HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN Power Rankings: Zherdev only Ranger on pace for 60 pts

Old
11-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
i was about to post this zherdev thing as well.

disgusting.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:55 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i was about to post this zherdev thing as well.

disgusting.
What's disgusting? The article? Or the fact that we have only one player on pace for over 60 points?

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 02:57 PM
bumrusherer

That settles it..all of our guys suck. Lets just give it up now and hope for a great draft pick.

I hate that saying ''On pace for''. Vinny LeCavalier is on pace for about 65 points but we kinda all know that he'll get more than that.
Henrik Lundqvist is on pace for zero, ZERO shut outs....but we all know he'll get more than that.

On pace for.
Last time I checked, performance levels change as time moves along.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:00 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

who has mats sundins cell number?

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:03 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

hahaha

hahahahaaa....hahaha...hahahahaha.

We are not contenders. 2nd round exit...again. Different pieces, same system , same results.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Bury Your Head

What is with the fairweather fans man? It is really becoming annoying. We're in first place yet "we are no contender". If we make the playoffs, like we have the past 2 years, we are considered "contenders". It's November and we're already throwing the towel in. Why do you even watch the games? Do you even watch the games? Calm down. Numbers can change drastically over one good month.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
What is with the fairweather fans man? It is really becoming annoying. We're in first place yet "we are no contender". If we make the playoffs, like we have the past 2 years, we are considered "contenders". It's November and we're already throwing the towel in. Why do you even watch the games? Do you even watch the games? Calm down. Numbers can change drastically over one good month.
Certainly a difference between fair-weather fans and determined cynics. We seem to have a considerable number of the latter.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:20 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Of course I watch the games. All of them. And what I've seen so far is a mediocre team with a poorly constructed roster that relies way, way too much on it's goaltender. I see a team that seems incapable of putting together 60 minute efforts and a team that has very little offensive talent.

What I don't see is anything to suggest that this team is any closer to winning a Stanley Cup then it was last year, when it got bounced in the second round.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:21 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Do you watch the games. We are Horrible offensively. If Hank has even the smallest slipup we lose. Until we can score around 3 gpg we aren't a true contender. You need to have some offense, b/c our defense certainly isn't able to carry the load. and Yes i think our defense is vastly overrated b/c of Hank. If we had say an avg goalie (Bironish) we wouldn't have nearly as many wins. In fact we probably would be somewher between 13-15th place right now.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Bury Your Head

We've been able to stage excellent comebacks this season so far, one coming without our top center. We are capable of scoring in small bursts, and who knows, we may be able to make that a more consistent thing over the course of the season. What I'm trying to say is -- calm down. Don't say "oh we aren't a contender" in mid-November. Things change over the course of the year, and pace is a stupid statistic that can change over a few weeks. Just let it ride out for now and wait until mid January to really panic if this team slips to 7th or 8th. I just think we need to give the team some more time before deciding if it is a "contender" or not.

Old
11-19-2008, 03:35 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

The problem is that the Rangers have two players who can score goals.

Zherdev who's a young winger who's still emerging and Naslund who is past his prime but can still pot goals.

Other than that you have
Drury - garbage goal guy. Can score, but isn't consistent. Will go stretches without scoring, then pot two or three. Drury tends to find the net, but he's not a sniper. He's that guy who tends to be in the right spot at the right time.
Gomez - Playmaker. Can score, but isn't consistent.
Callahan - More of a grinder with a bit of a scoring touch
Dawes - Not consistent. Has talent and a good shot, but he'll go long stretches without scoring a goal.
Dubinsky - an all around player, still developing but is not yet consistent enough on the goal scoring side.
Voros - See Chris Drury, but not as good.
Fritsche - Not sure what to make of him yet, but definitely not a scorer, probably more of a less energetic Callahan type.
Korpikoski - A rookie, who has talent, but doesn't seem good enough to consistently score, at least not yet.
Prucha - Scored 30 & 22, but has no confidence and hasn't scored consistently for a couple years now. Seems to be cooked on this team.

The only guys I can expect to score between 20 & 30 goals this year are Zherdev, Naslund, Drury and maybe Gomez

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:44 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

You can quote me on it...

Quote:
We've been able to stage excellent comebacks this season so far, one coming without our top center. We are capable of scoring in small bursts, and who knows, we may be able to make that a more consistent thing over the course of the season. What I'm trying to say is -- calm down. Don't say "oh we aren't a contender" in mid-November. Things change over the course of the year, and pace is a stupid statistic that can change over a few weeks. Just let it ride out for now and wait until mid January to really panic if this team slips to 7th or 8th. I just think we need to give the team some more time before deciding if it is a "contender" or not.
You can quote me on it. We are not contenders for the cup. I am not too excited or saying the world is coming to an end. Facts are facts, Just a plain old regular , we aren't built for the finals.

As Hank once said in an interview this year, "We aren't a high scoring team."

Our last 5 games, who has been our top performer? Hank.

gotta put the buscuit in the net to win a game folks.

Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
You can quote me on it. We are not contenders for the cup. I am not too excited or saying the world is coming to an end. Facts are facts, Just a plain old regular , we aren't built for the finals.

As Hank once said in an interview this year, "We aren't a high scoring team."

Our last 5 games, who has been our top performer? Hank.

gotta put the buscuit in the net to win a game folks.

Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Mark my words. They are capable of scoring goals. They just cannot do it on a consistent basis so far this year. I won't label a team as "non contenders" in mid-November, that's foolish. Am I saying that they will pull it all together and the offense will be more potent on a nightly basis? No.

But I won't sit here and say that they have no chance whatsoever at making the finals because they can't score goals and rely too much on their goalie. Like I said before, that's foolish.

Old
11-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
What's disgusting? The article? Or the fact that we have only one player on pace for over 60 points?
the latter.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:08 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

We need Kovalchuk to win the cup.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
who has mats sundins cell number?
Try Radek27.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
. And what I've seen so far is a mediocre team with a poorly constructed roster that relies way, way too much on it's goaltender. I see a team that seems incapable of putting together 60 minute efforts and a team that has very little offensive talent.

What I don't see is anything to suggest that this team is any closer to winning a Stanley Cup then it was last year, when it got bounced in the second round.
How is that any better/worse than the team that used to rely on Jagr to score a bulk of the team's goals? I mean, it's not like this team hasn't tried the strategy that so many are suggesting is going to make or break the season.

Most people picked the team to be a playoff bubble team. I can't think of anyone in the organization, media or fan base that ever suggested the team would be a Cup contender. The fact is, the old Ranger team was never going to win a cup, ever, but some day, this one might. I wouldn't bet on it being this year, but they're certainly a lot closer than they were.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
hahahahaaa....hahaha...hahahahaha.

We are not contenders. 2nd round exit...again. Different pieces, same system , same results.
It seems you want us to lose in the 2nd round to prove u were right Mr. Negative

If our offense could average 3 goals a night and if the PP was top 10 we'd be a cup contender fo shure

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Where are all the people who crowed when Jagr was let go that "we'll have a more balanced attack!" Some of them are the ones complaining that we have no offense now, when it was so abundantly obvious back in the offseason. Its really irony at its finest.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:02 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
I was making a point that things change in a hurry and that mostly everyone rarely ever stays with their "on pace" thing.

Guarantee you we have 3 Rangers with over 60 points. Zherdev, Gomez, Drury. Possibly 2 more in Naslund, Dubinsky...
While i wouldn't guarantee it, i think that is reasonable to expect or hope for.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

I couldn't care less if they all only get in the 40's. As long as the team keeps winning.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:58 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZherdev View Post
I for one am happy. 3/4 of our forwards are going FA this off-season. These crappy numbers will make it a hell of a lot easier to sign them on the cheap.
Actually thats a pretty good way to look at this dilemma.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:35 AM
All Hail King Henrik

Zherdev's updated projections after the last two games (projected for 82 games):

23G-49A-72P

He's also on pace to be a +32. I don't think he'll get there, but +18-22 or so doesn't look to be out of the question if he keeps this up. I also think he'll end up closer (or at) to 30 goals than 20.

All Hail King Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 02:24 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Hail King Henrik View Post
Zherdev's updated projections after the last two games (projected for 82 games):

23G-49A-72P

He's also on pace to be a +32. I don't think he'll get there, but +18-22 or so doesn't look to be out of the question if he keeps this up. I also think he'll end up closer (or at) to 30 goals than 20.
I'd like to see what percentage of the Rangers goals Nik is involved in, because it sure seems like he's got a hand in most of them. Still, you'd like to see him score a few more goals, and right now Drury and Gomez combined are on pace for just under 100 points. 14 mill...100 points. You gotta hope that number gets bigger.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 03:04 AM
NYR Viper

zherdev's skill is just amazing.....and the more i see of these types of games where he is totally engaged and into it the more you love the guy......fighting?.....wow....who would have thought?.....the guy is amazing and needs to be resigned no matter what......

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 03:12 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I'd like to see what percentage of the Rangers goals Nik is involved in, because it sure seems like he's got a hand in most of them. Still, you'd like to see him score a few more goals, and right now Drury and Gomez combined are on pace for just under 100 points. 14 mill...100 points. You gotta hope that number gets bigger.
Remember the things Drury does doesnt show up on the score sheet

Seriously though i am sure they will both improve as the season goes on but they will not live up to those contracts unless they produce a cup.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote