HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Who else is excited about the Bolts/Avs game tonight?

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Thalia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
I've noticed that too. Any time I watch the Avs I am perplexed by the line combos. Worrell with Sakic and Hinote? Kariya with Moore and Cummins? Some really bizarre combos at times from Granato. As an outsider, I think the Avs should bring in Quinville if he is interested and the poor play continues...
Shhhhhh, don't give them any good advice til the season's over.

Old
03-01-2004, 08:34 PM
MeN_Ace2

GI think Granato needs to go.

He has been mixing the damn lines the WHOLE season. What is he thinking about? Only lately has he even let Kariya - Selanne play together, and now it seems he has turned Selanne into a DEFENSIVE player???? WTF???????

I mean, I see SELANNE block shots and be the FIRST guy from his line to backcheck..... BIZARRE to say the least!

Avs fans better not expect Teemu or Kariya light it up, if Granato wants Selanne to be the first forward to backcheck, and only gives him 13mins of ice-time per-game!? Unbeleivable, trying to turn a pure goal-scorer into defensive forward...

If Colorado fails to win the cup, I will point a finger at Granato. What a joke!

Old
03-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

What is Granato thinking? I swear, I can't wait to see what he does when his stars are gone next year......Sakic on the 4th line.....Hedjuk beneched...

Old
03-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Lecavalier may have just sealed the deal!!

Wednesday is looming very large for the Northwest Division and the Western Confrence standings.

Old
MeN_Ace2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
What is Granato thinking? I swear, I can't wait to see what he does when his stars are gone next year......Sakic on the 4th line.....Hedjuk beneched...

I think he has lost it. Time for him to go! :mad:

Old
Jori

What a beautiful goal by Lecavalier...that should seal up the two points for Tampa. Very good road game by the Lightning. They have done an excellent job blocking the Avs shots. Colorado just isn't willing to work hard and get in front of the net.

Old
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
man Vinny is a highlight reel goal factory. I swear this guy never scores an ugly goal.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Thalia

This must have been one of THE most boring games I've ever listened to. Was there even ANY physical play at all?? It sure didn't sound like there was. Maybe the TV showed some physical action and emotion.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:23 PM
Hockeyfan02

St. Louis seals it. What a great road game by the Lightning. Impressed even a fan whos been following them all season. One of their best games, if not the best one. Defense played a perfect game blocking shots, getting sticks on passes, and getting it out of the zone. They held the Avs to 16 shots and shut them out in Denver. You cant ask for much than that. Lightning are now 1st in the East with the tiebreaker being wins.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:23 PM
1Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
This must have been one of THE most boring games I've ever listened to. Was there even ANY physical play at all?? It sure didn't sound like there was. Maybe the TV showed some physical action and emotion.
The Bolts aren't a physical team, the Avs played without heart. Don't know what to tell you.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, look who's in first place. In March. How sweet it is, even if just for a day or two. The boys in Bolts will keep fighting for it.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
I said this a month ago, and I will say it now... the Lightning will represent the East in the 2004 SCF... who they play from the West is a mystery.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan
I said this a month ago, and I will say it now... the Lightning will represent the East in the 2004 SCF... who they play from the West is a mystery.
Vancouver?

The only NHL game I've seen live this season was the Van/TB game in January and it was very exciting.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Forsberg21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
What a beautiful goal by Lecavalier...that should seal up the two points for Tampa. Very good road game by the Lightning. They have done an excellent job blocking the Avs shots. Colorado just isn't willing to work hard and get in front of the net.
Doesn't everyone seem to do an excellent job blocking Avs shots? Another friggin' shutout...

Old
03-01-2004, 09:59 PM
wazee

That was a pretty pathetic performance by the Avs. I would not worry about the losing streak if I could see any sign that they are working their way out of it. Unfortunately, I did not see any hopeful signs.

I have never been a Granato fan. I thought Pierre Lacroix made a mistake in hiring a coach with no coaching experience. They made it worse by hiring an assistant with no coaching experience. I actually thought Lacroix would recognize his mistake and would fire Granato when the Avs under-achieved in the playoffs...but no such luck. Now the Avs are slumping again and again, Granato is clueless about how to pull the team out of it.

Fire Granato now. Hire Quenneville. That is the best deadline deal the Avs could make.

Old
03-01-2004, 10:59 PM
st_roland

What a boring boring game. Part of it was due to the poor condition of the ice, part of it was due to the lack of heart shown by most of the aves. Exceptions would be Moore(hitting anything that moves), Blake(playing with desperation), Hejduk, Foote, Liles and Aebischer(showed impressive composure considering the rumors about Kolzig).

Chalk me up for hoping Granato is sacked tomorrow.

Old
03-01-2004, 11:36 PM
chicpea*

I heard a rumour that Morris was injured? any truth or news on that?

Old
03-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Higgy4

As a Wings fan obviously its nice to see the Avs struggle. But I agree about the line combos. I watch quite a few Avs games, and it perplexes me to see some of the lines that Granato throws out there.

Very strange.

Old
03-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

The Lightning are starting to scare me. They've become a pretty consistent team on both ends of the ice and Khabibulin is playing really well. I forsee a strong playoff drive. If they stay healthy they could get to the EC Finals with a good "draw"....

Old
03-02-2004, 12:50 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

I can see why some would be frustrated with this, but I didn't think the game was that boring.

I posted my long version on the game in the Avs forum...don't care to c&p it.

Old
03-02-2004, 06:19 AM
Freudian
Grekorako!

Avs are struggling big time right now. Unlike other times when Forsberg has been out, Sakic hasn't been able to step it up. And with Nikolishin out they aren't as strong up the middle as they are used to.

Time to stop the line juggling and play pig hockey until Forsberg is back. Right now the Avs need every point they can get and trying to be fancy is not really an option.

Old
03-02-2004, 09:56 AM
Mizral

Who woulda thunk it. The Avs are looking like a one line team, and the Canucks have depth.

Seriously, this NHL season is wacky tabacky.

Old
03-02-2004, 11:09 AM
Freudian
Grekorako!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Who woulda thunk it. The Avs are looking like a one line team, and the Canucks have depth.

Seriously, this NHL season is wacky tabacky.
Well, they are playing without Forsberg, Nikolishin, Hinote, Hahl, Svatos and Boughner at the moment. It is pretty hard to have the depth to not be affected by a lot of injuries. It has been a pretty brutal season injury wise.

Old
03-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian
Well, they are playing without Forsberg, Nikolishin, Hinote, Hahl, Svatos and Boughner at the moment. It is pretty hard to have the depth to not be affected by a lot of injuries. It has been a pretty brutal season injury wise.
That's true, but I don't think it's an excuse to win one of your last 7 either. The Canucks were without Naslund, Jovanovski, Cooke, Arvedson, and Lindgren at one point and were playing fairly bad.. but still won a few games. Hell, look at the LA Kings.

Though I do agree, it doesn't make it easy.

Old
03-02-2004, 01:19 PM
The Frugal Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian
One of whom is really good.

BTW, the Avs *OTHER* 6-7 superstars really really stink right now. I mean, wow.. this team looks like a shell of their former selves. They're playing like a bunch of girls out there.

Old
03-02-2004, 01:21 PM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frugal Gourmet
One of whom is really good.

BTW, the Avs *OTHER* 6-7 superstars really really stink right now. I mean, wow.. this team looks like a shell of their former selves. They're playing like a bunch of girls out there.

I disagree, I think blake and the 'duk are still bringing a solid game. Also, Tampas defense last night was suffocating. There was NO open ice out there.

Closed Thread