their team's prospect pool is pretty bare.
I agree with you but seriously our prospect is getting good.

Goaltending :

Elliott has a decent chance to become a N.1

Defense :

Karlsson can become a top pair offensive D-man
Wiercioch has an interesting package and could become a top-4 offensive D-man
Lee can become an all-around top-4 D-man
M.Karlsson has also an interesting package and can become an NHL player
Kudelka is also a long-term project who could become a 3rd pair D-man

Offense :

Zubov is the best prospect there IMO, real shot at a top-6 forward spot.
But others like Foligno, Winchester, Zack Smith, Regin, O'Brien, Caporusso, Daugavins, Condra, Petersson, Grant actually show good potential and have a shot at a top-9 forward spot later...

But YES, we could use a blue-chip prospect for sure, drafting late is not easy for getting that... We have 2 first round picks this year, so this upcomming draft is really important for us...

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Silvercup Returns
classless chick :(

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Silvercup Returns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
I wasnt able to watch the game yesterday as I had family visiting from out of town, can someone give me a descroption of Zubov's play? How did he look? How did he fit in with Fisher and Alfie? Did he look hesitant to use his shot and dangles?
I was out of town for both games, Bass Lee gave me a great synopsis of the first one, but I'd be interested in getting this stuff on Zubov as well, if anyone has time. Thanks.

Twitter: @livelikeagypsy
Silvercup Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Marble

Don't really know where to put this (or if anyone cares) but I'm still following Daniel Alfredsson's career numbers since it's pretty exciting to finally have a guy somewhere on these lists.

His 863 career points have him 3 behind Ivan Boldirev (and 4 behind Trevor Linden) and put him 103rd all-time.

His 529 career assists have him 2 behind Joe Thornton (and 8 behind Brian Bellows) and put him 98th all-time. He is ahead of Andrew Cassels and Steve Duchesne.

Just thought I'd post something positive.

Marble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 08:44 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
I agree with you but seriously our prospect is getting good.

Goaltending :

Elliott has a decent chance to become a N.1

Defense :

Karlsson can become a top pair offensive D-man
Wiercioch has an interesting package and could become a top-4 offensive D-man
Lee can become an all-around top-4 D-man
M.Karlsson has also an interesting package and can become an NHL player
Kudelka is also a long-term project who could become a 3rd pair D-man

Offense :

Zubov is the best prospect there IMO, real shot at a top-6 forward spot.
But others like Foligno, Winchester, Zack Smith, Regin, O'Brien, Caporusso, Daugavins, Condra, Petersson, Grant actually show good potential and have a shot at a top-9 forward spot later...

But YES, we could use a blue-chip prospect for sure, drafting late is not easy for getting that... We have 2 first round picks this year, so this upcomming draft is really important for us...
They have have about 4 prospects that could be good 3rd and 4th line players.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
They have have about 4 prospects that could be good 3rd and 4th line players.
How do you know? Do you even read McKeens or Hockey news or even Hockey's future???
According to Hockey's future criterias, there is more potential in that prospect pool, not to mention that a lot of prospects are doing really good this year (Zack Smith, M.Karlsson, Zubov, Wiercioch, Caporusso, O'Brien...)

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote