HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

At Game Last Night-- Interesting Tidbit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2008, 12:59 PM
  #1
GoldenForum
Registered User
 
GoldenForum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
At Game Last Night-- Interesting Tidbit

So I was at last night's game in St. Louis. As usual, lots of Hab fans present, including 4 guys sitting right beside me. Or so I thought-- they had me a bit consfused. The guy right beside me was dressed casual, the guy beside him in a Habs sweater with Kovy's name on back, and the guy beside him a Blues sweater with Perron on back. When Blues scored they cheered, when Habs scored they cheered. A Bit bizarre. So I got to talking to the guy sitting beside me and it turns out he's David Perron's father. In St. Louis for the week to hang with his son and catch a couple of blues games. The guy in the Habs Kovy sweater was Perron's brother. Very nice folks. When the Habs tied it in the 3rd, the brother gave me a huge high-five...same thing when Kovy scored the game-winner in the shootout. Not your everyday experience, figured I'd share it.

As for the game, Kovy is a mix between brilliant (his puck handling was mesmerizing) ans somewhat disinterested. Not sure if he seems like no one is helping him out (i.e. scoring off his passes and hardwork) or if he's upset about something else. But he definitely seems a bit upset. AK46 looked very good last night-- much more involved and had a bit of a Kovy flair. Lang played well. Lats (who I really think will be good when he's matured/25) was horrible-- just looked out of position and uninterested last night-- disappointing. Koivu is just a workhorse. Sergei definitely picked up his intensity-- looked more involved, great vision too. On D, Markov looked a bit slow. Thought Hammer, Gorges, Bouillon, and OB played very well. With Patrice you just hold your breath everytime he touches the puck (nothing new there). Price looked pretty solid, but i think he can become even more focused/locked-in out there. Pleks also played a pretty good game, especially on PK.

Weird game overall-- way too may penalties, hurt tempo and flow. However, great to watch the team on the road (it's almost more fun than at the Bell Centre because if Hab fans can pull off a Go Habs Go or Ole, it's real classic. All road games I've been to the locals are often pretty blown away by the number of Habs in the stands.

Well that was a lot longer than I imagined...


Last edited by GoldenForum: 11-17-2008 at 01:11 PM.
GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:01 PM
  #2
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Nice.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:10 PM
  #3
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,078
vCash: 500
That's cool.

Kovy does look disinterested for whatever reason. He's trying to make the difficult plays as opposed to the easy ones. Last year he would have used his size and skill to get the puck in and down low, then set it all up to make a play. Now he's just trying to do too much.

And last night showed us that Andrei Kostitsyn needs to be separated from Kovalev. Give him his own line to work with. The problem is the right centre. I always thought the brothers would benefit from a big centreman, like a Getzlaf. Thing with Ryan is that he has wheels, unlike Lang. Lang also likes to hold on to the puck. Give them Plekanec, speedy and he will let Andrei hold on to the puck and make plays. I would try the Kid Line from 2 years ago.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:12 PM
  #4
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenForum View Post
So I was at last night's game in St. Louis. As usual, lots of Hab fans present, including 4 guys sitting right beside me. Or so I thought-- they had me a bit consfused. The guy right beside me was dressed casual, the guy beside him in a Habs sweater with Kovy's name on back, and the guy beside him a Blues sweater with Perron on back. When Blues scored they cheered, when Habs scored they cheered. A Bit bizarre. So I got to talking to the guy sitting beside me and it turns out he's David Perron's father. In St. Louis for the week to hang with his son and catch a couple of blues games. The guy in the Habs Kovy sweater was Perron's brother. Very nice folks. When the Habs tied it in the 3rd, the brother gave me a huge high-five...same thing when Kovy scored the game-winner in the shootout. Not your everyday experience, figured I'd share it.

As for the game, Kovy is a mix between brilliant (his puck handling was mesmerizing) ans somewhat disinterested. Not sure if he seems like no one is helping him out (i.e. scoring off his passes and hardwork) or if he's upset about something else. But he definitely seems a bit upset. AK46 looked very good last night-- much more involved and had a bit of a Kovy flair. Lang played well. Lats (who I really think will be good when he's matured/25) was horrible-- just looked out of position and uninterested last night-- disappointing. Koivu is just a workhorse. Sergei definitely picked up his intensity-- looked more involved, great vision too. On D, Markov looked a bit slow. Thought Hammer, Gorges, Bouillon, and OB played very well. With Patrice you just hold your breath everytime he touches the puck (nothing new there). Price looked pretty solid, but i think he can become even more focused/locked-in out there. Pleks also played a pretty good game, especially on PK.

Weird game overall-- way too may penalties, hurt tempo and flow. However, great to watch the team on the road (it's almost more fun than at the Bell Centre because if Hab fans can pull off a Go Habs Go or Ole, it's real classic. All road games I've been too the locals are often pretty blwon away by the number of Habs in the stands.

Well that was a lot longer than I imagined...

So my question is, when will the Perron to Montreal rumors will start????

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:13 PM
  #5
24 And Counting*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Deux-Montagnes
Country: Canada
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
I really love watching the Habs in another building.

But last night was bad timing for you, the game reminded me of epic battles between Jason Dawe's Habs and Serge Paillé's Panthers around 2000...

24 And Counting* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:15 PM
  #6
Le Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Le Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
Kovy's probably more frustrated than anything else. I saw him in Toronto last week and I agree, his puckhandling skills can lift you off your seat with excitement. But the edge to Kovy-Pleks-A. Kost is missing, teams are better prepared for them, especially on the PP.

Penalty killers seem to have Kovy figured out - when he's along the boards in the right corner, the defenders take away his shooting lane and the netminder hugs the left post to take away the short side (A lot of his 17 PP goals last season were scored that way). So he either takes a shot that's easily stopped or is forced to pass it. He somehow has to adjust to that.

Le Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:16 PM
  #7
GoldenForum
Registered User
 
GoldenForum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
You're right, but at least they won-- I drove 4 hours to St Louis from where I was!

(Plus I got to chill with Mr. Perron & fils

GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:18 PM
  #8
number 11
Registered User
 
number 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 500
perron's brother

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:27 PM
  #9
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenForum View Post
So I was at last night's game in St. Louis. As usual, lots of Hab fans present, including 4 guys sitting right beside me. Or so I thought-- they had me a bit consfused. The guy right beside me was dressed casual, the guy beside him in a Habs sweater with Kovy's name on back, and the guy beside him a Blues sweater with Perron on back. When Blues scored they cheered, when Habs scored they cheered. A Bit bizarre. So I got to talking to the guy sitting beside me and it turns out he's David Perron's father. In St. Louis for the week to hang with his son and catch a couple of blues games. The guy in the Habs Kovy sweater was Perron's brother. Very nice folks. When the Habs tied it in the 3rd, the brother gave me a huge high-five...same thing when Kovy scored the game-winner in the shootout. Not your everyday experience, figured I'd share it.

As for the game, Kovy is a mix between brilliant (his puck handling was mesmerizing) ans somewhat disinterested. Not sure if he seems like no one is helping him out (i.e. scoring off his passes and hardwork) or if he's upset about something else. But he definitely seems a bit upset. AK46 looked very good last night-- much more involved and had a bit of a Kovy flair. Lang played well. Lats (who I really think will be good when he's matured/25) was horrible-- just looked out of position and uninterested last night-- disappointing. Koivu is just a workhorse. Sergei definitely picked up his intensity-- looked more involved, great vision too. On D, Markov looked a bit slow. Thought Hammer, Gorges, Bouillon, and OB played very well. With Patrice you just hold your breath everytime he touches the puck (nothing new there). Price looked pretty solid, but i think he can become even more focused/locked-in out there. Pleks also played a pretty good game, especially on PK.

Weird game overall-- way too may penalties, hurt tempo and flow. However, great to watch the team on the road (it's almost more fun than at the Bell Centre because if Hab fans can pull off a Go Habs Go or Ole, it's real classic. All road games I've been to the locals are often pretty blown away by the number of Habs in the stands.

Well that was a lot longer than I imagined...
thanks
really cool

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:28 PM
  #10
keemo905
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Funny story... My name is Dave Perron and I now live in Hamilton. I was at a hockey tournament last mai and guys on my team told some other guys I was David Perron, the guy from St-Louis. They all believed me and I told thm stories all night about how Tkachuk is a fat head and how the nicest guy was Paul Karya and how he took me under his wing... It went on for 2 hours... They asked to see my ID and I showed it to them... I kind of look like the real David Perron so the guys were baffled. It ended up being pretty funny. One one the guys was sort of hammered and he kept asking me questions and questions. He was so proud to have met someone famous that I could not burst his bubble so I did not tell him. I asked his friends to tell him the next day when he was less affected by alcool.

keemo905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:41 PM
  #11
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
So my question is, when will the Perron to Montreal rumors will start????
Perron to habs (e4)

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:01 PM
  #12
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
Isn't our resident Kovalev biggest fan also Perron's best friend?

What's the poster's name? He always defends Kovalev to the nth degree...

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:02 PM
  #13
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Isn't our resident Kovalev biggest fan also Perron's best friend?

What's the poster's name? He always defends Kovalev to the nth degree...
You mean TheBanned?

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:05 PM
  #14
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Isn't our resident Kovalev biggest fan also Perron's best friend?

What's the poster's name? He always defends Kovalev to the nth degree...
TheDamned.

Edit: Got cleverly beat to it. He was banned?


Last edited by fufonzo: 11-17-2008 at 02:12 PM.
fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:08 PM
  #15
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Isn't our resident Kovalev biggest fan also Perron's best friend?

What's the poster's name? He always defends Kovalev to the nth degree...
Im fairly sure that the unmentionable one just casually knew Perron.

  Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:45 PM
  #16
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
TheDamned.

Edit: Got cleverly beat to it. He was banned?
You were out internetted by the banana!!

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:45 PM
  #17
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 And Counting View Post

But last night was bad timing for you, the game reminded me of epic battles between Jason Dawe's Habs and Serge Paillé's Panthers around 2000...
so true

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:55 PM
  #18
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
TheBanned?

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:55 PM
  #19
GNick42
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keemo905 View Post
Funny story... My name is Dave Perron and I now live in Hamilton. I was at a hockey tournament last mai and guys on my team told some other guys I was David Perron, the guy from St-Louis. They all believed me and I told thm stories all night about how Tkachuk is a fat head and how the nicest guy was Paul Karya and how he took me under his wing... It went on for 2 hours... They asked to see my ID and I showed it to them... I kind of look like the real David Perron so the guys were baffled. It ended up being pretty funny. One one the guys was sort of hammered and he kept asking me questions and questions. He was so proud to have met someone famous that I could not burst his bubble so I did not tell him. I asked his friends to tell him the next day when he was less affected by alcool.
Was your father and brother at the game in St.Louis last night?

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:12 PM
  #20
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
You were out internetted by the banana!!
Damn. That's a new internet low for me.
What an awful day.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:14 PM
  #21
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
TheBanned?
Am I the only one that wasn't aware of this new nickname?

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:28 PM
  #22
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
where did perron go in the first round?

i am sure the montreal media whined when we didn't select him.

like esposito, it was widely reported perron was a huge hab fan growing
up

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 04:54 PM
  #23
GoldenForum
Registered User
 
GoldenForum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
His father told me last night that Perron went shortly after MaxPac...to which I said something like "ooohhh, pas un choix facile" with a little bit of a smile. I asked him how much he would have liked if the Habs had drafted Perron...he beamed up and gave me an "aaahhh ooouuuiiiii" with a big grin but then did say it's better that he's in st louis early on because the pressure in montreal would have been too much at this stage of his career.

So I guess that means he's guaranteed to play with the Habs when he turns 27 I'll notify Eklund (on a side note, I once heard that guy on the radio prior to a Predators game when I was in Nashville-- he's as clueless and vague live as he is on his website. But kudos to him for making himself a little green off of a rumors site.)

GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 06:10 PM
  #24
Adam91
Registered User
 
Adam91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious C View Post
Im fairly sure that the unmentionable one just casually knew Perron.
No, he is good friends with him.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 06:27 PM
  #25
HockeyF3ind
Registered User
 
HockeyF3ind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keemo905 View Post
Funny story... My name is Dave Perron and I now live in Hamilton. I was at a hockey tournament last mai and guys on my team told some other guys I was David Perron, the guy from St-Louis. They all believed me and I told thm stories all night about how Tkachuk is a fat head and how the nicest guy was Paul Karya and how he took me under his wing... It went on for 2 hours... They asked to see my ID and I showed it to them... I kind of look like the real David Perron so the guys were baffled. It ended up being pretty funny. One one the guys was sort of hammered and he kept asking me questions and questions. He was so proud to have met someone famous that I could not burst his bubble so I did not tell him. I asked his friends to tell him the next day when he was less affected by alcool.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.