HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

If the Blues lose tonight *proposals*

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-29-2004, 03:01 PM
  #1
Jamie-L
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
If the Blues lose tonight *proposals*

There are several EC teams that might be able to use Pronger.

Pronger to Toronto
Antropov, Calaiaccovo, 1st in 05

to Phillie
Pitkaenen, 2nd in 04, Sharp

to TB
Polushin, Holmquist, 2nd in 04


Last edited by Jamie-L: 02-29-2004 at 03:04 PM.
Jamie-L is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 03:08 PM
  #2
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,361
vCash: 500
Philly will not trade Pitkanen!

Why does Tampa get off so lightly?

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 03:13 PM
  #3
MoS*
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northfield, Minnesot
Posts: 5,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Philly will not trade Pitkanen!

Why does Tampa get off so lightly?
If i was philly, i'd trade pitkanen. imo pitkanen's upside = lidstrom. pronger is just as good as lidstrom except he is 6'6''. however, if the flyers and the blues do trade. i would want a deal that'd be like

TO ST. LOUIS: Joni Pitkanen, Michel Therien and 3rd rounder
TO PHILADELPHIA: Chris Pronger and 5 million Dollars

MoS* is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 03:13 PM
  #4
RoyIsALegend*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,815
vCash: 500
I'd be offering Derek Morris and a first round pick if Chris Pronger was available.

RoyIsALegend* is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 03:15 PM
  #5
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-L
There are several EC teams that might be able to use Pronger.

Pronger to Toronto
Antropov, Calaiaccovo, 1st in 05

to Phillie
Pitkaenen, 2nd in 04, Sharp

to TB
Polushin, Holmquist, 2nd in 04
JFJ would be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 03:15 PM
  #6
RoyIsALegend*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
TO ST. LOUIS: Joni Pitkanen, Michel Therien and 3rd rounder
TO PHILADELPHIA: Chris Pronger and 5 million Dollars
Last I heard, Michel Therien was only good at losing playoff series for the clubs he coaches. I never knew he actually played in the Flyers system.

Multi-task, gotta love it.

RoyIsALegend* is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 03:15 PM
  #7
Jamie-L
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
If i was philly, i'd trade pitkanen. imo pitkanen's upside = lidstrom. pronger is just as good as lidstrom except he is 6'6''. however, if the flyers and the blues do trade. i would want a deal that'd be like

TO ST. LOUIS: Joni Pitkanen, Michel Therien and 3rd rounder
TO PHILADELPHIA: Chris Pronger and 5 million Dollars
Yes, I forgot to add in some financial compensation, obviously Philadelphia will get some money to pay for the hefty contract.

Jamie-L is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 03:16 PM
  #8
Dr Love
Registered User
 
Dr Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 20,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
If i was philly, i'd trade pitkanen. imo pitkanen's upside = lidstrom. pronger is just as good as lidstrom except he is 6'6''. however, if the flyers and the blues do trade. i would want a deal that'd be like

TO ST. LOUIS: Joni Pitkanen, Michel Therien and 3rd rounder
TO PHILADELPHIA: Chris Pronger and 5 million Dollars
It's Chris Therien, not Michel. Wow, someone Chris Therien is better than. That deal would never happen. Pitkanen isn't moving, plain and simple.

Dr Love is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 03:16 PM
  #9
albathegreat*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-L
There are several EC teams that might be able to use Pronger.

Pronger to Toronto
Antropov, Calaiaccovo, 1st in 05

to Phillie
Pitkaenen, 2nd in 04, Sharp

to TB
Polushin, Holmquist, 2nd in 04

Hmmm, Id do the Pronger deal in a heartbeat....

Pitkanen will be a top D-man one day, I am not sure that other deal would get done.

albathegreat* is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 04:25 PM
  #10
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Please....let's forget the "Pronger to ..." proposals. Pronger isn't going to be traded to any contender unless it's for 3 1st-round picks and 2 top-tier prospects. Seriously, Pitkanen-Thieren-3rd round pick won't even get you a dial tone in Pleau's office, ESPECIALLY if you're asking the Blues to send $5 million with the soon-to-be RFA. Period.

More likely, you'll see the Blues shopping Weight and Demitra, as well as any other forward that might have trade value. IMO, the untouchables are Pronger (definitely), Jackman (definitely), Backman (95% sure), and Tkachuk (75% sure). Danton won't be traded b/c he's one of the few forwards who shows up every night. Other than those 5, *everyone* else on the team is available.

__________________
No promises this time.
Irish Blues is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 04:41 PM
  #11
dunner97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
lol........pronger makes 10 million next year.if u dont make the playoffs be happy to get more than three decent offers ..hes a rental player .pronger wil have to be trafed to a team of his choice IMO..HE'LL NEED A NEW LONG TERM DEAL

dunner97 is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 04:51 PM
  #12
King of Kelvington
Registered User
 
King of Kelvington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner97
lol........pronger makes 10 million next year.if u dont make the playoffs be happy to get more than three decent offers ..hes a rental player .pronger wil have to be trafed to a team of his choice IMO..HE'LL NEED A NEW LONG TERM DEAL
Wrong IMO.

King of Kelvington is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 05:09 PM
  #13
Timmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,288
vCash: 500
Accepted, in an instant from Toronto. Put the papers together, where do we sign!

Timmer is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 05:46 PM
  #14
Jamie-L
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
I'd be offering Derek Morris and a first round pick if Chris Pronger was available.

I would be for a deal like, except I am concerned that within the same conference, Pronger might come back and bite the Blues in the playoffs 2-3 year from now.

Jamie-L is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 06:34 PM
  #15
topshelf331
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stl
Country: United States
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-L
I would be for a deal like, except I am concerned that within the same conference, Pronger might come back and bite the Blues in the playoffs 2-3 year from now.

I am so glad you are not our GM. You are outrageous.

topshelf331 is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 06:40 PM
  #16
wasting time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
JFJ would be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
JFJ would soil his pants and have to hop to the phone with his legs far apart.

wasting time is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 07:53 PM
  #17
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Please....let's forget the "Pronger to ..." proposals. Pronger isn't going to be traded to any contender unless it's for 3 1st-round picks and 2 top-tier prospects. Seriously, Pitkanen-Thieren-3rd round pick won't even get you a dial tone in Pleau's office, ESPECIALLY if you're asking the Blues to send $5 million with the soon-to-be RFA. Period.

More likely, you'll see the Blues shopping Weight and Demitra, as well as any other forward that might have trade value. IMO, the untouchables are Pronger (definitely), Jackman (definitely), Backman (95% sure), and Tkachuk (75% sure). Danton won't be traded b/c he's one of the few forwards who shows up every night. Other than those 5, *everyone* else on the team is available.
Alright, don't want Pronger (given the circumstances) anyways:

To Colorado: Scott Mellanby
To St. Louis: Mikhail Kuleshov, 2004 5th round pick

Ensane is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 08:55 PM
  #18
Plager05
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sewers
Posts: 2,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
Alright, don't want Pronger (given the circumstances) anyways:

To Colorado: Scott Mellanby
To St. Louis: Mikhail Kuleshov, 2004 5th round pick
What's the deal with Kuleshov? Only 7 points in 42 games this year. He looks kind of like a bust.

Plager05 is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 11:28 PM
  #19
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plager05
What's the deal with Kuleshov? Only 7 points in 42 games this year. He looks kind of like a bust.
I labelled him a bust too, but I totally forgot about his ACL injury a few months after being drafted. He's a bit back in development. He won't turn into a top line forward, that's fore sure, but I can see him fitting into the role player department (if developed properly). He's got size and is a fairly decent skater. He's played a few games (arguably for mere showcase purposes) at the NHL level recently, and has showed a decent forecheck. Extremely rough around the edges as far as positioning, however that can be taught. I'll admit I valued him near zero before I saw his effort, now I think he's at least worth something of value.

Ensane is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 11:53 PM
  #20
Plager05
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sewers
Posts: 2,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
I labelled him a bust too, but I totally forgot about his ACL injury a few months after being drafted. He's a bit back in development. He won't turn into a top line forward, that's fore sure, but I can see him fitting into the role player department (if developed properly). He's got size and is a fairly decent skater. He's played a few games (arguably for mere showcase purposes) at the NHL level recently, and has showed a decent forecheck. Extremely rough around the edges as far as positioning, however that can be taught. I'll admit I valued him near zero before I saw his effort, now I think he's at least worth something of value.
I don't know, maybe the Blues can't be too picky with Mellanby, but we've got too many grinder prospects already. I think if they gave Mells up for a prospect they'd want to get someone with more scoring upside. He's worth more than when they gave up Morisset (a 2nd rounder) for him. Though not much more. Is Svatos too much to ask?

Plager05 is offline  
Old
03-01-2004, 12:24 AM
  #21
LeafNation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 54
vCash: 500
Pronger paid $3 million recently to be part owner of the Mississauga Ice Dogs junior team just 25 minutes west of downtown Toronto ..

I have heard from many that he loves the city of Toronto .. I am sure if he had a choice TO would be at the top of his list and he'd sign a long term deal with the leafs ..

LeafNation is offline  
Old
03-01-2004, 12:37 AM
  #22
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,622
vCash: 500
Pronger proposals:

To T.O:
Chris Pronger

To STL:
Carlo Coloacovia,Mathew Stajan,1st/Antropov

To Tampa:
Pronger

To STL:
Vincent LeCavalier

to LA:
Pronger

to STL:
Dusting Brown,Tim Gleason and Micheal Cammelerri(sp)

Flame away

Randall Graves* is offline  
Old
03-01-2004, 12:54 AM
  #23
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
to LA:
Pronger

to STL:
Dusting Brown,Tim Gleason and Micheal Cammelerri(sp)

Flame away
The Kings would've kept Blake if they wanted to pay a player 10 mil a year.

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
03-01-2004, 12:57 AM
  #24
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
Pronger proposals:

To T.O:
Chris Pronger

To STL:
Carlo Coloacovia,Mathew Stajan,1st/Antropov

To Tampa:
Pronger

To STL:
Vincent LeCavalier

to LA:
Pronger

to STL:
Dusting Brown,Tim Gleason and Micheal Cammelerri(sp)

Flame away
The Toronto one is the most realistic.

Tampa and LA will not pay Pronger's salary.

McDonald19 is online now  
Old
03-01-2004, 01:07 AM
  #25
Patty Ice
Best in the World
 
Patty Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: OxNard
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 10,211
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Why does Tampa get off so lightly?
Those words were my exact thought when I read the TB proposal.

__________________
Patty Ice is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.