HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

D'Agostini?

Old
11-17-2008, 12:30 AM
cprice31

vCash: 500
D'Agostini?

D'Agostini now has 12 goals with Hamilton while being of the AHL leaders in scoring.

He's a right handed shot, which at this point, helps us on the powerplay (Carbo's obsession of having a right handed shot), while also providing a better balance to the line-up.

No doubt D'Agostini can provide more offensively than Latendresse (not to start another LAtendresse war on this board).

Do any of you foresee him on this team....if not, what are we waiting for?

cprice31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:34 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprice31 View Post
D'Agostini now has 12 goals with Hamilton while being of the AHL leaders in scoring.

He's a right handed shot, which at this point, helps us on the powerplay (Carbo's obsession of having a right handed shot), while also providing a better balance to the line-up.

No doubt D'Agostini can provide more offensively than Latendresse (not to start another LAtendresse war on this board).

Do any of you foresee him on this team....if not, what are we waiting for?
We are at the 23 man roster limit....

Are you gonna send Sergei Kostitsyn to the minors?
Are you gonna send O'Byrne to the minors?
If you answered no to the above which of the other 19 skaters are you putting on waivers??

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:34 AM
kernkraft

Yeah, I'd love to see him up in the big leagues, and no doubt he will start there next year. However, we just have no space up here.

Kostopoulos, Begin, Dandenault, Bouillon, Brisebois and Lang most likely will not be here. There'll be plenty of space then.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
We are at the 23 man roster limit....

Are you gonna send Sergei Kostitsyn to the minors?
Are you gonna send O'Byrne to the minors?
If you answered no to the above which of the other 19 skaters are you putting on waivers??
That should sum it up. Seriously beaker, you should have a macro key for each thing you've repeated at leas 50 times in the last 2 months... which is to say a lot, sucks that a lot of people keep forgetting about the same details. But meh, at least you remind them, I don't know how you deal with this patience.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:50 AM
cprice31

Waivers eh.

Let me see

D'Agostini > Dandeneault
D'Agostini > Begin
D'Agostini >>> Latendresse (but I digress)

The excuse that a player in Hamilton that will help us greatly with his offensive ability and right hand shot, in order to accomodate over-the-hill marginal players is pretty ridiculous

Old
11-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Waivers eh.

Let me see

D'Agostini > Dandeneault
D'Agostini > Begin

The excuse that a player in Hamilton that will help us greatly with his offensive ability and right hand shot, in order to accomodate over-the-hill marginal players is pretty ridiculous
while it's true I would like to see D'ags play more. But I don't think having him play on the 4th line(with it's associated line) will be such a good idea for him in terms of development.
Might makes things good with Laps, but a quality player like dags should at least be on a 3rd line imo, and there isnt really room, unless lats plays really horribly.

Old
11-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Waivers eh.

Let me see

D'Agostini > Dandeneault
D'Agostini > Begin

Based on...?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:56 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
while it's true I would like to see D'ags play more. But I don't think having him play on the 4th line(with it's associated line) will be such a good idea for him in terms of development.
Might makes things good with Laps, but a quality player like dags should at least be on a 3rd line imo, and there isnt really room, unless lats plays really horribly.
It only shows once per page... its there in your first post this page.

Old
11-17-2008, 12:56 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Based on...?
His 1 NHL game and strong AHL play of course. Isn't that always how we base players.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:57 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Based on...?
Bob Gainey is a jerk...

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Habskrieg

Quote:
It only shows once per page... its there in your first post this page.
ah thanks, i didnt know that.

Old
11-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Waivers eh.

Let me see

D'Agostini > Dandeneault
D'Agostini > Begin

1) the bolded part makes me go . You are prepared to lose Lats for absolutely nothing by putting him on waivers....
2) Dandenault can't be let go right now... we are down 1 dman already... maybe 2. His versatility is a plus.
3) I wouldn't mind moving out Begin to bring him in... but for what... fourth line minutes and pressbox time.... that won't improve his game at all. If we have a real need on the top 3 lines i'd do it but not now.

Old
11-17-2008, 01:01 AM
cprice31

Quote:
Based on...?

Based on the his pre-season play, based on his solid record of the last 3 seasons, and based on the fact that he has a right hand shot that we so desperately lack on the team.

Clearly the kid has potential, and has the offensive qualities to balance our line-up a little better.

Old
11-17-2008, 01:03 AM
cprice31

Quote:
1) the bolded part makes me go . You are prepared to lose Lats for absolutely nothing by putting him on waivers....
2) Dandenault can't be let go right now... we are down 1 dman already... maybe 2. His versatility is a plus.
3) I wouldn't mind moving out Begin to bring him in... but for what... fourth line minutes and pressbox time.... that won't improve his game at all. If we have a real need on the top 3 lines i'd do it but not now.

I understand your reaction.

However, if letting go of Dandy or Begin to accomodate D'Agostini. It seems like a good trade-off

The kid is absolutely ripping up the AHL, has a good goal scoring instincts...he'll bring another dimension to our team thats lacking a little.

We havent really been an offensive machine lately either.

Old
11-17-2008, 01:04 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Tony M said a few weeks back that he was told that the plan is to have both Max Pac and D'Ago on the Habs sometime in 2009. The organization is really high on both of them and think they are both ready.

Personally I could see a forward or 2 being traded for help on D, and then these guys coming up as replacements. Maybe something like a Latendresse package for Bouwmeester. Obviously it would be more on our side, but Latendresse seems like a Panthers type of player and I doubt he sticks around on this team.

waffledave
waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:08 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Tony M said a few weeks back that he was told that the plan is to have both Max Pac and D'Ago on the Habs sometime in 2009. The organization is really high on both of them and think they are both ready.

Personally I could see a forward or 2 being traded for help on D, and then these guys coming up as replacements. Maybe something like a Latendresse package for Bouwmeester. Obviously it would be more on our side, but Latendresse seems like a Panthers type of player and I doubt he sticks around on this team.
Especially playing 4th line mins.

The media would have a field day if their beloved Guillaume was traded.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:12 AM
cprice31

Let the media run their mouthes.

Do we want to win? Do we want to move forward?

Old
11-17-2008, 01:14 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Especially playing 4th line mins.

The media would have a field day if their beloved Guillaume was traded.
Tony also added that if Max Pac is on this team, Latendresse is either going to be a 4th liner or traded.

waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:14 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Let the media run their mouthes.

Do we want to win? Do we want to move forward?
He's 20 years old, I would give him some more time unless a ridiculous offer was made.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post

D'ags I see him next season in our team... for now... pacman, not soo much, he's talented, but as the stats show for now, he's got 10 pts in the ahl (which isn't bad don't get me wrong), but 9 are assists. Of course, if things change in terms of stats (since I have no other way of judging the players), d'ags, chips or lehoux or probably the best picks to take up.

Old
11-17-2008, 01:21 AM
OneSharpMarble

Why could Breezer or Dandy we waived in favour of Weber/Carle or D'ago?

As long as Weber/Carle isnt a total disaster in very limited minutes he would be an upgrade on Breezer. I swear that Breezer was on his ass half the night. Can he not even stay on his skates anymore?

When the heck does Komi get back?

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:23 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Why could Breezer or Dandy we waived in favour of Weber/Carle or D'ago?

As long as Weber/Carle isnt a total disaster in very limited minutes he would be an upgrade on Breezer. I swear that Breezer was on his ass half the night. Can he not even stay on his skates anymore?

When the heck does Komi get back?
We're short on Dmen as it is with 2 possibly hurt now (komi and Bouillion)... and you want to waive guys who can play defence for an AHL forward... or for two guys who are struggling in their own end in the AHL....

Old
11-17-2008, 01:43 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

s kost had over a point per game around the time he got called up and stuck with the team. He had to wait for a spot to open up though. I think D'Agonstini has to wait for an injury or two or a minor transaction. Credit D'ags for doing his part, but the stars aren't quite aligned for him just yet.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:44 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
We're short on Dmen as it is with 2 possibly hurt now (komi and Bouillion)... and you want to waive guys who can play defence for an AHL forward... or for two guys who are struggling in their own end in the AHL....
Well I meant waive Breezer for either carle/weber and possibly waive Dandy later for D'Ago when Komi was back. Boullion is going to be fine from what I hear and I would rather have a guy who is having trouble in his own end compared to a guy who is having trouble in every end.

The guy can either handle the puck or skate, when they are combined he usually has to fall down first.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:02 AM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
He's 20 years old, I would give him some more time unless a ridiculous offer was made.
Totaly!
I would keep him untill he is 24 and if there is not much improvement, then you depart with him.
How many 6'2 220 physical forwards with 2 consecutives 16 goals seasons do the canadiens have?
Only one
Latendrese

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote