HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Heart...

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2004, 12:51 AM
Kingz4life

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Heart...

Hey, guys i dont want to bring up the Ducks game, but did u see how the Kings never gave up? I mean they were literally diving for pucks. Obviously im very dissapointed not to get the win, but i was impressed we didnt give up. I posted this here, because the game thread was closed. Lets get rest and a few good practices and with Straka, Brown, and Matty coming back i can't wait until the Minnesota game.

Old
03-01-2004, 01:03 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Amen! There is no quit in this team.

Go Kings Go!!!

Old
03-01-2004, 01:14 AM
LuckyLUC20

Great observation. I liked how Andy pulled Chouinard with like 6 minutes left in the game during the power play, showing the "never-say-die" attitude that has become the identity of this team. I think it sent a message to the rest of the players that no matter the score, you don't stop playing.

Very entertaining game, would've been nice to get the win, but the show goes on and we have Minnesota next. We *must* get on a roll to secure a playoff spot.

Go Kings!

Old
03-01-2004, 06:18 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Yea they showed Heart.. In the first two periods. We gotta play ALL THREE, its been a problem all year for us. But I agree that this team never gives up, but it looked like we did last night against Anaheim. The effort really was not there, for the 3rd period. That just goes to show that you cant take ANY time off of a hockey game. Look, this team is not good enough to make mistakes. They almost have to be perfect every night, along w/ effort, and hard work. And they do play hard every night except for a few PERIODS. A few 3RD periods. There's 60 Miles you have to go in a hockey game, (this may sound like a bad analogy) and you cant drive the first 40 in a Ferrari, and get taken 2 miles to school in a school bus. All 60 have to be played in a Ferrari. (I know that was a bad analogy, but you cant take ANY TIME OFF in a game)

Old
03-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Kingz4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us
Yea they showed Heart.. In the first two periods. We gotta play ALL THREE, its been a problem all year for us. But I agree that this team never gives up, but it looked like we did last night against Anaheim. The effort really was not there, for the 3rd period. That just goes to show that you cant take ANY time off of a hockey game. Look, this team is not good enough to make mistakes. They almost have to be perfect every night, along w/ effort, and hard work. And they do play hard every night except for a few PERIODS. A few 3RD periods. There's 60 Miles you have to go in a hockey game, (this may sound like a bad analogy) and you cant drive the first 40 in a Ferrari, and get taken 2 miles to school in a school bus. All 60 have to be played in a Ferrari. (I know that was a bad analogy, but you cant take ANY TIME OFF in a game)
I disagree we didnt lose, because of lack of effort. We lost, because we made huge mistakes. We didn't give up.

Old
03-01-2004, 08:54 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Lack of effort in the 3rd period definitley. Huge mistakes is a lack of focus and a lack of effort.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Kingz4life

Quote:
Lack of effort in the 3rd period definitley. Huge mistakes is a lack of focus and a lack of effort.
Making a stupid pass up the middle after uv'e been diving for pucks isnt, because of lack of effort.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:20 PM
two out of three*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
Making a stupid pass up the middle after uv'e been diving for pucks isnt, because of lack of effort.
Who else dove for a puck besides Frolov? Just because you dive for a puck doesn't mean your showing effort. Maybe it wasn't a lack of effort, maybe lack of intensity is the right word. And my point was this isn't the only 3rd period we've fallen apart. Boston, Toronto, Anaheim to name a few. But not picking up a puck at the blueline with 4 Kings around and letting 1 Duck bring the puck in and score is a lack of SOMETHING.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Kingz4life

Quote:
Who else dove for a puck besides Frolov? Just because you dive for a puck doesn't mean your showing effort. Maybe it wasn't a lack of effort, maybe lack of intensity is the right word. And my point was this isn't the only 3rd period we've fallen apart. Boston, Toronto, Anaheim to name a few. But not picking up a puck at the blueline with 4 Kings around and letting 1 Duck bring the puck in and score is a lack of SOMETHING.
Thats my point its a lack of using the brain. I saw Lappy dive head first toward the puck just to keep it in the offensive zone. Diving after the puck shows effort.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:33 PM
two out of three*

Quote:
Thats my point its a lack of using the brain. I saw Lappy dive head first toward the puck just to keep it in the offensive zone.
And a lack of using the brain is still a case of taking a period off. Lappy dove, and yes that does show effort, but thats only effort by an individual. The TEAM needs to show effort. I guess my point is we need a better Team Effort.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Kingz4life

Quote:
And a lack of using the brain is still a case of taking a period off.
That doesnt mean they didn't try. They just made mistakes.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:38 PM
two out of three*

Quote:
That doesnt mean they didn't try. They just made mistakes.
Yea but like I said this team isn't good enough to make mistakes. Other teams will capatalize.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:39 PM
Kingz4life

Quote:
Yea but like I said this team isn't good enough to make mistakes. Other teams will capatalize.
And i never argued that point. All i said was that they tried.

Closed Thread