Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs l 11/17 l 7:30 ET l VERSUS

Old
11-17-2008, 02:52 PM
milk

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to milk
I'm not feeling too well. I had to call in sick for all my training appointments (not makin' any money today...)
I hope the Bruins can make me feel better.

*curls back in bed*

milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:55 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 361
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
I think Raycroft got booed once when I was at a game.

Who would boo that nifty dude, Raycroft?

I think it is way uncool to boo your players. Booing in general is kind of dumb.

I remember the cheers he used to get when he actually made a save. does that count as booing ?

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
Hmm, let me think. Which players in Bruins uniforms got booed by their own fans ? The only one that comes to mind, ironically enough, is Mike Milbury. I'm sure that some of the other older fans whose memory hasn't gone south could come up with quite a list.
I never saw Milbury play... But I COULD see people booing him now as he walks down the streets of Long Island.

Mr. Make-Believe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
I never saw Milbury play... But I COULD see people booing him now as he walks down the streets of Long Island.
Just don't take your shoes off

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:58 PM
ksp1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk View Post
I'm not feeling too well. I had to call in sick for all my training appointments (not makin' any money today...)

*curls back in bed*
That depends on which Bruins team shows up. If the team that showed up against the Canadiennes show up tonight, have some tea with some unknown liquid with omsre proof in it and get the TV near the bed and watch and enjoy. If the team that didn't show up for the last 5 minutes of the Rags game makes an appearance, have some chicken soup and some Nyquil and call it an early night. You can always catch the rant and rave reviews on here tomorrow, not to mention watching the lowlights on nhl.com

Old
11-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:

*curls back in bed*
feel better. I felt sick yesterday.

Old
11-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
I think Raycroft got booed once when I was at a game.

Who would boo that nifty dude, Raycroft?

I think it is way uncool to boo your players. Booing in general is kind of dumb.
See, I don't mind booing an official who makes a bad call or something, but I don't think one should do it at players on one's own team... Unreal. I don't think Milbury should have gotten it (if what ksp says is true).

Even Raycroft, even though he sucked at the end of his tenure here didn't deserve it. Maybe I just live in an ideal world.

Again, part of the reason that I became a Bruins fan was because I respected Bruins fans so much. They didn't like embellishment or cheap-shots, they favored tough, hard-working players over the more-skilled pansies... Sure they were jaded, but they have class and honor and appreciated the game for the same reasons I did. They never stooped to booing their own players. They never wanted boobs like Avery playing for them, and they never wished they had players from Montreal on their team (a direct reference to that thread a while back).

Live and learn, I suppose.

Old
11-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
See, I don't mind booing an official who makes a bad call or something, but I don't think one should do it at players on one's own team... Unreal. I don't think Milbury should have gotten it (if what ksp says is true).

Even Raycroft, even though he sucked at the end of his tenure here didn't deserve it. Maybe I just live in an ideal world.

Again, part of the reason that I became a Bruins fan was because I respected Bruins fans so much. They didn't like embellishment or cheap-shots, they favored tough, hard-working players over the more-skilled pansies... Sure they were jaded, but they have class and honor and appreciated the game for the same reasons I did. They never stooped to booing their own players. They never wanted boobs like Avery playing for them, and they never wished they had players from Montreal on their team (a direct reference to that thread a while back).

Live and learn, I suppose.
I agree with you--I was just "poking the bear" if you will

I don't think any professional athlete should get booed anyway. It really accomplishes nothing. Kind of like chanting USA like they were the other night. Fans do some weird things.

Old
11-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:

*curls back in bed*
If that doesn't, this certainly will.

http://www.peta.org/cooking-mama/index.asp?c=pcmgb08

Old
11-17-2008, 03:09 PM
FONZIE
SPEPATLABFD

Quote:

*curls back in bed*
Sorry to hear that, milk. Who/what do you train?

FONZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:10 PM
ksp1957

Quote:
One other side note which I do remember for a fact. When I was a teenager back when we had horse-drawn carriages... my family had season tickets in the second balcony. The fans up there were really tough especially on the players that didn't strike their fancy. One instance was when Millbury was taking the puck back towards his own net to go behind the net and start the rush out. So help me, one of the Gallery Gods faithful yelled down to the ice for Millbury to shoot... ON HIS OWN NET, no less. The fans up there were crazy, but I can't tell you how much I miss those days.

Old
11-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
I agree with you--I was just "poking the bear" if you will

I don't think any professional athlete should get booed anyway. It really accomplishes nothing. Kind of like chanting USA like they were the other night. Fans do some weird things.
Yeah... The chanting thing is a direct response to Montreal, though. "Ole, ole, ole ole" is obvious, and the "USA" chant was initially in response to their fans booing our anthem during the playoffs. Did you catch that? I said "our." What I meant to say was the American anthem. Woops. I'm a patriotic Canadian, I swear!

God, I envy Americans.

Old
11-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
If that doesn't, this certainly will.

http://www.peta.org/cooking-mama/index.asp?c=pcmgb08
AWFUL!

Old
11-17-2008, 03:12 PM
krauts

I would never boo a booin. I'm so happy, finally figured out how to get the games online and I WILL NEVER MISS ANOTHER BRUINS GAME IN MY LIFE*. I am a bit slow with this terknollergy stuff.

* other obligations permitting

krauts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:12 PM
nazartp

Quote:
Must say booing their own players fits with my overall (maybe distorted by B's fan perception) image of the Ranger's fans. I was, actually, pleasantly surprised when they were sort of trying to cheer the team up when they allowed the first goal. All civilities went by the board when they allowed a league-leading shorty. I had a very nice couple sitting next to me and they were pretty pissed with Ranger's performance 9including booing Roszival).

On the other hand I don't remember any booing of B's players by B's fans from the time when I lived in Boston.

nazartp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:13 PM
ksp1957

Quote:
God, I envy Americans.
You can envy us all you want until you try to drive in downtown Boston during rush hour. Then you'll thank God you can go back to Canada when the drivers actually know how to drive and don't seem like they got their driver's license off the inside of a package of hockey cards.

Old
11-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
One other side note which I do remember for a fact. When I was a teenager back when we had horse-drawn carriages... my family had season tickets in the second balcony. The fans up there were really tough especially on the players that didn't strike their fancy. One instance was when Millbury was taking the puck back towards his own net to go behind the net and start the rush out. So help me, one of the Gallery Gods faithful yelled down to the ice for Millbury to shoot... ON HIS OWN NET, no less. The fans up there were crazy, but I can't tell you how much I miss those days.
Is the effect compromised do you think with the new arena?

I tell ya, whenever I go to the game, I am a crazy-ass fan! This last one in Edmonton, I was rallying the troops with battle-cries before the game even started. A woman sat down beside me (Oilers fan), and she said "Oh, you can't be f'ing serious..." It's great. But I feel as though some of that may be lost in space with the bigger arena.

Old
11-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
You can envy us all you want until you try to drive in downtown Boston during rush hour. Then you'll thank God you can go back to Canada when the drivers actually know how to drive and don't seem like they got their driver's license off the inside of a package of hockey cards.
You see, we have all the negative tendancies here that you guys have down there... Consumerism, all that.

The difference is that you guys are so much more open about it. We spend a lot of time up here trying to distinguish ourselves from Americans, when we should be focusing on what makes us happy.

Old
11-17-2008, 03:22 PM
ksp1957

Quote:
Is the effect compromised do you think with the new arena?
Funny you should mention that. The first time I went to a hockey game in the new place, I complained to my duaghter that it felt like I was going to a BSO concert. The place wasn't cold, there wasn't as much noise during the game, no rats scurrying under the seats or pigeons in the rafters. The main difference is that the new place had no character. It'll get better as our team gets better. I like what I've seen this season from the Bruins and I'm beginning to line up which games I actually want to go in the spring when I actually have some coin saved up.

We simply have to remember to kick some heavy duty ass on the teams in our conference like tonight's game and make sure that this place is a 'tough place for an opposing team to play in'.

Old
11-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
MMB needs a looksee at 128 at the 93 merge when it's bumpah to bumpah and the oil tankahs are on one side and the SUV losers are a racin down the breakdown lane in the rain. Welcome to Boston!

Old
11-17-2008, 03:24 PM
bruinsmaniya

Quote:
Yeah... The chanting thing is a direct response to Montreal, though. "Ole, ole, ole ole" is obvious, and the "USA" chant was initially in response to their fans booing our anthem during the playoffs. Did you catch that? I said "our." What I meant to say was the American anthem. Woops. I'm a patriotic Canadian, I swear!

God, I envy Americans.
Canada is part of North America so you can say you're American.

bruinsmaniya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:31 PM
ksp1957

Quote:
MMB needs a looksee at 128 at the 93 merge when it's bumpah to bumpah and the oil tankahs are on one side and the SUV losers are a racin down the breakdown lane in the rain. Welcome to Boston!

And don't forget when the load shifts and ties up traffic for the better part of the afternoon. No wonder, I'm taking valium before I leave work. There's only one big major problem with doing that though. I CAN'T DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES.

Old
11-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Funny you should mention that. The first time I went to a hockey game in the new place, I complained to my duaghter that it felt like I was going to a BSO concert. The place wasn't cold, there wasn't as much noise during the game, no rats scurrying under the seats or pigeons in the rafters. The main difference is that the new place had no character. It'll get better as our team gets better. I like what I've seen this season from the Bruins and I'm beginning to line up which games I actually want to go in the spring when I actually have some coin saved up.

We simply have to remember to kick some heavy duty ass on the teams in our conference like tonight's game and make sure that this place is a 'tough place for an opposing team to play in'.
I probably wouldn't know the difference.

If I went to the Garden now, it would be like... You know how kids would be when they first hit a Disney theme park? That's what going to a live game in Boston would be like for me. I'd just be stunned by it.

Yeah, I think last year's playoffs probably had a great effect on things there. The last playoff game that many people saw there was Game 6... That goes a long way. I remember when the "Fleet" first opened, and for years the Bruins couldn't win a playoff game there, and they had a losing record at home. Not good mo-jo.

Being around for so long ksp, how do YOU feel about the current roster? Does this group of guys get you excited, or is this like 2002, kinda? How does this team rate to you compared to the teams of the last however many seasons?