Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

Roy Jones Jr vs Calzaghe

Old
11-08-2008, 08:11 PM
airlouche

vCash: 500
Roy Jones Jr vs Calzaghe

I know this is off topic but this will be a very good fight. I know theres a bunch of smart guys on this board, i would like to know if someone knows a website where i can see this fight. Thank you!

airlouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:14 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlouche View Post
I know this is off topic but this will be a very good fight. I know theres a bunch of smart guys on this board, i would like to know if someone knows a website where i can see this fight. Thank you!
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...74668&page=113

scroll mid thread to get live feed links.

I'm rooting for Jones but Calz is too sick. Lets see how much RJJ has left in his tank.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:21 PM
airlouche

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...74668&page=113

scroll mid thread to get live feed links.

I'm rooting for Jones but Calz is too sick. Lets see how much RJJ has left in his tank.

Thank you so much.
I'm thinking like you, i hope Jones win this but Calzaghe is damn good, throwing 200 punchs per rounds and never get tired! This fight will rockkk!!!

airlouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Beakermania*

Use the proper board...

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 01:54 AM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
glad to see that Calzaghe gave Jones a good beat'n.

hopefully a beating from Hopkins is in Jones future too...it's doubtful tho.

FlyersGuy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I honestly believe Calzaghe is done ... he's undefeated and has beaten everyone that poses a challenge and he has always stated he wanted to retire undefeated

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 09:47 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Calzaghe keeps getting knocked down in the 1st round. He should retire before he fights the wrong guy who will put him out when that happens.

He's beaten everyone who can beat him though, which isn't a lot, but still, it's been all comers. Mayber Tarver? or is he done too?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Calzaghe keeps getting knocked down in the 1st round. He should retire before he fights the wrong guy who will put him out when that happens.

He's beaten everyone who can beat him though, which isn't a lot, but still, it's been all comers. Mayber Tarver? or is he done too?
I believe Antonio Tarver is done as well

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 05:10 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

he got a straight forearm on that shot in the 1st

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 07:35 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Any other 40 something former superstars for him to fight? Can he put on enough weight to move up to heavy and challenge Evander Holyfield? Riddick Bowe was recently released from prison. Mike Tyson shouldn't be doing too long of a bid in county and should released before too long. Maybe he can wait a few years until De La Hoya is fourty, cut some weight, and challenge him.

It made me sick to hear him called a HOFer repeatedly by the HBO idiots, last night. He has two fights worth a damn, and won both by way of pidder padder slaps. I actually had Hopkins ahead on points in that fight, in fact. Hell, if you look at the ten best punches in the fight, I garantee that all ten belong to B-Hop. Then there's the bust of a once golden prospect in Jeff Lacy, who's looked terrible in every fight since the one in Whales. Eubank and Kessler are okay, but equally unproven. Manfredo is a joke. Other than that, it's a long list of guys nobody has ever heard of that have never fought anybody that's been heard of. That's a hall of fame career? Maybe the Welsh hall of fame but certainly not in America. God damn that makes me sick.

11-10-2008, 04:49 AM
Joretus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Any other 40 something former superstars for him to fight? Can he put on enough weight to move up to heavy and challenge Evander Holyfield? Riddick Bowe was recently released from prison. Mike Tyson shouldn't be doing too long of a bid in county and should released before too long. Maybe he can wait a few years until De La Hoya is fourty, cut some weight, and challenge him.

It made me sick to hear him called a HOFer repeatedly by the HBO idiots, last night. He has two fights worth a damn, and won both by way of pidder padder slaps. I actually had Hopkins ahead on points in that fight, in fact. Hell, if you look at the ten best punches in the fight, I garantee that all ten belong to B-Hop. Then there's the bust of a once golden prospect in Jeff Lacy, who's looked terrible in every fight since the one in Whales. Eubank and Kessler are okay, but equally unproven. Manfredo is a joke. Other than that, it's a long list of guys nobody has ever heard of that have never fought anybody that's been heard of. That's a hall of fame career? Maybe the Welsh hall of fame but certainly not in America. God damn that makes me sick.
Calzaghe did beat guy who owned best young american middleweight with ease...

And you could say same about most of top fighters lists as well. American or not. There is ~5 good boxers at most in their list and rest are "nobodies". Why? They won't take risks to fight top competition all the time or too often.

But of course since he isn't from the greatest nation in the planet, USA, he is just lousy boxer who doesn't have any skills. I bet there haven't been ever good boxer outside USA in your eyes.

Joretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Pure Rock Fury*

Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joretus View Post
But of course since he isn't from the greatest nation in the planet, USA, he is just lousy boxer who doesn't have any skills. I bet there haven't been ever good boxer outside USA in your eyes.
I agree with rt. Calzaghe waits until guys like Hopkins and Jones are over the hill before he fights them. He hasn't proven anything. And I'd say the same thing about him even if he was from the US, or Japan, or Mars.

Pure Rock Fury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Joretus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Rock Fury View Post
I agree with rt. Calzaghe waits until guys like Hopkins and Jones are over the hill before he fights them. He hasn't proven anything. And I'd say the same thing about him even if he was from the US, or Japan, or Mars.
B-Hop had already match scheduled before against Calzaghe(years ago), but suddenly he wanted to get twice as much money, etc. They could have fight him, if wanted to fight him before. Didn't, but wanted to box now and lost, even in US.

And I think you can have honest opinion about this, but rt surely doesn't. Every boxer should just box in USA and be from USA to be top boxer in his eyes.

Joretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 05:19 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Calzaghe did beat guy who owned best young american middleweight with ease...

And you could say same about most of top fighters lists as well. American or not. There is ~5 good boxers at most in their list and rest are "nobodies". Why? They won't take risks to fight top competition all the time or too often.

Exactly. if Calzghe was from the USA he would be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

He has been down in he 1st in his last 2 fights yet still came back and won and against Jones and he was actually playing with him the second half of the fight, he may not be blessed with knockout power but he still outpunches every opponent he faces.

You just have to see the state of Jones face to see if those hurt.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Pure Rock Fury*

Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
Exactly. if Calzghe was from the USA he would be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

He has been down in he 1st in his last 2 fights yet still came back and won and against Jones and he was actually playing with him the second half of the fight, he may not be blessed with knockout power but he still outpunches every opponent he faces.

You just have to see the state of Jones face to see if those hurt.
An old, over-the-hill, way past his prime, shadow of his former self Jones. Calzaghe is still nothing but an enigma, and he always will be, British or not.

Pure Rock Fury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 04:35 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

http://www.thering-online.com/rating...t_heavyweight/

CHAMPION Joe Calzaghe

1. Bernard Hopkins
2. Chad Dawson
3. Glen Johnson
4. Antonio Tarver
5. Zsolt Erdei
6. Roy Jones Jr.
7. Clinton Woods
8. Adrian Diaconu
9. Chris Henry
10. Hugo Garay

Last edited by cupcrazyman: 11-16-2008 at 04:43 PM.
cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 12:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
And I think you can have honest opinion about this, but rt surely doesn't. Every boxer should just box in USA and be from USA to be top boxer in his eyes.
Where do you get this ****? I don't care where fighters are from, I'm just not impressed by a laundry list of anonymous, unproven European fighters on the records of guys like Calzaghe. I felt the same way about Ricky Hatton, whom I love to death, before he stopped Tszyu and then took on several more tough, proven fighters. His first 35 wins, though, I don't care about. I'm sorry, there are a couple of top fighters in the UK, but the UK is not the hotbed that places like Los Angeles, New York, and Las Vegas are. The overall quality of competition over there is lower than it is here, despite producing several marquee fighters. You know this as well as I do, but seem to take it so personally. You are the one who has a chip on his shoulder, not me. I don't have a problem with European fighters. I'm just not delusional enough to convince myself that the overall quality of competion overseas matches up to the US just becuase there are a handfull of top fighters with a lot of success at the moment. My dislike for Calzaghe has nothing to do with his nationality. Ricky Hatton is one of my favorite fighters. The difference is that Calzaghe gets more credit than he deserves and I hate the way he fights. Hatton fights with passion and balls and is willing to fight the best in their primes. Calzaghe slap boxes old men.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote