HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boucher to the Pens for Sydor...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-16-2008, 09:44 AM
  #26
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
To the 2nd, third and fourth posters....I knew exactly what I was gonna see when I opened this thread. Good job Bob! Pick up the phone Bob! Bob is asleep etc....

I hope you were sarcastic....because posters like you make this board annoying...as hell. Sure Bob is in his office clipping his toe nails...

We are gonna get someone better than Boucher I think. I must be biased though because I never thought he was that good except for a couple seasons.

I'd like to see Weber or Carle a couple times this season....let's wait!!!! The longer we wait, the bigger salary we will be able to fit under the cap. Simple. Bob is patient and he'll pull the trigger. The timing is just not right. He probably has already targeted a couple guys better than Boucher and waits so he could fit them under the cap. Or he is just clipping his toe nails. Yours to judge.
I'm sorry to see that a different opinion than your is a bane for you on the HFboards.

Just wondering, what do you expect for a message board? This a place where you can express your opinion about almost anything involving hockey. You will agree with some, disagree with others. If you are looking for a fan club, I don't think this is the place.

As long as it not hateful, I honestly do not see a problem with that.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:49 AM
  #27
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Top four D?

Are you serious?

Do you have any idea how ignorant this comment makes you look? This place is full of "Habs Fans" who aren't actually hockey fans. Aren't you interested in following the rest of the league too, or just Montreal? It would really inform your opinions if you knew what was going on around the league.

Let me steer you in the right direction ... for starters, it's 2008...
wow, someone is not going well this morning? Sorry if my opinion is making me look like a ignorant poster. Honestly what do you expect from this kind of post? Ah man, you are right, I'm a ignorant *****, you are right, Boucher is done! Oh praise Ferris Rox !.

Sorry if it bother you but a healthy Boucher is a top 4 defenseman in my ignorant little mind. And yes I saw a few Stars games and yes I'm not only watching the Habs.

I do not see what do you expect with this kind of aggressive post. Go take a walk outside, take a break of the internet, I don't know but take a chill pill !

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:55 AM
  #28
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Boucher is atrocious.

Slow, injury prone and clueless on the ice.

It's been a fast slide down for Phillipe Boucher.

No thanks.

But he is also 150x better then Sydor,good trade for the Pens,they get better IMO and it's not good news for us and the rest of the Eastern Conf.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:37 AM
  #29
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
I do not see what do you expect with this kind of aggressive post. Go take a walk outside, take a break of the internet, I don't know but take a chill pill !
I'm not sure what you expect from a Ferris post.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:40 AM
  #30
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,356
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by takip View Post
go wild on NHL 09.
Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ahead of you on that one buddy.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:45 AM
  #31
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
So, who here has seen Boucher play this year ? A game, I mean ? Sportscentre doesn't count. I haven't.

McGuire was asked about Boucher, basically said, he's a great guy but injuries have taken a huge toll. Someone else was aksed and said that he isn't a pp force anymore, doesn't really get his shot thru, and didn't get much pp icetime as a result.

So for the ********Bob comments, have you seen the guy play or is it just easier to be pissed ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:56 AM
  #32
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
The guy is not the same since he was injured. too bad. Boucher=Sydor.

Let's talk about Robidas...

I guess Anaheim will soon shop for another d-man too, since Beauchemin will miss the rest of the season.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:29 AM
  #33
xeric716x
Born To Expire
 
xeric716x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jack City
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 500
Boucher = no thanks

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:54 PM
  #34
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
So, who here has seen Boucher play this year ? A game, I mean ? Sportscentre doesn't count. I haven't.

McGuire was asked about Boucher, basically said, he's a great guy but injuries have taken a huge toll. Someone else was aksed and said that he isn't a pp force anymore, doesn't really get his shot thru, and didn't get much pp icetime as a result.

So for the ********Bob comments, have you seen the guy play or is it just easier to be pissed ?
You're probably right, but then again, Gainey did make the decision to re-sign Breeze-by and hang onto dandenault.

not to scapegoat those guys, but I'd rather be paying 2.5 million for boucher, even a downgraded boucher, than 2.5+ for Dandy/Breezer...

that's we're the **** Bob comments hold some weight, imo.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:57 PM
  #35
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,840
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Boucher is atrocious.

Slow, injury prone and clueless on the ice.

It's been a fast slide down for Phillipe Boucher.

No thanks.
Agreed. Some more overreaction in this thread. He would have brought nothing special here.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 02:02 PM
  #36
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
So, who here has seen Boucher play this year ? A game, I mean ? Sportscentre doesn't count. I haven't.

McGuire was asked about Boucher, basically said, he's a great guy but injuries have taken a huge toll. Someone else was aksed and said that he isn't a pp force anymore, doesn't really get his shot thru, and didn't get much pp icetime as a result.

So for the ********Bob comments, have you seen the guy play or is it just easier to be pissed ?
I've seen two full games and parts of three or four others. (My poor brother-in-law has Turco in his pool and has been cursing him all year long. He also has Fabian Brunstrom, and for awhile, had Boucher himself. I have Brendan Morrow, so we've tuned into the Stars a fair bit.

Not only is he not a powerplay force anymore, the Stars stopped using him on the powerplay altogether. As I said earlier in this thread, it's been a quick, steep slide for Boucher. He's looked so poor this year that it's looked pretty much over.

I agree with someone else in this thread who said that it's a gamble worth taking for the Penguins (they were dumping Sydor, who they don't use and didn't take on any money) but in no way, shape or form would I want Boucher in Montreal.

The Boucher all of you are *****ing about hasn't existed in two seasons.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 02:04 PM
  #37
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
wow, someone is not going well this morning? Sorry if my opinion is making me look like a ignorant poster. Honestly what do you expect from this kind of post? Ah man, you are right, I'm a ignorant *****, you are right, Boucher is done! Oh praise Ferris Rox !.

Sorry if it bother you but a healthy Boucher is a top 4 defenseman in my ignorant little mind. And yes I saw a few Stars games and yes I'm not only watching the Habs.

I do not see what do you expect with this kind of aggressive post. Go take a walk outside, take a break of the internet, I don't know but take a chill pill !
The post i was responding to had *You* saying What the ****, but I'm the person that needs to chill out and makes aggressive posts?

Pot ... this is the kettle. You're black.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 02:05 PM
  #38
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
You're probably right, but then again, Gainey did make the decision to re-sign Breeze-by and hang onto dandenault.

not to scapegoat those guys, but I'd rather be paying 2.5 million for boucher, even a downgraded boucher, than 2.5+ for Dandy/Breezer...

that's we're the **** Bob comments hold some weight, imo.
He made the choice to re-sign Brisebois at cheap contract. Seems like a very safe gamble. As for holding on to Dandenault, what kind of offers do you think he was getting?

I'm no fan of Dandenualt, but there's no doubt in my mind he's a much more useful player then Phillippe Boucher, at this stage.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:05 PM
  #39
Brisebois
Registered User
 
Brisebois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Feeding Johan Sedin
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
He made the choice to re-sign Brisebois at cheap contract. Seems like a very safe gamble. As for holding on to Dandenault, what kind of offers do you think he was getting?

I'm no fan of Dandenualt, but there's no doubt in my mind he's a much more useful player then Phillippe Boucher, at this stage.
FerrisRox, whats up with you these days?

You're an old poster, you've been around a while, and I enjoy reading your comments generally, but lately you seem to be in a bash-everyone's-opinion mood.

Don't stop posting, you're a knowledgeable fan. Just don't be nasty.

Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:55 PM
  #40
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
You're probably right, but then again, Gainey did make the decision to re-sign Breeze-by and hang onto dandenault.

not to scapegoat those guys, but I'd rather be paying 2.5 million for boucher, even a downgraded boucher, than 2.5+ for Dandy/Breezer...

that's we're the **** Bob comments hold some weight, imo.
They already had Dandenault, though you did say hang on, it wasn't a decsion, it was just the way it is. Brisebois, well, we can argue, but I don't think it was intended for him to play as much as he has.



Upheaval, like waiving a veteran, to replace him with a veteran that may not put you farther ahead, I don't know, sounds like moves to show someone you'll make moves.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 04:03 PM
  #41
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,630
vCash: 500
Let's put everything in perspective. First, Gainey will be killed Monday for not getting Boucher by the medias (yes you know who they are, let's not start a media bashing...). But then, who would you have given for him? A guy so injury prone ended up having Sydor. Should I just think that that's what Dallas for aiming for? If so, remove any youngsters we may have (and then remove it anyway 'cause why would Gainey give a promising youngster for a guy who's going to be gone next year and could even be gone before since he'll be injured again.

Then, if Dallas was looking for a vet, I really believe that Gainey will have Brisebois be a Hab till he gets his 1000th game. You can say whatever you want about Gainey not minding those things, I believe he does. So Brisebois is not to be traded and like I said in previous threads, hope that he reaches the 1000th this year, if not, he'll be back next year (though he could play till he reaches his 1000th and retire...). Then you have Dandenault who I'm not sure teams know he can still play there. How do you evaluate his talent on D when he's not playing there? So it leaves Bouillon.....it could a size thing, they have Robidas, do they want Bouillon as well....And what about the cap? Dallas and ours?

All of this + the Dallas factor, Sydor being a Star at one point and maybe finishing his career over there (Brett Hull could be a nostalgic guy....)

So Boucher was not a match and getting him was not the answer. Getting him almost makes me thing of getting Lang 'cause we were not getting Sundin.....no reason to do a mistake like that again.....We need to be wise as far as the cap is concerned.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 04:52 PM
  #42
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
The post i was responding to had *You* saying What the ****, but I'm the person that needs to chill out and makes aggressive posts?

Pot ... this is the kettle. You're black.
wow, because I used the expression WTF, it give you the excuse to do those kinds of aggressive remarks.

Go see your doctor and ask him to take your pressure.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 08:08 PM
  #43
peperebougon*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
I'm sorry to see that a different opinion than your is a bane for you on the HFboards.

Just wondering, what do you expect for a message board? This a place where you can express your opinion about almost anything involving hockey. You will agree with some, disagree with others. If you are looking for a fan club, I don't think this is the place.

As long as it not hateful, I honestly do not see a problem with that.
Elaborate a bit next time it makes the board more enjoyable...just a suggestion

sorry for the tone of my previous post...I apologize. These one line posts get to me more than they should

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 08:42 PM
  #44
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
Elaborate a bit next time it makes the board more enjoyable...just a suggestion

sorry for the tone of my previous post...I apologize. These one line posts get to me more than they should
No offense man

I just hate the reflex of some posters who prefer to insult than try to use arguments to show their point of view.

No hard feelings !

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 08:46 PM
  #45
Lord Horse
Next Day's News
 
Lord Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Full City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Thanks M. Gainey, we don't want anymore useless defensemen making that much cash. If the guy was 25 there'd be call for all the sour grapes in this thread, but Boucher is not the D that some are remembering, actually he wasn't that D very often.

Unless we can land a real keeper on D, it's time to be promoting from within and / or waiting until Carle or Weber is ready.

Edit: the guitarist in my band (see sig) is a huge Stars fan (right back to the old days, his favorite player for many years was Neal Broten). I've watched the team and Matty Niskanen is better right now than Boucher IMO.


Last edited by Lord Horse: 11-17-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:28 PM
  #46
DaHabMan
Registered User
 
DaHabMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Lang for Boucher would have been nice
then we wouldnt have 3 offensive lines anymore

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:16 PM
  #47
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,103
vCash: 500
Can I post a baseless opinion too!!? Or should I do a bit of research before posting? I just want to fit in.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:22 PM
  #48
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Can I post a baseless opinion too!!? Or should I do a bit of research before posting? I just want to fit in.
You definetely won't fit in if you do research.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:28 PM
  #49
Plekanetzz
Registered User
 
Plekanetzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Saguenay, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 540
vCash: 500
boucher = another brisebois

Plekanetzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:31 PM
  #50
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Right Behind Me!
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Boucher is atrocious.

Slow, injury prone and clueless on the ice.

It's been a fast slide down for Phillipe Boucher.

No thanks.
yes, a very fast slide indeed. I can't begin to figure out what happened.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.