HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I will make a prediction.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Brett38

vCash: 500
I will make a prediction.

I will guarantee you that Bob Gainey will not allow this team to sink so far that they become an embarrasment to the organization on such an important year to the franchise. I can see a big fish coming our way in the new year if the team keeps sliding. You can make the predictions on who you think will leave, but something will happen..In a big way.
We have lots of prospects and talented roster players to deal with. Gainey will realize that a move might have to be made.

Brett38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Fido22

I also make predictions. They don't turn out so well.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Judge Sauer*

LOL, I love that you posted first Fido.
I think the prediction is more commom sense than a prediction though.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 10:29 AM
HabsHockey

I predict that Gainey will know what he's doing and has done so in the past and will continue to do in the future, o wait... that's a fact.

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 10:39 AM
slocheauska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett38 View Post
I will guarantee you that Bob Gainey will not allow this team to sink so far that they become an embarrasment to the organization on such an important year to the franchise. I can see a big fish coming our way in the new year if the team keeps sliding. You can make the predictions on who you think will leave, but something will happen..In a big way.
We have lots of prospects and talented roster players to deal with. Gainey will realize that a move might have to be made.
I predict that you're wrong. Gainey is not the kind of GM who does something when the fans are waiting something from him.

slocheauska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Tusk

We have a ways to go before we're 10 games below .500.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 11:31 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocheauska View Post
I predict that you're wrong. Gainey is not the kind of GM who does something when the fans are waiting something from him.
he prefers wearing a grey one piece , sitting down, hidding in a dark office at the bell center and caress a little white cat .... laughing at the fans because he perfectly planned a 4 game slump, and now he is just waitting for the right moment to bring Samsonov and niinimaa back and ruin a centenial year ..... mouhouhouhahahah .

he's the kind of GM that knows exactly what he is doing ... have faith bother.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 11:32 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocheauska View Post
Exactly!

I could see minor moves like one of the Habs' spare parts being sent through waivers to Hamilton, and a guy like Chipchura being brought up to play on different lines to shake up the vets a little...

If Gainey's going to do anything this season, it will happen at the deadline just like every other year.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 11:33 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
I agree that Gainey may be less patient than he normally would be and a big shake up may happen quicker than we expect.

He needs to quickly deal with an unhappy and unproductive brooding Kovalev. Kovy has a tremendous impact on the team and the younger players. His body language says a ton on the ice.

He needs to deal with the 2 or 3 vets making millions that aren't very happy about being in the press box.

He needs to deal with a defence that is struggling. I love Gorges but he can't play 25 minutes a game. He's making mistakes that he never did playing 15 minutes with Bouillon. Brisebois needs to play only every third game at best. Markov cannot be the trigger man on the PP. OByrne may become a 4th D, but he's not ready for that now.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:00 PM
SAKS AVENUE

We have seen a tiny glimpse of what can be this year. So what, we are stumbling a little sooner then later. The guys will focus and start ripping it up again.

Habs fans are so funny. Win 3 and the cup is ours, Saku rules and we have the best defense in the league. Beat Boston 12 times and we talk about how crap Boston is and how we'll win the conference with ease.

Lose three and you hear trade Saku he has no heart, we're closer to Tavares then the Leafs, lose to Boston once in two entire years and we're their *****.

HOLD IT TOGETHER GUYS!!!!!!!!

If we can't how are they going to, listening to our crap and media junk 24/7.

Be proud through thick and thin so we don't end up sounding like losers.

I have faith this ship will turn around soon, so do you, and so does the team.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
The only move Gainey will make is the walk down to the lockeroom. Things should get better after that.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
We have seen a tiny glimpse of what can be this year. So what, we are stumbling a little sooner then later. The guys will focus and start ripping it up again.

Habs fans are so funny. Win 3 and the cup is ours, Saku rules and we have the best defense in the league. Beat Boston 12 times and we talk about how crap Boston is and how we'll win the conference with ease.

Lose three and you hear trade Saku he has no heart, we're closer to Tavares then the Leafs, lose to Boston once in two entire years and we're their *****.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!
Right on man!!!

Altho some will say that our complacency is what makes one a loser, but I would disagree, a winner knows his time will come and doesn't panic when things aren't going well.

High-five dude!

Old
11-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Plekanetzz

Sure Gainey would try to make a move but will he find the GM to make the move with him and how the chemistry will be affected by a trade.

Sometime the best trade you can make is making no trade

Plekanetzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
he prefers wearing a grey one piece , sitting down, hidding in a dark office at the bell center and caress a little white cat .... laughing at the fans because he perfectly planned a 4 game slump, and now he is just waitting for the right moment to bring Samsonov and niinimaa back and ruin a centenial year ..... mouhouhouhahahah .

he's the kind of GM that knows exactly what he is doing ... have faith bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanetzz View Post
Sure Gainey would try to make a move but will he find the GM to make the move with him and how the chemistry will be affected by a trade.

Sometime the best trade you can make is making no trade
Well if in january things are like now I wouldn't be worried about breaking chemistry, since we don't look like we have any.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Plekanetzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Pucker View Post
Well if in january things are like now I wouldn't be worried about breaking chemistry, since we don't look like we have any.
I agree with you but right now I'm in the stage of misunderstanding. The team didn't change, except Streit, BGL, and Tanguay and this year we are not able to make two passes in a row. i think the problem is not the players themselves but the their mental game ( confidence, effort).

The way they play during the next 5 games will show us exactly if it's time to make a move or if it was just a bad period

Old
11-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
I also make predictions. They don't turn out so well.
tell me about it

altho I did predict correctly that your own prediction would fail.....

I predict the Habs will win their next three....

Old
11-19-2008, 03:57 PM
couz

How many times over the last two seasons have we waited for Gainey to make a trade during the regular season to boost this team only to get disapointed.

I won't hold my breath.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Schooner Guy

All Gainey has to do is clear some space (Lappy, Dandy, and Breezer) for Chipchura, D'Agostini, and Weber.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:11 PM
couz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
All Gainey has to do is clear some space (Lappy, Dandy, and Breezer) for Chipchura, D'Agostini, and Weber.
No GM in their right mind will take Dandy at 1.7 and even Begin at 1.3.

Its absurd to think that Gainey has around 4.5 mil invested in 4rth liners.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanetzz View Post
I agree with you but right now I'm in the stage of misunderstanding. The team didn't change, except Streit, BGL, and Tanguay and this year we are not able to make two passes in a row. i think the problem is not the players themselves but the their mental game ( confidence, effort).

The way they play during the next 5 games will show us exactly if it's time to make a move or if it was just a bad period
I think we have to give some time to our team...any team has slumps, even good teams.
Also, I think people underestimate the importance of expectations on this team. Last year we were predicted #14 in the East, therefore we were sort of always playing above expectations no matter what. This year, even when we win people find a way to say we play under expectations. This has a HUGE impact on our player's psychology, and sport is 100% mental. Problem is, I don't know if our players will have to cope with this. IMO they should just play their game, have fun, and not worry about not meeting expectations so much.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Habinger

I have another prediction. Sundin will maybe kind of sort of decide if he wants to play hockey this Friday according to J.P. Barry.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/468845#Comments

I know that when we signed Lang that was that however...prepare for the rumours to come back in force

Habinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:25 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post

GO HABS GO!!!!!!
At least we're not Leafs fans. They plan the cup parade after absolutely every win.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Plekanetzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Pucker View Post
I think we have to give some time to our team...any team has slumps, even good teams.
Also, I think people underestimate the importance of expectations on this team. Last year we were predicted #14 in the East, therefore we were sort of always playing above expectations no matter what. This year, even when we win people find a way to say we play under expectations. This has a HUGE impact on our player's psychology, and sport is 100% mental. Problem is, I don't know if our players will have to cope with this. IMO they should just play their game, have fun, and not worry about not meeting expectations so much.
+1

They are 10-5-2 but we are not happy because they are not #1 in the east...

Old
11-19-2008, 09:26 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I am with you on this. We should inject some fresh blood into the line up. The last two cup that we win, there were a lot of rookies on the team.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 09:44 PM
puckeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habinger View Post
I have another prediction. Sundin will maybe kind of sort of decide if he wants to play hockey this Friday according to J.P. Barry.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/468845#Comments

I know that when we signed Lang that was that however...prepare for the rumours to come back in force
That article is from July 29th.

puckeater is offline   Reply With Quote