HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT November 15, 2008 NY Rangers vs Boston Bruins 7PM, MSG

Old
11-17-2008, 01:57 AM
FromTheSide

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Komisarek is a UFA soon...
i hear beuk is looking to come out of retirement

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 08:35 AM
asparkoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by peantbuttapruchatime View Post
I havent had that much fun at the garden in quite a while..

was anyone else around the all bruins section (I was in 347) ... that was well lets say interesting
Yeah me and my friend were in 301...maybe 4 or 5 sections over from them. It was pretty crazy. Especially after the Rangers tied it. They all sat down very quietly and they got asolutely layed into by all the fans around them. People running by the section laughing at them. Then a Garden full of "Boston Sucks!" chants. What a great game to go to.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 10:51 AM
DieHardJoe

Speaking as a Boston fan who was traveling to his first Bruins away game - I was with 3 other guys in the 1st row of section 324. We really weren't heckled until there were 53 seconds left in the game. Up until then, the crowd was okay, though on one occasion a fan found the need to walk by and flip us off, but that was funny. We heard a lot more on the way out, including a random street vendor who said we sucked, but overall it was really no different than what we've heard Bruins fans give opposing fans at the Boston Garden. (In fact - the chant you may think you've heard from Canadian fans at Boston Garden is no longer "Ole-Ole....". It has been changed to "You're gay-You're gay..."). And, at both places, it's only a handful of mostly 20-somethings whose vocabulary is obviously very limited. But what we heard was definitely not unexpected.

As for the increase in B's fans at the game - There was a season ticket holders offer that included the ticket, a meal and the RT bus fare. We're season ticket holders, but we didn't go with that package just because we wanted a little more flexibility to see the city. And other than the final score, we had a great time.

One question though - Has the lighting always been that bad at MSG? We thought maybe it was lower during the pre-skate, but it looked the same during the game.

DieHardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Just wanted to make one comment in regards to a Boston player: Mark Stuart, that guy is solid, if u get the chance, rewatch his shifts in OT, he's to Boston's future like Staal is to ours.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardJoe View Post
Speaking as a Boston fan who was traveling to his first Bruins away game - I was with 3 other guys in the 1st row of section 324. We really weren't heckled until there were 53 seconds left in the game. Up until then, the crowd was okay, though on one occasion a fan found the need to walk by and flip us off, but that was funny. We heard a lot more on the way out, including a random street vendor who said we sucked, but overall it was really no different than what we've heard Bruins fans give opposing fans at the Boston Garden. (In fact - the chant you may think you've heard from Canadian fans at Boston Garden is no longer "Ole-Ole....". It has been changed to "You're gay-You're gay..."). And, at both places, it's only a handful of mostly 20-somethings whose vocabulary is obviously very limited. But what we heard was definitely not unexpected.

As for the increase in B's fans at the game - There was a season ticket holders offer that included the ticket, a meal and the RT bus fare. We're season ticket holders, but we didn't go with that package just because we wanted a little more flexibility to see the city. And other than the final score, we had a great time.

One question though - Has the lighting always been that bad at MSG? We thought maybe it was lower during the pre-skate, but it looked the same during the game.

It's always like that...its just like the Staples Center in LA...like to make the rink look bright and be the main focus i guess

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote