HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#17 -- Thrashers at Flyers -- November 16, 2008 -- 7:00 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-16-2008, 06:52 PM
  #176
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzanerazzurri View Post
Dude I just saw that hit. I did not see that last night, wow that was horrible. I was watching the damned RDS feed and didnt see that last night. I almost puked a min ago when Coatsey just showed that. Looks like Gagne is ok for now from that but wow.
I didn't see it live either because my cable company ****ed me over, but yeah, it's pretty ugly. It reminds me of Janssen hitting Kaberle last year or whenever that was. A completely unnecessary elbow to the head long after the puck is gone.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:52 PM
  #177
forzanerazzurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Everytime I see that Gagne hit it looks worse and worse. How can that piece of **** get away with that?
No kidding. I take back what I said now. Im pretty furious, and the fact it was Kovalev makes me even more irate.

forzanerazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:52 PM
  #178
ArchAngel55
Registered User
 
ArchAngel55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ArchAngel55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
18 shots on goal.

2 goals. Life is good. I hope Lupul and Hartnell would score some goals as well as Timonen.
It's nice to see Lupul playing more physical.

ArchAngel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:53 PM
  #179
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Tatum View Post
Theres a very simple solution to try and protect players from dirty hits. Rescind the instigator rule.
Even if they did...you think Glenn friggin' Metropolit is going to drop the gloves and strike fear into the opposition? Even if our players had the ability to instigate...most of 'em would get their ***** handed to them anyway.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:53 PM
  #180
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
So how is that not a 5 minute major and a 3 game suspension. I guess that only happens to the flyers eh?
What I dont get is that They Suspended Kostoplous and Ruutu just last week for Elbowing. Kovalev is just getting star treatment

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:53 PM
  #181
Richyrich
Registered User
 
Richyrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
I love simon gagne


Goal and an Assist and defensively sound. Is there anything he can't do? Seriously... that whole thing about AIDS being cured (possibly) that was Gagne's doing

Richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:53 PM
  #182
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Just the fact that Gagne's head remains stationary while the rest of his body from the neck down goes flying, is what really bothers me. And they're supposed to be "cracking down on head shots". What a farce.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:55 PM
  #183
forzanerazzurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I didn't see it live either because my cable company ****ed me over, but yeah, it's pretty ugly. It reminds me of Janssen hitting Kaberle last year or whenever that was. A completely unnecessary elbow to the head long after the puck is gone.
Ah I have Bell, and coudlnt find the CBC feed for the game last night to save my life. I swear it wasnt on in English at all and this isnt the first time this has happened. They seem to think because its on in French, that they dont have to show the CI feed. English is not the same as French IMO as far as blackouts go. The game should have been on CI. The French feed dosent count as local IMO.

forzanerazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:55 PM
  #184
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngel55 View Post
It's nice to see Lupul playing more physical.
Lupul is a physical skater for about 4 games now. Powerful stride.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:56 PM
  #185
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 15,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Even if they did...you think Glenn friggin' Metropolit is going to drop the gloves and strike fear into the opposition? Even if our players had the ability to instigate...most of 'em would get their ***** handed to them anyway.
Seeing that replay, Metro should have just dropped Plekanec with one punch after that hit on Ross. Pushing does nothing. I know Metro's not a tough guy, but that was a little lame.

__________________
I deride your truth handling abilities
CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:56 PM
  #186
forzanerazzurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
Just the fact that Gagne's head remains stationary while the rest of his body from the neck down goes flying, is what really bothers me. And they're supposed to be "cracking down on head shots". What a farce.
What I dont like is how his head bounced off the ice. The initial impact from the hit didnt seem like it would have given a concussion as much as a neck injury. The head bounce tho, yikes.

forzanerazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:57 PM
  #187
Casey Tatum
 
Casey Tatum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: philly
Country: United States
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Even if they did...you think Glenn friggin' Metropolit is going to drop the gloves and strike fear into the opposition? Even if our players had the ability to instigate...most of 'em would get their ***** handed to them anyway.
I think they're afraid to play flyers hockey anymore. Last season pretty much killed it. We need some more players who play with grit. Kinda like Downie. The Carle trade was pretty good for us so far but we need some more grinders.

Casey Tatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:58 PM
  #188
46zone
Guttersnipe
 
46zone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers84 View Post
They are the same unfunny, uninteresting entity.
He should the public a favor and walk into oncoming traffic

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:58 PM
  #189
Opus
Boondoggle
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,926
vCash: 875
Simon Gagne makes my naughty parts tingle...

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:58 PM
  #190
medicman
 
medicman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Myerstown PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,144
vCash: 500
Will Gagne's hit last night be reviewed by the NHL????

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:59 PM
  #191
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzanerazzurri View Post
Ah I have Bell, and coudlnt find the CBC feed for the game last night to save my life. I swear it wasnt on in English at all and this isnt the first time this has happened. They seem to think because its on in French, that they dont have to show the CI feed. English is not the same as French IMO as far as blackouts go. The game should have been on CI. The French feed dosent count as local IMO.
My cable company doesn't even give me RDS and it was blacked out in English for some reason. I watched the 2nd and 3rd on the net, but seriously, what am I paying $30 a month for centre ice for?

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:59 PM
  #192
Casey Tatum
 
Casey Tatum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: philly
Country: United States
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicman View Post
Will Gagne's hit last night be reviewed by the NHL????
If it is he'll get a game for it. Nothing more.

Casey Tatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 07:00 PM
  #193
Miss Mess
Registered User
 
Miss Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Everytime I see that Gagne hit it looks worse and worse. How can that piece of **** get away with that?
I know!! **** him and the NHL. So inconsistent!

And Kimmo is alright too. Phew!

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 07:00 PM
  #194
BerubeBox*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicman View Post
Will Gagne's hit last night be reviewed by the NHL????
No chance. It might embarrass the refs who called a game in Montreal

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 07:00 PM
  #195
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicman View Post
Will Gagne's hit last night be reviewed by the NHL????
star treatment+player hitting a Flyer= Gagne suspended

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 07:01 PM
  #196
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Seeing that replay, Metro should have just dropped Plekanec with one punch after that hit on Ross. Pushing does nothing. I know Metro's not a tough guy, but that was a little lame.
Yeah, at least some better efforts would be nice. Even if they know they're not going to win the fight, at least drop 'em and see what happens. Have some guts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Tatum View Post
I think they're afraid to play flyers hockey anymore. Last season pretty much killed it. We need some more players who play with grit. Kinda like Downie. The Carle trade was pretty good for us so far but we need some more grinders.
It's probably a combination of being timid and just being a soft team.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 07:01 PM
  #197
Miss Mess
Registered User
 
Miss Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
star treatment+player hitting a Flyer= Gagne suspended
sad but true

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 07:01 PM
  #198
46zone
Guttersnipe
 
46zone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,920
vCash: 500
These black jerseys couldn't be replaced fast enough

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 07:01 PM
  #199
Cleary84
Registered User
 
Cleary84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Tatum View Post
If it is he'll get a game for it. Nothing more.
Yup, because of his name and the sweater he wears. If it was some "scrub" like Downie it would be 20 games. I think they should take into consideration his recent injuries.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 07:01 PM
  #200
forzanerazzurri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
My cable company doesn't even give me RDS and it was blacked out in English for some reason. I watched the 2nd and 3rd on the net, but seriously, what am I paying $30 a month for centre ice for?
It wasnt even on my CI listing lol. Thats ridiculous tho that you coudlnt even find it (in any language).

forzanerazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.