11-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Hawgood_38
Season Tix since '97

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
If that doesn't, this certainly will.

http://www.peta.org/cooking-mama/index.asp?c=pcmgb08
OK, that was awesome!!! Anyone else "Better than Mama!"???

Hawgood_38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:44 PM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Being around for so long ksp, how do YOU feel about the current roster? Does this group of guys get you excited, or is this like 2002, kinda? How does this team rate to you compared to the teams of the last however many seasons?
The is the first season in a while that I'm really and truly excited about the team. The last time I felt this good about the team was when Cam Neely was wearing number 8 and Ray Bourque was patrolling the Bruins defense. That team went to the finals 'by accident' as it were, but this team could go as far in another year or two. I'm watching more games this season than I've watched in years.

There is a good mix of youth and experience. I just wish they had a little more depth on defense as in a #1B defenseman to spell Chara when needed. I don't want to see Chara burn out by the end of the year. Kessel, Wheeler and Lucic are fun to watch and Savard is a magician when it comes to getting the puck where it needs to be for a scoring opportunity.

I'm flying against hfboard wisdom, but I'm not sold on Tim Thomas over the full course of the season. Manny Fernandez seems to be doing an okay job as a #1B, but it remains to be seen if he and Thomas can split the load and get the Bruins past the first round of the playoffs. I was worried about Julien having the same attitude towards his 4th line as Dave Lewis did but I've never been happier to be proven wrong.

Naturally, this team isn't as good as the Bruins teams of the late 60s and early 70s but that genre of team will never happen again. I can guiarantee that this team will never give up on a game and will always make for an exciting experience in their home games. Being tough to play at home is the best way to go and having close to a .500 record on the road is a good formula for success.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Boston Bruno

Quote:
I probably wouldn't know the difference.

If I went to the Garden now, it would be like... You know how kids would be when they first hit a Disney theme park? That's what going to a live game in Boston would be like for me. I'd just be stunned by it.

Yeah, I think last year's playoffs probably had a great effect on things there. The last playoff game that many people saw there was Game 6... That goes a long way. I remember when the "Fleet" first opened, and for years the Bruins couldn't win a playoff game there, and they had a losing record at home. Not good mo-jo.

Being around for so long ksp, how do YOU feel about the current roster? Does this group of guys get you excited, or is this like 2002, kinda? How does this team rate to you compared to the teams of the last however many seasons?
MMB,

speaking as someone with the expereince behind him (first game at TDBN), let me assure you..when you walk into the arena you get anxious - but when you see the spoked B at center ice, it becomes a near relgious euphoria.

I have 3 euphoria's I recall..

My Daughter being born
Catching a 20lb lake trout in a high mountain lake where none of us have caught a fish bigger than 8 lbs from
Walking into TDBN and seeing that spoked B at center ice.

It is the shizzo..just awesome.

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:48 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Not sure anyone pointed this out, but the game is actually at 730. I'm not a big fan of waiting 30 minutes longer than I usually have to wait. Boo that.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Kovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bruno View Post
MMB,

speaking as someone with the expereince behind him (first game at TDBN), let me assure you..when you walk into the arena you get anxious - but when you see the spoked B at center ice, it becomes a near relgious euphoria.

My Daughter being born
Catching a 20lb lake trout in a high mountain lake where none of us have caught a fish bigger than 8 lbs from

not to mention looking up into the rafters at the jersey #s and banners. I always get dizzy!

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:51 PM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
not to mention looking up into the rafters at the jersey #s and banners. I always get dizzy!
At least they don't have the Bruins' phony division title banners they used to have in the Old Garden.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
The is the first season in a while that I'm really and truly excited about the team. The last time I felt this good about the team was when Cam Neely was wearing number 8 and Ray Bourque was patrolling the Bruins defense. That team went to the finals 'by accident' as it were, but this team could go as far in another year or two. I'm watching more games this season than I've watched in years.

There is a good mix of youth and experience. I just wish they had a little more depth on defense as in a #1B defenseman to spell Chara when needed. I don't want to see Chara burn out by the end of the year. Kessel, Wheeler and Lucic are fun to watch and Savard is a magician when it comes to getting the puck where it needs to be for a scoring opportunity.

I'm flying against hfboard wisdom, but I'm not sold on Tim Thomas over the full course of the season. Manny Fernandez seems to be doing an okay job as a #1B, but it remains to be seen if he and Thomas can split the load and get the Bruins past the first round of the playoffs. I was worried about Julien having the same attitude towards his 4th line as Dave Lewis did but I've never been happier to be proven wrong.

Naturally, this team isn't as good as the Bruins teams of the late 60s and early 70s but that genre of team will never happen again. I can guiarantee that this team will never give up on a game and will always make for an exciting experience in their home games. Being tough to play at home is the best way to go and having close to a .500 record on the road is a good formula for success.

You see, I like hearing this...

I feel the same way. I feel like... Well, we don't have the high-end talent of certain clubs. Even the talent that we had back at the turn of the century there... But this club: It FEELS good to me. It feels like a team that's going to be difficult to beat in a seven-game series, you know? I feel like this is almost the team I started cheering for in the late 80's again.

I know it doesn't mean much, but it's nice to think that someone with your history with the team is seeing things in a similar light to me (other than the Thomas/ManFern combo, which I think is excellent ). Makes me feel like I'm not just drinking the Kool-Aid.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
MMB,

My Daughter being born

Awww... That's so beautiful.

That's just how I imagine it.

One day, dammit. One day I will be there.

Old
11-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Kovi

Quote:
MMB,

My Daughter being born

there is that moment when they either play Crazy Train or the beginning to Welcome to the Jungle and Bergeron leans in for the face off that my heart just POUNDS!

Jeebus...now I'm all excited....

Old
11-17-2008, 04:09 PM
nazartp

Quote:
MMB,

My Daughter being born

Now I just gotta invent a business trip to Boston.

I was supposed to go to Toronto this week, but my trip got canceled. My boss in Toronto is a pretty hardcore Leafs fan and would have come up with the tickets, but no luck - trip got rescheduled.

nazartp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgood_38 View Post
OK, that was awesome!!! Anyone else "Better than Mama!"???
Sometimes...

Old
11-17-2008, 04:27 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Heres to hoping that Ryder or Bergie pot one tonight, I'd really like to see them put it in the net and erase some of our doubts about that second line.

CptxMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptxMorgan View Post
Heres to hoping that Ryder or Bergie pot one tonight, I'd really like to see them put it in the net and erase some of our doubts about that second line.
I think I may be one of the few people who actually LIKE that line.

It's only a matter of time before they start really scoring.

I also like the Kessel-Savard combo... ???

Old
11-17-2008, 04:33 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:

I like the whole 1st line. I like Krejci with Sturm. I kind of like Bergeron with Ryder. But I'm not sure if Axelsson, Kobasew, and Wheeler are in the right spots.

dafoomie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 04:34 PM
canuckulous

Let's go B's !

I think Bergy will get two goals tonight.

canuckulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 04:34 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:

I like all of our lines, it's just unfortunate when an entire line seems completely snakebitten. They're getting chances and playing an awesome 2 way game, hence why I'm hoping they start putting it in the net.

Old
11-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Waltah*

versus, yuck

bruins, yay!

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
I like all of our lines, it's just unfortunate when an entire line seems completely snakebitten. They're getting chances and playing an awesome 2 way game, hence why I'm hoping they start putting it in the net.
It's why I want them to stick with it.

It's only a matter of time before some of these chances start finding the back of the net. Them struggling, and the team still winning is a good sign. I just hope that doesn't double-back on us.

Old
11-17-2008, 04:41 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:
It's why I want them to stick with it.

It's only a matter of time before some of these chances start finding the back of the net. Them struggling, and the team still winning is a good sign. I just hope that doesn't double-back on us.
It's not like either of them are unproven scorers, ones coming back from and injury and the other is adjusting to a system that's pretty different from the one that he was used to in Montreal.

I think that come midseason that could be our dominant line if Axe gets dropped down and someone with slightly more scoring touch comes up. That's not a knock on Axey either, he's made some brilliant plays but he just isn't as offensively minded as most would like.

Old
11-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Waltah*

test, post. did i get banzored?

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Kovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltah View Post
test, post. did i get banzored?

yes, this is Heaven.

Old
11-17-2008, 04:44 PM
TheBigZ

Is it me or de we always play bad on VS? PLus we will probably have Joe BENANATI who is probably the second most annoying play by play guy. Anyway GO and let's start another winning streak!!

TheBigZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
It's not like either of them are unproven scorers, ones coming back from and injury and the other is adjusting to a system that's pretty different from the one that he was used to in Montreal.

I think that come midseason that could be our dominant line if Axe gets dropped down and someone with slightly more scoring touch comes up. That's not a knock on Axey either, he's made some brilliant plays but he just isn't as offensively minded as most would like.
I think they're playing well together, and that's the point. If they were lost, or not getting chances or blowing defensive assignments or something... Then I'd say it was time to change things up a bit. But as it stands, there are a few "I can't believe that didn't go in!" moments per GAME.

I agree that someone with a better shot would help, but for right now I think Axe is in the right spot.

Old
11-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Jeff6582

C'mon boys, keep the points train rollin.

Jeff6582 is offline   Reply With Quote