HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Alexei Kovalev with a late elbow on Simon Gagne

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2008, 07:23 PM
  #26
RyanWhite53
Registered User
 
RyanWhite53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to RyanWhite53
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentZ10 View Post
I've never understood how this a valid point? Because someone is a fan of a team who happens to have a player with a cheap history, their opinion isn't valid? That's just so ignorant and I've never been able to comprehend how it makes any sense.

That's just the thing. If my opinion isn't valid, either is his.

He's a fan of a rival team, with no invested interest in this game. Yet he needs to pipe in with his 5 word post calling other teams players cheap, when his own team is just as bad, or in this case worse.

RyanWhite53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:25 PM
  #27
ORYX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Very hard to take you seriously, being a fan of a team with Ryan "Mr. Cheapshot" Hollweg.

View must be nice from your Ivory tower.
You know you can be a fan of a team and not particular players right? I mean if everyone who cheers for a team that has a dirty player/hit every now and then all fans would then have that ivory tower view no?

BTW, if thats the case, your one to talk, if you ask me, the Canadiens are the goons to date this year.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:26 PM
  #28
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
Montreal is this years goon team? o.o
No, it's this years team with the crappiest Defense.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:28 PM
  #29
BrentZ10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
That's just the thing. If my opinion isn't valid, either is his.
No one said your point wasn't valid, so that has little to do with anything. It's just something I've noticed a lot of, disregarding what someone says just because of what team they cheer for. It's stupid and a really lame way to avoid anything resembling a discussion or argument.

BrentZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:30 PM
  #30
RyanWhite53
Registered User
 
RyanWhite53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to RyanWhite53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
You know you can be a fan of a team and not particular players right? I mean if everyone who cheers for a team that has a dirty player/hit every now and then all fans would then have that ivory tower view no?

BTW, if thats the case, your one to talk, if you ask me, the Canadiens are the goons to date this year.
I absolutely understand you can be a fan of a team and not a player. Doesn't really counterpoint my argument though...

Please. The Canadiens have the biggest media spotlight on them, and this year it's 100X worse. Everything gets magnified and skewed as it filters down the populous.

I am an objective fan. We have been no dirtier this year than others. We aren't perfect angels, I am in no way saying that.

RyanWhite53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:32 PM
  #31
RyanWhite53
Registered User
 
RyanWhite53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to RyanWhite53
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentZ10 View Post
No one said your point wasn't valid, so that has little to do with anything. It's just something I've noticed a lot of, disregarding what someone says just because of what team they cheer for. It's stupid and a really lame way to avoid anything resembling a discussion or argument.

umm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentZ10
I've never understood how this a valid point? Because someone is a fan of a team who happens to have a player with a cheap history, their opinion isn't valid? That's just so ignorant and I've never been able to comprehend how it makes any sense
you did.

RyanWhite53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:35 PM
  #32
decadentia
Registered User
 
decadentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I absolutely understand you can be a fan of a team and not a player. Doesn't really counterpoint my argument though...

Please. The Canadiens have the biggest media spotlight on them, and this year it's 100X worse. Everything gets magnified and skewed as it filters down the populous.

I am an objective fan. We have been no dirtier this year than others. We aren't perfect angels, I am in no way saying that.
Your argument is out of place. It has little to do with this conversation. Every single team has it's moments during the season in which one of their own commits something quite "cheap"...barring maybe Carolina like team.

If you want to defend Kovalev, by all means do so, don't call out another fan simply because of an association with a player however. For all you know, he is not even a fan of Hollweg, not many are. Deflecting and adding to a conversation are two completely different things.

Under your logic, the Flyers should simply have no place to complain of a cheapshot due to the large amount that they committed last year. It's a moot point, and only holds weight on Days of our HFBoards.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:36 PM
  #33
wilty00
Registered User
 
wilty00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kelowna/Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 1004
Conspiracy Conspiracy Conspiracy Conspiracy Conspiracy Conspiracy Conspiracy Conspiracy

wilty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:37 PM
  #34
BrentZ10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
umm...



you did.
My bad, what I meant was what you said regarding Kovalev being a cheap player as being invalid.

BrentZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:38 PM
  #35
ranold26
Get off my rink!
 
ranold26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,138
vCash: 500
Excuses will fill this thread.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:38 PM
  #36
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
Montreal is this years goon team? o.o


Montreal hasn't had real goons since the days of Nilan/Kordic.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:39 PM
  #37
bunjay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
No, it's this years team with the crappiest Defense.
i beg to differ.

4-1 vancouver in the second after getting only 9 shots.\

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:40 PM
  #38
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Cheap hit by Kovalev?!

I don't believe it!!!!
Tucker probably still has nightmares about Kovalev.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:41 PM
  #39
RyanWhite53
Registered User
 
RyanWhite53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to RyanWhite53
Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Your argument is out of place. It has little to do with this conversation. Every single team has it's moments during the season in which one of their own commits something quite "cheap"...barring maybe Carolina like team.

If you want to defend Kovalev, by all means do so, don't call out another fan simply because of an association with a player however. For all you know, he is not even a fan of Hollweg, not many are. Deflecting and adding to a conversation are two completely different things.

Under your logic, the Flyers should simply have no place to complain of a cheapshot due to the large amount that they committed last year. It's a moot point, and only holds weight on Days of our HFBoards.
fair enough. And I completely agree with you.

However, I will absolutely call out certain fans (posters), ones that have certain reputations. And that poster has one. Always one to jump on a dogpile as long as it's against a team he dislikes.

I don't really have respect for such people. And some are so bad, that when they finally spout out a serious conversational topic. I read it as sarcasm initially.

but enough of that. I don't want to label or pick on any individuals here.

RyanWhite53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:42 PM
  #40
one2gamble
Registered User
 
one2gamble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,868
vCash: 500
I just want him to score a god damned goal

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:46 PM
  #41
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,936
vCash: 50
So wait...... Kovalev....... hit a guy?

Sorry I am not believing this until I get a video

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:47 PM
  #42
decadentia
Registered User
 
decadentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
No, it's this years team with the crappiest Defense.
2 All star balloted defensemen, 1 goalie, and a 9-3-2 record. I have a hard time empathizing

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:24 PM
  #43
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 20,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
i beg to differ.

4-1 vancouver in the second after getting only 9 shots.\
4-0 actually..

They should have started Cujo.. Vesa has been brutal all year except a couple games.

Anyways, ya definitely the goon team this year. Especially Koistitsyn.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:27 PM
  #44
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,128
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
I just want him to score a god damned goal
Does your fantasy team count giveaways? Because Kovalev has been dominating that category this year.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:46 PM
  #45
SeNaToR PhIL
Registered User
 
SeNaToR PhIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
In Russia...I mean Canada, Kovalev does what he wants I'm afraid.

SeNaToR PhIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:50 PM
  #46
tylerbear*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Canada.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Very hard to take you seriously, being a fan of a team with Ryan "Mr. Cheapshot" Hollweg.

View must be nice from your Ivory tower.
did he trade for Holleweg? You want him to not be a fan of a team because of some guy that is dirty?

very hard to take YOU seriously.

tylerbear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:55 PM
  #47
Celestial Black
Registered User
 
Celestial Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,824
vCash: 500
No video yet?...

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:57 PM
  #48
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Can't believe it. That would mean Kovalev would have to exert some sort of effort.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:59 PM
  #49
ORYX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I absolutely understand you can be a fan of a team and not a player. Doesn't really counterpoint my argument though...

Please. The Canadiens have the biggest media spotlight on them, and this year it's 100X worse. Everything gets magnified and skewed as it filters down the populous.

I am an objective fan. We have been no dirtier this year than others. We aren't perfect angels, I am in no way saying that.
As long as we are clear on that, your comments are coming across differently initially until you explain yourself.

By canadiens having the most media, you mean just this year correct? My vote would easily be the Leafs on a regualr basis.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:09 PM
  #50
puzzle
Registered User
 
puzzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Quebec city
Country: Canada
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Didn't see the Kovalev elbow, the RDS announcers didn't even mention it (and it's not because they're homers). The Plekanec hit was a boarding penalty and it was called as such...
WTF, I watched it on RDS and they clearly talked about. They even said that Kovalev should be suspended even if he's a star when they talked to Gagne at the end.

puzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.