HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Z. Parise or M. Richards?

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Well that's why you're not the coach, GM, etc.

Obviously they thought that he deserved it and he had earned it otherwise he wouldn't have the "C".

Give it a rest dude...you've lost.
are you kidding? noone here has told me how he earned it other than being the captain of the WJC team. i dont know how i lost when its my opinion

Old
11-18-2008, 03:38 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
how? how has he earned it at the nhl level? especially over the veteran leadets on thre flyers
Led the Flyers in points last season, playing great defensively and in all situations? Worked his butt off night after night, even in the year the Flyers finished dead last? Unafraid to drop the gloves and stand up for team mates? What else is he supposed to do to earn it?

Old
11-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
how? how has he earned it at the nhl level? especially over the veteran leadets on thre flyers
Do tell...how has Richards not earned it?

If you watched the guy play and lead every night over the course of an 82-game schedule, you wouldn't have to ask how hes earned it.

Old
11-18-2008, 03:39 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
yea, but noone except you is arguing that, i didnt say parise is a better leader, but he does posses many leadership qualities and will earn the C unlike richards who had it given to him as a publicity stunt and a way to keep him in the organization

Did you say Mike Richards earned the C as a publicity stunt? I think you're talking about Sidney Crosby. You have to be.

Richards has had the C at every level of his career. In the World Junior Championships in 2005 I think, he captained the Canadian team, which had a few guys on it that you MAY have heard of:

Ryan Getzlaf,Cam Barker, Dion Phaneuf,Brent Seabrook,Shea Weber, Jeff Carter, Patrice Bergeron, Braydon Coburn,Corey Perry and oh...Sidney Crosby.

Want to challenge his leadership again?

Old
11-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Puck Farise

Quote:
And that's your opinion and that's why you're not the coach, GM, etc.

Obviously they thought that he deserved it and he had earned it otherwise he wouldn't have the "C".

Give it a rest dude...you've lost.
Well clearly every choice for captain made by coaches ever has been the right choice. I mean, just look at #15 Captain Hook. Not arguing that Richards isn't the right choice though. Richards is the right choice as captain of the Flyers, and Parise should be captain of the Devils. Or possibly Madden. Certainly not Langs.

Old
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
are you kidding? noone here has told me how he earned it other than being the captain of the WJC team. i dont know how i lost when its my opinion
You're the only one throwing a fit over why he hasn't earned it...

Why do you care so much? Relax man....

Old
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
Led the Flyers in points last season, playing great defensively and in all situations? Worked his butt off night after night, even in the year the Flyers finished dead last? Unafraid to drop the gloves and stand up for team mates? What else is he supposed to do to earn it?
experience, plus he was injured for 32 games the year they sucked, and pts should be a factor, but not the major one

Old
11-18-2008, 03:42 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
experience, plus he was injured for 32 games the year they sucked, and pts should be a factor, but not the major one
Oy vey....

Old
11-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
Do tell...how has Richards not earned it?

If you watched the guy play and lead every night over the course of an 82-game schedule, you wouldn't have to ask how hes earned it.

read my previous posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Did you say Mike Richards earned the C as a publicity stunt? I think you're talking about Sidney Crosby. You have to be.

Richards has had the C at every level of his career. In the World Junior Championships in 2005 I think, he captained the Canadian team, which had a few guys on it that you MAY have heard of:

Ryan Getzlaf,Cam Barker, Dion Phaneuf,Brent Seabrook,Shea Weber, Jeff Carter, Patrice Bergeron, Braydon Coburn,Corey Perry and oh...Sidney Crosby.

Want to challenge his leadership again?

read my previous posts, i did mention crosby

Quote:
You're the only one throwing a fit over why he hasn't earned it...

Why do you care so much? Relax man....
who's throwing a fit? its a hockey discussion board, im discussing hockey

Old
11-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Oy vey....
i really dont know what you are saying cj, you havent made 1 point regarding the topic, you just keep commenting on me, not the post

Old
11-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Puck Farise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploplopfizzfizz View Post
That statement is flat out retarded.
Very next sentence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploplopfizzfizz View Post
Parise while a good player is not a leader.
"Lolz"

Old
11-18-2008, 03:47 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
read my previous posts

It's a hockey discussion board where you're outnumbered and you're whining because YOU don't think Richards deserves the C.

And you aren't discussing anything. All you keep saying is he doesn't deserve it because of this or this, when clearly others have shown you why he does deserve it.

It's a 2 way street when discussing things. Try and see the other posters POV's because this is clearly a lopsided discussion if I've ever seen one.

Old
11-18-2008, 03:49 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
read my previous posts

NO NO NO

You read MY posts. Read what I said. Read the list of players he was chosen to govern. Now tell me, why doesn't he deserve to be captain of the Flyers. Who's a better leader? Since you happen to be an expert on the Flyers, you tell me the guys who are better.

For the fun of it, let's take out Timonen in the discussion, cause that's the only argument you'd have. Otherwise, go ahead. Give it a shot.

Old
11-18-2008, 03:50 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Quote:
i really dont know what you are saying cj, you havent made 1 point regarding the topic, you just keep commenting on me, not the post
Because you're making Devils fans look bad. That's why.

So let me get this straight:

Richards doesn't deserve to be captain because he doesn't have the experience, didn't play in all of the games the season the Flyers stunk and because his points aren't that great...is that the logic you're using?

Did you EVER think that maybe you don't know what goes on in the locker room and that he is clearly the leader, even over some veterans?

Why do you hate Mike Richards so much and why are you so angry that he's wearing the "C"? Because clearly, I still haven't seen a solid reason from you why he SHOULDN'T have the "C".

Old
11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
It's a hockey discussion board where you're outnumbered and you're whining because YOU don't think Richards deserves the C.

And you aren't discussing anything. All you keep saying is he doesn't deserve it because of this or this, when clearly others have shown you why he does deserve it.

It's a 2 way street when discussing things. Try and see the other posters POV's because this is clearly a lopsided discussion if I've ever seen one.
it is? because your posts are making me believe that. listen to your own advice

i dont care if im outnumbered, i dont think anyone(maybe not anyone) should be captain of a team that has alot of great leaders on it already. and im not whining, you just are reading my posts that way. ive havent been making degrading comments, i have been !?!?!? everyones posts, ive commented on everyones response to my posts.

i dont care if you, or other people dont argee with me, and im sure its that way for some of the otehrs too

Old
11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
wendelclark17

mike richards is hockey

Old
11-18-2008, 03:53 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
it is? because your posts are making me believe that. listen to your own advice

i dont care if im outnumbered, i dont think anyone(maybe not anyone) should be captain of a team that has alot of great leaders on it already. and im not whining, you just are reading my posts that way. ive havent been making degrading comments, i have been !?!?!? everyones posts, ive commented on everyones response to my posts.

i dont care if you, or other people dont argee with me, and im sure its that way for some of the otehrs too
Answer my post. Come onnnn big guy. Answer the question.

Old
11-18-2008, 03:54 PM
McNasty

Apparently all those analysts praising richards for his leadership skills, not to mention the Flyers Brass who gave him an A last year and the C this year should have asked you before giving him the captaincy since your probably the only person I have ever heard say he doesn't deserve it. The guy leads by example, he busts his ass every shift for every loose puck. He leads our forwards in ice time, our best penalty killer, best center, best defensive forward, probably second only to Briere on the powerplay, hes our most physical player and he does whatever he has to for the team to win. Whether its going out every shift against Crosby or Ovechkin, or going on the ice down a goal late in the game.

Now tell me why he doesn't deserve the C, experience is a load of crap.

Old
11-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
read my previous posts
I did, and none of it makes sense.

Basically, you are saying that he hasn't played enough or done enough at the NHL level to have earned the captaincy.

Obviously, you can't argue that he leads by example on the ice, so the only argument you have left is that he isn't experienced enough to lead off the ice. Apparently ignoring the fact that, much like any great leader, he can always lean on guys like Timonen or Knuble or Gagne for advice.

A true leader never stands alone, he just stands up front. That's kinda the point of leadership.

Old
11-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Richards is the better leader, of course, but Parise isn't a light-year behind him.

Parise and Richards is, in my mind, one of the best comparables in the NHL in terms of the whole package they each bring to their respective hockey club.

Edit: And Richards absolutely has earned the C on his hockey team. He is the captain of the Flyers whether he wears the letter or not, so he might as well wear the letter. The captain of the Devils, despite the C on Langenbrunner's jersey, is Brodeur and that will remain true until he retires. I think Parise should wear the C for the Devils, being that he's been the only guy on the team to show up every night and give it everything he's got on the ice - and have the skill to back up his effort.

Last edited by Classic Devil: 11-18-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old
11-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
NO NO NO

You read MY posts. Read what I said. Read the list of players he was chosen to govern. Now tell me, why doesn't he deserve to be captain of the Flyers. Who's a better leader? Since you happen to be an expert on the Flyers, you tell me the guys who are better.

For the fun of it, let's take out Timonen in the discussion, cause that's the only argument you'd have. Otherwise, go ahead. Give it a shot.
HAHA o ok, take out timmonen, fine then take out phaneuf and getzlaf from the WJC. its a pretty obvious choice then

for the record, i never said richards was a bad leader, or anything remotley close to that, i jst said he hasnt earned the C yet

since we arent counting timmonen, what about Brierre? the guys was a co captain with drury on buff, or how about gagne? before richards, gagne was their best forward, its not like he hasnt endured some bad teams

Old
11-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
Hmmm...

Old
11-18-2008, 04:02 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
lots of richards love in here, not that its unwarrented, hes awesome. either player is a great choice, but ill take my chances with parise.

Old
11-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Richards is the better leader, of course, but Parise isn't a light-year behind him.

Parise and Richards is, in my mind, one of the best comparables in the NHL in terms of the whole package they each bring to their respective hockey club.
I absolutely agree with this sentiment.

The bottomline is that both the Devils and Flyers should be ecstatic about having players with their skill level and leadership abilities on their roster. They are both exceptional.

Old
11-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Puck Farise

Quote:
HAHA o ok, take out timmonen, fine then take out phaneuf and getzlaf from the WJC. its a pretty obvious choice then

for the record, i never said richards was a bad leader, or anything remotley close to that, i jst said he hasnt earned the C yet

since we arent counting timmonen, what about Brierre? the guys was a co captain with drury on buff, or how about gagne? before richards, gagne was their best forward, its not like he hasnt endured some bad teams
While he may not have the experience under his belt to make people say he definitely "earned" the C, he is on the right team that he is currently the best choice for the C. To "earn" the C, wouldn't players have to be with the team for a while as well? Because Timmonen and Briere both hadn't been with the Flyers for any longer than Richards, so why the hell not Richards? You talked about Richards missing time as a discredit, well Gagne has been Mr. Glass recently. Briere, while certainly a talented player, seems like more a man-gina than a leader. It could have gone to Timmonen or Richards the way I see it. And Richards does everything for them including fight, so I think he was a good choice as a captain.

Closed Thread