HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Jack Johnson

Old
12-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
kopitar is a sick sick player. the kings have cap floor problems not ceiling issues. if having too much young talent on your team becomes an issue i think theres 29 teams whod be more than happy to help you out...call the flyers first cmon hexxy do us a solid.
You have reading comprehension problems.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Johnson is worst a little bit but his value has probably gone down a bit since his trade. Not by much though and it is only because he is injured and hasn't had the opportunity to play and show what he can do. He played Doughty-like minutes last season and all the things that are being said of Doughty were said of Johnson. He is still a talented defender and labeled as a 1-2 elite franchise defenseman. The Kings have no interest in trading him, not to mention if they did that now would be the absolute worst time to trade him because as soon as he starts playing up to that caliber his value goes up infinitely. Sure it is possible he becomes a bust, but even the most lowly of scouts will admit that there is quite a bit of potential still laid out in front of Johnson. I wouldn't go giving up on Crosby's best friend just yet

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 01:12 PM
ean

There is plenty of room for him in the lineup considering Peter Harrold and Gauthier are in the top 6...

ean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Worth about one day on the quad tossin' the frisbee with my brahs, brah.

Wait what.

Sky Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
You have reading comprehension problems.
Consider the username..

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 05:31 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Consider the username..
so true

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 07:34 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
Consider Lija a salary dump (1.25M). And hes servicable 4/5/6 gy. Hes better now then when you had him. You could always pawn hiim for a 3rd at the deadline.
The last thing the Wings need to do when they're playing their worst defensive hockey in the last 15 years is to trade the lone Red Wing that has actually played a consistent defensive game well above the level expected.

Let alone for Jack Johnson, who wouldn't provide anything in the way of defense.

I would, however, consider Jack Johnson for Niklas Kronwall with something added from LA's side (high pick or good prospect). Detroit essentially gets a younger Nik Kronwall in an earlier development stage, something for the future, and cap space to make some much needed moves either at or before the deadline.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 11:01 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
The last thing the Wings need to do when they're playing their worst defensive hockey in the last 15 years is to trade the lone Red Wing that has actually played a consistent defensive game well above the level expected.

Let alone for Jack Johnson, who wouldn't provide anything in the way of defense.

I would, however, consider Jack Johnson for Niklas Kronwall with something added from LA's side (high pick or good prospect). Detroit essentially gets a younger Nik Kronwall in an earlier development stage, something for the future, and cap space to make some much needed moves either at or before the deadline.
Funny post right here

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:

Wha? Double J is the Kings best defensive defenseman.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:02 AM
no name

Quote:

I giggled.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 09:59 AM
JTG

Quote:

I hope all of your 4100 posts weren't of this quality.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 10:05 AM
solo16

Quote:

Sorry mate... I think Lija has played great but hes not a deal breaker. If we need to cut salary he is still one of the places i look. Ericsson taking his spot saves 350k. Might be worth it. Lebda taking his spot saves 600k.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Wha? Double J is the Kings best defensive defenseman.
It is alright. We got Quincey. Just smile and nod.

Old
12-17-2008, 12:14 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
It is alright. We got Quincey. Just smile and nod.
emo tear... Not that we knew it at the time... but Quincey is exactly the type of player we need to stick in Kronwall's spot while he remembers he is a defensemen not a forward.

Actually i suppose that isn't fair defensively Kronwall hasn't been that bad... Its his inability to move the puck without bobbling the puck or tripping that is killing me. Its getting to the point where Lilja is showing more offensive prowless then imo one of the best offensive defensemen from last year.

Correct me if im wrong but I kinda see JJ as a better version of Brad Stuart with more upside. Also more likely to use his offensive tools. Brad has been a great pickup for us. He is sorta filling the hole left by Jiri Fischer. A big strong 2nd pairing defensemen his extra offensive flair is just a bonus.

Im curious who would the kings rather have assuming equal salary Brad Stuart or Kyle Quincey. They seem to be playing a similar game (with Kyle getting more PP time).

Old
12-17-2008, 12:53 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
emo tear... Not that we knew it at the time... but Quincey is exactly the type of player we need to stick in Kronwall's spot while he remembers he is a defensemen not a forward.

Actually i suppose that isn't fair defensively Kronwall hasn't been that bad... Its his inability to move the puck without bobbling the puck or tripping that is killing me. Its getting to the point where Lilja is showing more offensive prowless then imo one of the best offensive defensemen from last year.

Correct me if im wrong but I kinda see JJ as a better version of Brad Stuart with more upside. Also more likely to use his offensive tools. Brad has been a great pickup for us. He is sorta filling the hole left by Jiri Fischer. A big strong 2nd pairing defensemen his extra offensive flair is just a bonus.

Im curious who would the kings rather have assuming equal salary Brad Stuart or Kyle Quincey. They seem to be playing a similar game (with Kyle getting more PP time).
Its kind of hard to say. Would be interesting to see how Stuart would play in this system. I think most of us are quite happy Quincey though. Definitely a nice suprise with his play.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:56 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Its kind of hard to say. Would be interesting to see how Stuart would play in this system. I think most of us are quite happy Quincey though. Definitely a nice suprise with his play.
Ya hes been great for you guys. Surprisingly Stuart has been our second best defensemen this year. Hes just so stable and steady. Kronwall and Rafalski are bit of loose cannons so far.

Old
12-17-2008, 05:36 PM
slugfest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Prove me wrong then..

http://www.behindthenet.ca/2007/basi...&team=L.A&pos=
In depth stats based on the whole season, Jack Johnson had one of the worse CORSI ratings in the whole league.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Jack Johnson is the most overrated player in the league.

Like you said, he shows very little offensive upside and doesn't have a good +/-. I don't think he's anywhere near a top pairing defenseman. Kings fans overrate their players more than anyone.

slugfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 05:45 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrescrazedfan4 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Jack Johnson is the most overrated player in the league.

Like you said, he shows very little offensive upside and doesn't have a good +/-. I don't think he's anywhere near a top pairing defenseman. Kings fans overrate their players more than anyone.
I'm sorry that Kings game are past your bedtime, but please don't talk about things you obviously know nothing about.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 05:57 PM
slugfest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
I'm sorry that Kings game are past your bedtime, but please don't talk about things you obviously know nothing about.
Pretty sure I'm up until at least 4 A.M. every single night and I see all the West Coast teams games. Jack Johnson is not that good. 11 points in 81 career games with a -27 plus/minus yeah he's spectacular. Kings fans are just bigtime homers.

slugfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

Quote:
Pretty sure I'm up until at least 4 A.M. every single night and I see all the West Coast teams games. Jack Johnson is not that good. 11 points in 81 career games with a -27 plus/minus yeah he's spectacular. Kings fans are just bigtime homers.
Because stats are the only way to judge a player, riiiiiiiight! Thanks for clearing everything up.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:16 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
or maybe you just didnt watch Jack Johnson play... yeah probably that
Not even to point out the innacuracy in your stats (+/-)

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Unfortunately, all Johnson provided last season was solid, yet inconsistent at times defensive play which you would expect from a #3 or #4 defenseman. We needed more than that. Is he overrated? Yes. Most overrated player in the league? Nope.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Unfortunately, all Johnson provided last season was solid, yet inconsistent at times defensive play which you would expect from a #3 or #4 defenseman. We needed more than that. Is he overrated? Yes. Most overrated player in the league? Nope.
He is overrated a little at the moment, but there is still a lot of hockey to play in his career. DL would point out how Pronger came off to a bad start and had to battle back the same way. It was his rookie season and everyone is throwing him in trade talk...

Old
12-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Good lord. "We needed more than that." What? To carry the team on his back? (which he did at times at least defensively)

Look, he was a 20 year old kid playing on the team with the worst D, goalie, and coach. I don't think that there are many 18 to 20 year olds, including Doughty who could have stepped in and helped that mess. Nevermind the fact that he essentially lost a year of development due to Crawford, and mentoring from Modry and Blake .

This Kings team is much more stable from top to bottom, and we were only just starting the season when he was injured, so there's hardly any sample size when it comes to playing on a less dysfunctional team.

I'm not saying the kid's perfect at all. He makes his mistakes, most young D-men do. But to say that he only performed as a number 3 or 4 is totally inaccurate. He was our number one guy for most of the season.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Yes, he was our number one guy. That said, he still played at the level of a three or four. Lubo and Blake played even worse than that.

I don't disagree with what you say about the goaltending and coaching. DL failed w/r/t acquiring a proper mentor for Jack as well. Yeah, we did need more than what he gave the team. One powerplay point would've been nice. It is not inaccurate to say he played like a three or four defenseman. Not at all.

I'm not saying he's bad. I'm not saying he's anything great either. We simply don't know. What I do know is that we have four defensemen on the team playing better than he has at any point in his career. Does that make him dispensable? Nope. Just saying is all...

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote