HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

whacky travel

Old
11-17-2008, 05:43 PM
moose3322

vCash: 500
i remember last year when new jersey came to vancouver in the epic brodeur-luongo battle, and the nucks won 5-0... After the game, the vancouver board was flooded with jersey fans saying that they would have won, but that they had a tough travel to vancouver, were tired, luongo sucks, etc., just complaining about their cross continental trek in general and how that game didnt mean anything. New jersey fans...complaining to vancouver fans about travel. Needless to say, it wasnt well-received on the nucks board.

moose3322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

Send a message via MSN to Jill Sandwich
We could put Western teams in tighter packed divisions, all the same size as the Atlantic, so no one feels cheated. Yes, the 12 Western divisions.

You live in population centers that are spaced far from other population centers. That means you have to travel far. I live in Winnipeg. It's cold in Winnipeg. Do I get to complain that it's cold in Winnipeg? No, because I live in Winnipeg!

Jill Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 05:57 PM
moose3322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Therrien View Post
We could put Western teams in tighter packed divisions, all the same size as the Atlantic, so no one feels cheated. Yes, the 12 Western divisions.

You live in population centers that are spaced far from other population centers. That means you have to travel far. I live in Winnipeg. It's cold in Winnipeg. Do I get to complain that it's cold in Winnipeg? No, because I live in Winnipeg!
but you might if there were some sort of league you were involved in where coldness was detrimental to your success

moose3322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 06:03 PM
JBIZ14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Therrien View Post

Or you could move Nashville to Seattle...Florida to Vegas/SLC and put Detroit in the East.One can only dream.

JBIZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote