HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

the real trade lacroix needs to make!

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2004, 07:13 PM
MeN_Ace2

vCash: 500
BTW, I was calling Tony G. head already when Avs were doing good.

I thought already then, that the constant line juggeling (which NONE of you other team fans have seen before to the same extreme, I guarantee) will hurt this team.

Here we are, as soon Forsberg is out we have NO offense left whatsoever, because players like Selanne are more worried about being the FIRST forward to backcheck, rather then being the first forward braking out from the wing towards the net.

IMO there is absolutely no justification for the way Tony has coached this team,...Tony has GOT to go if Avs hope to win a cup!

Old
03-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
I like playing the Avs now. They are a different team without Hartley. In fact, the Avs usually come in with a set game plan, and rarely deviate from that plan. The Avs like to shoot the gaps, and when those gaps are filled.....Granato is inept at getting his team on the board. Lately, or at least the last 5 - 6 games, he seems to have his team dumping the puck and just getting it out of their own end. This in itself is confusing, considering the amazing talent they have, but besides that, it makes no sense. The Avs are an offensive team, not a defensive one. They have always had trouble holding the lead, but this year it has been magnified to unreasonable proportions. The Avs have given up so many 2 goal leads that one has to question the coaching methods, as well as the motivation within this team.

To date, I have yet to see Granato make an effective in-game strategy change, while I have seen the Predators out-coach him several times.....just this year....leading to wins. Granato as the head coach of this team, just makes it easier for the well-coached teams to beat the Avalanche.

As for Selanne, Granato is an utter fool in regards to how he handled him. In the Tampa game, DARBY HENDRICKSON got 17 minutes of ice-time, and was a leading reason why Lecavlier got his breakaway goal......yet Selanne only recieved 15 mins of ice time. Call me silly, but when your down a goal........you usually put your goal-scorers out on the ice, not 4th line scrubs. Unfortunately for Teemu, this has been the trend all year. He has consistently recieved 13 - 15 mins of ice time, despite his play, which has been very good of late. Until recently, he was given no chance to play with Kariya.....which was his entire reason of coming to the Avalanche organization. I'm not sure why Granato feels the need to not give proven chemistry a chance, but he has done a magnificent job of allowing NO chemistry to be formed this entire season.

I didn't even mention the fight with Rick Tocchet............the guy is losing his cool. I think it is very obvious that the pressure is causing him (Granato) immense problems right now.

Last edited by Enoch: 03-02-2004 at 07:43 PM.
Closed Thread