HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#16 -- Flyers at Canadiens -- November 15, 2008 -- 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Jaydepps

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Yea, but you can't blame the player for not watching his back. Can't blame Gagne for watching his pass because it is similar to what McAmmond did and Downie got in trouble for that hit, why shouldn't Kovalev. Elbows and elbow either way.

Jaydepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chaosof99*

Decent period for spending a quarter of it in the box. Let's see if we can turn up the heat in the 2nd.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
hah..."Knuble can really fly...when he gets going"
I snorted Guinness when I heard that one.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 06:52 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Yes, because he turned around and didn't keep his head up. I think some are blinded because it was an elbow, while missing the other half of it.
But..............................

it WAS an elbow.

I just don't understand your argument, in any way. It's really got me scratching my head.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
medicman

Ye gods, Ross looks like a baby!! Glad he's ok!

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Even if he'd been staring right at him he would have been flattened. He was curling up the boards and in an exposed position with a guy coming on his back...no way to defend himself.
Well it certainly didn't stop from our esteemed commentators from making sure everyone knew it was an elbow, while ignoring that Gagne turned around. I'll look for the replay again though.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 06:53 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Because Ross didn't act like he was dead.
So True !!!!!! Frustrating as hell though

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 06:53 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Gratton has some balls
He's a real deal. He fought even though he knew he wasn't worth Laraque in a fight... Which can't be said about some Bruins players...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Jester

Quote:
Well it certainly didn't stop from our esteemed commentators from making sure everyone knew it was an elbow, while ignoring that Gagne turned around. I'll look for the replay again though.
It was an elbow...what exactly are you arguing? Just because Gagne didn't turn his head, that doesn't excuse Kovalev putting an elbow into a guys head after the puck is away.

I agree with BerubeBox, your argument makes, quite literally, no sense.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 06:56 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
It was an elbow...what exactly are you arguing? Just because Gagne didn't turn his head, that doesn't excuse Kovalev putting an elbow into a guys head after the puck is away.

I agree with BerubeBox, your argument makes, quite literally, no sense.
I didn't excuse the elbow, I said Gagne turned on him in addition to the elbow. Kind of like the Hartnell/Alberts thing last year -- something both guys were at fault for. If Gagne didn't turn around, he likely would have been able to stand up to it.

Old
11-15-2008, 06:56 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
GKJ your hate for Gagne is just annoying at this point. If someone massacred Gagne's entire family, you'd probably be making excuses about how Gagne looked at the guy wrong or something (joking).

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 06:57 PM
BerubeBox*

I could at least understand the "he turned away" argument if he had the puck. Wait a minute, no I couldn't.

Maybe if it was a hit from behind. And he had the puck.

Old
11-15-2008, 06:59 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Not a 1/2 bad period... it's crazy how many times we get called when we play the habs.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
Rofl habs fans booing
Look man, I'm a Habs fan, and there's just no understanding of the boo birds at the Bell Center. Always been that way (even Maurice Richard got booed at one point), and it probably always will. They boo the other teams, the refs and the Habs themselves. With the prices and long waiting lists, probably more than half of the season tickets are sold to businesses which in turn give them to their employees and/or clients. They are not hockey fans, they're just there because it's the "it" thing to do in Montreal and you can brag about it the next day at work.

For instance, my mother sometimes get tickets that way. Since I've been with her the last few times, she promised my brother to take him next time. He never played hockey, doesn't really know the rules, doesn't follow the team or the rest of the NHL. When he'll go, what to do you think he's gonna do when he sees a borderline call or non-call not in favor of the Habs? He'll boo, just like the thousands of other sad clowns in the stands.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
I didn't excuse the elbow, I said Gagne turned on him in addition to the elbow. Kind of like the Hartnell/Alberts thing last year -- something both guys were at fault for. If Gagne didn't turn around, he likely would have been able to stand up to it.
WTF are you talking about? Gagne turned up the board after passing the puck. 1) You don't hit a guy that late, obvious interference. 2) You don't elbow a guy in the head. What did you want Gagne to do? He dumped a puck in deep and was going to rotate into the slot and there's no reason for him to expect to be hit in that situation.

The Alberts/Hartnell thing couldn't possibly have been any more different. Alberts spent 3 or 4 seconds on his knees and had the puck.

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:02 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
GKJ your hate for Gagne is just annoying at this point. If someone massacred Gagne's entire family, you'd probably be making excuses about how Gagne looked at the guy wrong or something (joking).
Everyone confuses my criticisms for hate (except for Hartnell).

News flash: because I don't wear the orange-colored glasses doesn't mean I hate Gagne, or Sbisa, or any of their friends, families, girlfriends or mailmen. You're acting if Gagne scores a goal, I sit here rolling my eyes with a quiet golf clap.

Old
11-15-2008, 07:03 PM
hotshot26

I don't see how anyone could hate Don Cherry. "29 Dum Dums" hahaha. He always tells it like it is. What he said about Schenn was spot on and the spotlight on taking out peoples legs going into the boards and not being able to hold guys up was great.

hotshot26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:03 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288 View Post
WTF are you talking about? Gagne turned up the board after passing the puck. 1) You don't hit a guy that late, obvious interference. 2) You don't elbow a guy in the head. What did you want Gagne to do? He dumped a puck in deep and was going to rotate into the slot and there's no reason for him to expect to be hit in that situation.
3) You don't watch your pass. Should we bring up the Stevens/Lindros hit?

Quote:
The Alberts/Hartnell thing couldn't possibly have been any more different. Alberts spent 3 or 4 seconds on his knees and had the puck.
It was different in the outrage and the situation, but not that both guys were at fault for it, which is the only comparison I made to it.

Old
11-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Jester

Quote:

News flash: because I don't wear the orange-colored glasses doesn't mean I hate Gagne, or Sbisa, or any of their friends, families, girlfriends or mailmen. You're acting if Gagne scores a goal, I sit here rolling my eyes with a quiet golf clap.
In this case what you're saying has nothing to do with wearing orange colored glasses; what you're saying just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Old
BerubeBox*

There are Flyer mods, regular Flyer fans, mods on opposing teams boards, and regular fans on opposing teams' boards. I wouldn't expect an argument this terrible even from the last group.

Old
Gags1288

Quote:

Personally I don't care how you feel about the players, but in this specific instance you're acting like an idiot. Gagne is in no way at fault for what happened, none at all. You can't expect players to always be prepared to be hit, that's not how hockey works. If you dump the puck in deep, turn away, take 2 strides, and then elbowed in the head then there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. It was flat out cheap shot and to try to place blame on Gagne makes you look like an idiot regardless of how you feel about him.

Old
11-15-2008, 07:05 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot26 View Post
I don't see how anyone could hate Don Cherry. "29 Dum Dums" hahaha. He always tells it like it is. What he said about Schenn was spot on and the spotlight on taking out peoples legs going into the boards and not being able to hold guys up was great.
What'd he say about Schenn?

Old
11-15-2008, 07:05 PM
bennysflyers16

PVR time, off to see Randy school Brock !!

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Jester

Quote:

You mean the one where he was carrying the puck...the case with most of Lindros' big hits against.

Gagne, btw, had his head around when he was hit...so he wasn't watching his pass. He backhanded and was circling...

Old
11-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Gags1288

Quote:

It was different in the outrage and the situation, but not that both guys were at fault for it, which is the only comparison I made to it.
He was watching the play. He made a pass, he turned, and he went to get himself back into the play and he got hit very late and high.

Lindros/Stevens hit? Lindros HAD THE PUCK.

Gagne was not at fault. ALBERTS HAD THE PUCK, GAGNE DID NOT HAVE THE PUCK. Stop, just stop.