HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How bad is Lucic gonna get beat by BGL?

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Pr3Va1L

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Wait a second ... are we all watching Hockey or Wrestling?

The fact that many posters would prefer seeing a GL kicking Lucic's a... instead of a Habs win is really dissapointing. I came to these forums trying to avoid the intelectual level of RDS talkbacks. I stand confuzzled.

Actually, I'd rather have them win AND Laraque kicking ass

Old
11-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcon View Post
I'm not saying that Komi has to be a fighter to earn my respect but for christ sake Lucic kicked his a$$ the last time they played! Why would a man as big and tough as Komi want BGL to fight for him? Don't you think that being the competitor Komi is that he'd relish the opportunity to go with Lucic again?

Komi doesn't want BGL to fight for him, BGL might want to fight Lucic for himself. We're not going to discuss this until next year 'cause evidently we don't agree. But as big and tough Komi is...he can't fight...or if he does he has to take guys, that could be as big and tough than him, like Scott Hartnell but who are not really known for their fighting abilities.

As far as Komi being a competitor and wanting to go with Lucic again so he could win that one.....I am a competitor as well.....but going against a guy who will surely and always kick my ass is not being a competitor....it's being stupid. It's not like Lucic surprisingly beat him up, he dominated him like it would be next time Komi drops them and like it would be the next time after that.....At one point, you need to know your limits and who you can and can't face....as great a competitor you are....

Old
11-20-2008, 01:12 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Again, you can't be serious. Are you actually saying that we're singing different tunes but you guys weren't? Didn't you refute last the fact that we were saying that Komi shouldn't go with Lucic but now finds that Lucic shouldn't go with BGL? It does work both ways....but it also does work for both teams. Your board kept saying that Komi SHOULD have gone with Lucic. And now you're using the TONS of cheap shots Komi did to Lucic (while really being able to name one) for Komi to answer the call. And have the nerve to even say that the yapping and pushing around is enough to provoke a fight? Based on that, shouldn't there be 80 fights per game???? As far as the "only seems to mouth off towards Komi"....come on.....I know that this addressed to guys who actually don't see a lot of Bruins game other than when we play them, but there are actually guys who see a lot of other games even when we don't play....and Lucic is not that quiet....

As far as pounding a guy who deserved it, what did Lucic did? Well some could say he took a guy not known for his fighting and mocked him in the end of the bout. That would certainly be enough for most of your fans in your board, it could be enough for some in ours....

You conveniently didn't quote the part of my post where I said that I'd like to see Lucic and Laraque throw down as Lucic has little to lose.

In fact I guarantee that Lucic fares better vs. Laraque than Komi did vs. Lucic. As for the reasons why Komi deserved his beating, it is quite apparent to anyone who has watched him play that he tends to throw shots after the whistle and when challenged he's perfectly comfortable to stand behind the stripes and continue to talk. Couple that with the dirty low bridge on Lucic and there you have it.

Now that it's over, it can be over for good as far as I'm concerned as long as Komi doesn't go around trying to hurt guys. Then he may have to answer the bell again. I have no problem with him being physical, even yapping away but when you deliberately try to injure someone, that's the difference between playing tough and being a coward. (especially when you don't back it up when called on)

Back to Lucic and Laraque though. I hope they do fight but like I said previously I hope that Milan has the smarts to only do it when the game is out of hand one way or another, preferably in Boston. Him fighting Laraque at the 11 minute mark of the first period when the Habs have a 1-0 lead, in Montreal isn't the best time to find out how you stack up vs. the HW Champ, IMO.

Old
11-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
Back to Lucic and Laraque though. I hope they do fight but like I said previously I hope that Milan has the smarts to only do it when the game is out of hand one way or another, preferably in Boston. Him fighting Laraque at the 11 minute mark of the first period when the Habs have a 1-0 lead, in Montreal isn't the best time to find out how you stack up vs. the HW Champ, IMO.
But then contrary to some people, as you stupid I thought it was for Komi to go with Lucic last year (even if I admitted that it was OK for those guys to go at it 'cause of their "history" so it could be done and over with....), it is as stupid for Lucic to go with Laraque now especially with the way your team is playing.

Of course Lucic would do better than Komi did......Laraque is great at fighting, Lucic is good at it, Komi doesn't know how to...anybody who's honest enough will tell you so. The best fight that Komi had was against Hartnell and it wasn't a fight...he shaked him out to death....

Old
11-20-2008, 01:25 PM
LesCanadiens

Lucic being a hybrid player (regular player that can throw them) will occasionally have to answer the bell against some dedicated goons (Laraques etc) at some point. Corson did it, Neely did it, Shanahan did it etc etc. The fact he chickened out when Laraques asked him to drop the mitts shows that he may have the tendency to pick his spots. To me it shows he's scared to lose. Corson for one never backed away from anyone. And Corson was truly a middle-weight.

As far as Laraques is concerned, I don't expect nor want to see him jump a guy that isn't willing. He's a heavyweight in the true sense of the word and conducts himself with honor. I like that.

Old
11-20-2008, 01:28 PM
LyleOdelein

Hi sarge. I think that Lucic beating up Komi was good for your soul. You seem a lot less bitter than I remember you being in past discussions around here. I guess it doesn't hurt that the B's speedbagged the Habs last time they played.

Anyways, it's feels strange to admit, but I agree with everything you're saying on this topic. Lucic has very little to lose in fighting Laraque, but he certainly should make a point of choosing the right time and place to go if he does. If Lucic chooses the right scenario to fight in, the only negative that could come out of a scrap with Laraque is an injury (which could happen, if he keeps landing punches on helmets). Other than that small risk, it's a huge potential gain. If Lucic were to beat or draw Laraque, that could be a watershed moment in his image as a physical force on the ice and a huge boost to the Bruins.

Old
11-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
Hi sarge. I think that Lucic beating up Komi was good for your soul. You seem a lot less bitter than I remember you being in past discussions around here. I guess it doesn't hurt that the B's speedbagged the Habs last time they played.
Don't want to speak for our fellow Sarge of all of our Bruins fans but it seems to me that the Dallas game was a turning point so far, they had their share of good old hockey, then they're realizing that they could have a great hockey team...you know to play hockey and then Lucic hammered Komi, they beat severly the Habs putting their insecurity to rest for a little while. That's what contribute to have the Bruins fans in a better spirit in my opinion.

Finally, if both sides are interesting in having solid conversations, it could actually happen....I guess a little more humility on the Habs side, a little less insecurity on the Bruins side....

Old
11-20-2008, 01:50 PM
sarge88

Quote:

Anyways, it's feels strange to admit, but I agree with everything you're saying on this topic. Lucic has very little to lose in fighting Laraque, but he certainly should make a point of choosing the right time and place to go if he does. If Lucic chooses the right scenario to fight in, the only negative that could come out of a scrap with Laraque is an injury (which could happen, if he keeps landing punches on helmets). Other than that small risk, it's a huge potential gain. If Lucic were to beat or draw Laraque, that could be a watershed moment in his image as a physical force on the ice and a huge boost to the Bruins.

Oh, I'm still bitter just less to be bitter about right now.

Also, the last time I made a foray over here was April, plenty to be angry about back then.

But, it is only November and if they gave out conference titles and Stanley Cups in November then the Sens would be the most accomplished team of the past 10 years.

Check back with me if the B's go on a 1-4-1 stretch or possibly in late April or May. You may find what you're looking for then.

Old
11-20-2008, 01:51 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
I agree. So many of us were saying that it would be dumb for Komi to fight Lucic, given the value trade-off and the risk of injury. Now, people are saying Lucic should fight Laraque despite the value trade-off and risk of injury. It's a total 180.

I would love to see Lucic get beat up by Laraque, there's few Habs fans that wouldn't. But I doubt it'll happen Saturday. Lucic has way more value to his team, and has no real reason to oblige BGL. It will probably take some extenuating circumstances (big score differential, dangerous hit, etc.), or a bit of a build-up, if Lucic-Laraque ever happens. Anyways, I'm more concerned with seeing the Habs get back to demolishing the B's as they have in the past couple seasons.

Anybody that wants to see Lucic get beat up, just youtube the fight he had with Erskine last year. It soothes my jangled nerves when people start hyping Lucic as one of the best fighters in the league.
A little off topic, but Lucic went into the last few fights of the year last season ( including the one with Erksine ) with a broken nose suffered when he went into the dashers face first against Philly. He was still able to win a couple of fights after that ( Bradley and Ruttu off the top of my head ) but he didn't fight the same way he did prior to the nose being broken.

Old
11-20-2008, 02:07 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
Oh, I'm still bitter just less to be bitter about right now.

Also, the last time I made a foray over here was April, plenty to be angry about back then.

But, it is only November and if they gave out conference titles and Stanley Cups in November then the Sens would be the most accomplished team of the past 10 years.

Check back with me if the B's go on a 1-4-1 stretch or possibly in late April or May. You may find what you're looking for then.

Just looked over some of the GDT's from that playoff series. That's the sarge I remembered!

I wouldn't mind seeing you return to that form come April or May if the Habs/Bruins play again in the playoffs. I'll remember to stay out of your way next time, though.

Old
11-20-2008, 02:20 PM
sarge88

Quote:

Just looked over some of the GDT's from that playoff series. That's the sarge I remembered!

I wouldn't mind seeing you return to that form come April or May if the Habs/Bruins play again in the playoffs. I'll remember to stay out of your way next time, though.

That's the "on ice" version of me.

Like most NHL enforcers, I'm really a nice person off the ice, errr boards.

Old
11-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
A little off topic, but Lucic went into the last few fights of the year last season ( including the one with Erksine ) with a broken nose suffered when he went into the dashers face first against Philly. He was still able to win a couple of fights after that ( Bradley and Ruttu off the top of my head ) but he didn't fight the same way he did prior to the nose being broken.
Wow! Really? Man oh man, that's a great topic to discuss... ON THE BRUINS BOARD! Ja-heezus, enough already with the Bruins. Bunch of bean-town bag-boys, away with you!

Old
11-20-2008, 02:38 PM
dre2112

Stupid thread. Komi is a big guy, he doesn't need Laraque to fight for him. The rivalry is between Komi & Lucic, not Lucic & Laraque.

Old
11-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Kalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Komi doesn't want BGL to fight for him, BGL might want to fight Lucic for himself. We're not going to discuss this until next year 'cause evidently we don't agree. But as big and tough Komi is...he can't fight...or if he does he has to take guys, that could be as big and tough than him, like Scott Hartnell but who are not really known for their fighting abilities.

As far as Komi being a competitor and wanting to go with Lucic again so he could win that one.....I am a competitor as well.....but going against a guy who will surely and always kick my ass is not being a competitor....it's being stupid. It's not like Lucic surprisingly beat him up, he dominated him like it would be next time Komi drops them and like it would be the next time after that.....At one point, you need to know your limits and who you can and can't face....as great a competitor you are....
So what you are saying is that Komi won't fight because he probably knows he'll get beat? I doubt that very much. A guy like Mike Komisarek does not not let something like that deter him. In my opinion, Lucic got the upper hand in that fight when Komi hurt his hand/shoulder. You can see that clearly on the replay. I'm sure Komi feels the same way. Besides, its not like Lucic is Boogard or Laraque.
As I said before, Komi pretty well has to go with Lucic again to regain his integrity, his pride, and his confidence. It may not be something he wants to do but, I believe at least, it's something he has to do.
I'll throw this out there as an analogy...when Mike Tyson was in his prime and totally obliterating each and every opponent, don't you think the guys who faced him felt like they had no chance in hell at winning and were very likely to get beaten badly? They still got in the ring with him despite their fear (or maybe it was a result of stupidity...it is boxing afterall!). Anyway, its the same thing as Komi with Lucic. A bully will continue bullying unless you stand up and fight him. If you don't, you will always be his target.

Old
11-20-2008, 02:47 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdHC View Post
Stupid thread. Komi is a big guy, he doesn't need Laraque to fight for him. The rivalry is between Komi & Lucic, not Lucic & Laraque.
I could not agree more. Komisarek is more than capable of sticking up for himself. He may not be the greatest fighter, but he is a good hitter. You don't have to send a message through fighting. With a big, clean hit, the message would be sent then and there.

Old
11-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcon View Post
So what you are saying is that Komi won't fight because he probably knows he'll get beat? I doubt that very much. A guy like Mike Komisarek does not not let something like that deter him. In my opinion, Lucic got the upper hand in that fight when Komi hurt his hand/shoulder. You can see that clearly on the replay. I'm sure Komi feels the same way. Besides, its not like Lucic is Boogard or Laraque.
As I said before, Komi pretty well has to go with Lucic again to regain his integrity, his pride, and his confidence. It may not be something he wants to do but, I believe at least, it's something he has to do.
I'll throw this out there as an analogy...when Mike Tyson was in his prime and totally obliterating each and every opponent, don't you think the guys who faced him felt like they had no chance in hell at winning and were very likely to get beaten badly? They still got in the ring with him despite their fear (or maybe it was a result of stupidity...it is boxing afterall!). Anyway, its the same thing as Komi with Lucic. A bully will continue bullying unless you stand up and fight him. If you don't, you will always be his target.

Gotta agree. Before the end of the year, there will be a rematch.

Old
11-20-2008, 03:09 PM
FutureConsiderations

Not trolling, just pointing out that Lucic is anything but a goon.

He has more points than Plekanec, Lang, Latendresse, and both Kostitsyns. He's only one point behind Kovalev even though he's spent more time this season in the box than any Hab and has a hat trick under his belt this season.

From a B's perspective, if Lucic goes with Laraque the Habs win that trade-off. That's a big reason why he probably won't go with him unless the game is out of hand in either direction.

Old
11-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Milan Lucic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'd like to see a rematch with Komi but I'm not sure if his face will be healed in time.

Fixed it for you

Why would Lucic fight Laraque?

Laraque = 4th line goon
Lucic= Playing on the 1st line with Savard and Kessel

Thornton is the person who should be fighting Laraque, and Thornton does pretty well against him.

Old
11-20-2008, 03:24 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan Lucic View Post
Fixed it for you

Why would Lucic fight Laraque?
Whats the point in the habs having Laraque, if he is gonna let guys like Lucic run around hitting our players from behind(Kovalev)? You are right in the fact that Lucic would not want to fight Laraque, but do things like that and thats where the enforcer side of Laraque needs to come out and give him no choice.

Old
11-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Milan Lucic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Whats the point in the habs having Laraque, if he is gonna let guys like Lucic run around hitting our players from behind(Kovalev)? You are right in the fact that Lucic would not want to fight Laraque, but do things like that and thats where the enforcer side of Laraque needs to come out and give him no choice.
Just another reason why Laraque is worthless

Old
11-20-2008, 03:38 PM
The Depahted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
What I really meant is that Lucic is gonna have to answer to someone about that fight.. That's how hockey fighting works, isn't it?

And Komisarek shouldn't fight with him, AT LEAST FOR THIS GAME, since he'll be just coming out of injury and all...

And yes, we need a Ruutuu/Doan/Thornton type player... At least someone like Kostopoulos but bigger. A fighter that can play hockey and that people aren't *afraid* to fight with.
sorry but shane doan is a FAR cry from a goon

Old
11-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan Lucic View Post
Just another reason why Laraque is worthless
That is obvious trolling. Go back to your bruins board, where you can all have a love-fest about your "Looch" and paint his yellow streak gold all you want.

Old
11-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Gros Bill

And what with all this bruin talk and bruin posters on the habs board? I know the lack of intellect in bruin land is suffocating, but can't you go pollute somewhere else?

Old
11-20-2008, 03:54 PM
CanadienErrant*

Laraque doesn't have to fight Lucic if he doesn't want. He just have to hit Savard, Bergeron and Kessell into the boards.

Old
11-20-2008, 04:45 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
And what with all this bruin talk and bruin posters on the habs board? I know the lack of intellect in bruin land is suffocating, but can't you go pollute somewhere else?
You sir, are acting ignorant.

Most of us Bruins fans are capable and knowledgable fans. To call out an entire fan base because of one poster is an unfair generalization. When the thread has a title like that, you are essentially welcoming Bruins fans into the thread.

The irony is, both fan bases complain about eachother and yet they are so hypocritical as they do the things they complain about.

Closed Thread