HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A. Kostitsyn the new scapegoat

Old
11-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Duff88

vCash: 500
A. Kostitsyn the new scapegoat

Andrei Kostitsyn is officially the new scapegoat, at least that's what it would seem watching the game on RDS. After hearing Brunet and Houde on his case every game, it hit a new low on "L'anti-chambre" tonight, where Le Baron is constantly on his case, blaming him for a lack of effort and for getting more ice time than Latendresse and Lapierre.

So I have to ask, am I the only one who think A. Kost is actually one of our better players right now? He is probably the only player on the team who actually uses his shot, and he creates a few scoring chances every game.

If you are going to chose a scapegoat, which I think is ridiculous to begin with because none of the players deserve any praise right now, there are a dozens of players on the team to chose before him in my opinion. I guess it's easier to blame the Belarussian though, that way you can use the argument: "You can't put him in the press box because he's going to bolt back to Russia."

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

He was hands down our best skater tonight.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Ross MacLochness

He was awesome tonight. Andrei looks like a new man playing away from Kovalev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
blaming him for a lack of effort and for getting more ice time than Latendresse and Lapierre.
How are people with these opinions allowed to analyze hockey on TV?

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 1035
Crazy. Andrei Kostitsyn has looked stronger and stronger the last few games. He's getting back to himself. I'm seeing the creativity and confidence coming back.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
He was hands down our best skater tonight.
HANDS DOWN.

But Le Baron thinks Lats is better. Sticking up for the french guy, of course. Maybe he watch the game rather then play Mr.Language Police.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 09:59 PM
TCIH

Quote:
So I have to ask, am I the only one who think A. Kost is actually one of our better players right now? He is probably the only player on the team who actually uses his shot, and he creates a few scoring chances every game.
No, you aren't. At the very least, he's trying to get things going right now. Had a strong game against the Blues (with a goal), and another tonight against the Canes, with his best chance ringing off the post.

I'd like to see him tone down the chippy play (butt-ends, elbows, crosschecks) since I think he's going to get called on it eventually, but he's showing signs that he's returning to last year's form.

And for the love of god, play him on the Right Wing.

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Andrei was way better than a lots of our fowards tonight.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Is that what they're seriously saying? Because that's pathetic. A. Kost was very good in the Blues game and was great tonight, probably our best forward along with Latendresse. I would love to see some of their examples to back up this so-called horrid play.

At least pick on Kovalev. Easy target maybe but he actually deserves to be the scapegoat.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CHestah in Maine

Kostitsyn is one of our better players right now; though I don't think that's saying much. It seems for every decent rush, hard hit, or laser beam shot; AK46 is just as likely to let the puck roll off his stick, struggle to get the puck out of his own zone, or make the extra pass (seems more prominent since paired with Sergei).

So yes, he one of our better players right now, which tells you everything you need to know about the state of the Habs on November 19, 2008.

CHestah in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tuggy

He was the best forward tonight, so that's pretty lame.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
I don't know why we can't make a poster here the scapegoat.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Year 101

He was our best skater tonight and if that shot wouldn't of hit the post and went in it would have been nice. I'd like to see him start racking up the points though and im sure he will after we stop sucking.

Year 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kostitsyn1489

I'm sure he would suck at being the scapegoat too

Mitch

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
le_sean

Best player tonight I think. Removing him from Kovalev's line made one hell of a difference.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Pascal

Le Baron is a ****in imbecile. Always has been, always will. He's our version of Don Cherry, without the hockey experience or knowledge..

And let's not get started on Lats and Lapierre, the dear Quebecois players who get put on a pedestal so easily.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Roulin

If Andrei keeps playing like this, the puck is going to start going in for him. He is definitely not one of the problems on the Habs.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Schooner Guy

I thought he was our best player tonight. Carbo must have taken notice because he even had AK46 out on the PK in the 3rd period tonight.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Andrei Kostitsyn is officially the new scapegoat, at least that's what it would seem watching the game on RDS. After hearing Brunet and Houde on his case every game, it hit a new low on "L'anti-chambre" tonight, where Le Baron is constantly on his case, blaming him for a lack of effort and for getting more ice time than Latendresse and Lapierre.

If you are going to chose a scapegoat, which I think is ridiculous to begin with because none of the players deserve any praise right now, there are a dozens of players on the team to chose before him in my opinion. I guess it's easier to blame the Belarussian though, that way you can use the argument: "You can't put him in the press box because he's going to bolt back to Russia."
I never watched that show before but with dumb comments like that I won't bother.

Before crapping on A.Kost, I'd crap on his brother or Plekanec. He's one of the few players taht generated anything tonight. Even Tanguay looked bad as well as Higgins, those guys were always flat footed and not doing much.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Le Baron is a ****in imbecile. Always has been, always will. He's our version of Don Cherry, without the hockey experience or knowledge..

And let's not get started on Lats and Lapierre, the dear Quebecois players who get put on a pedestal so easily.
Amen.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
m00ks

Andrei had the biggest presence out of anyone in the first 3 lines. His low point production is what's putting a target on his back. I mean the guy was benchpressing defenders, hit a post and launched quality shots. Surely not to be blaimed.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:04 PM
David

Hate to say it but it's looking more and more like Kovalev is the problem.

He just deflates and kills any line that he's one by hogging the puck, won't work the boards, tries to too much by himself, weak give aways, and still wants to be the IT guy.

Look what new life has been given to Andrei after he's been moved off of Kovalev's line. He was the most dangerous for CH tonight...but that's not saying that much.

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Nedved

obrynes mine. he shouldnt be in the nhl.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Duff88

Listenning to Le Baron a bit more closely, I think he's only using Kostitsyn as a [weak] argument to say that Latendresse is being misused.

Wow... does that show try to become the new 110%? It was very intelligent discussion yesterday with Patrick Roy, and tonight we have Maxim Martin saying "Is Koivu playing the baby and asking not to play with Latendresse."

I should not watch that stuff, I guess I'm stupid enough to get frustrated, and that's probably what they're looking for.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Listenning to Le Baron a bit more closely, I think he's only using Kostitsyn as a [weak] argument to say that Latendresse is being misused.

Wow... does that show try to become the new 110%? It was very intelligent discussion yesterday with Patrick Roy, and tonight we have Maxim Martin saying "Is Koivu playing the baby and asking not to play with Latendresse."

I should not watch that stuff, I guess I'm stupid enough to get frustrated, and that's probably what they're looking for.
And that's your cue to change the channel.

Is this what passes for hockey talk in Montreal? Jesus Christ I'd rather listen to the leaf boosters on hockeycentral do a 5 hour Leaf game preview than listen to that crap.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:08 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

From what I've seen it seems to be RDS' answer to 110%...which means they're probably going to be trying to outdraw eachother in the ratings by saying the most outlandish, inflammatory things possible to get people to tune in.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote