HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question on Horton

Old
11-13-2008, 10:27 AM
caribouPINE

vCash: 356
Question on Horton

Where's he mostly play? Right wing? Center? Who are his linemates and over his career as a Panther, where has he mostly been used?

Also, where does he play best?

Thanks,

caribouPINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 10:30 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
He has been a winger for his whole career, up until this year. This season, DeBoer has him centering the first line with Stillman, and whoever else can stick. It looks like he and Stillman have pretty good chemistry early on, and as much as I would like to see the Booth/Weiss/Horton line back together, he will be our top line center for the time being.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 12:04 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
He has been a winger for his whole career, up until this year. This season, DeBoer has him centering the first line with Stillman, and whoever else can stick. It looks like he and Stillman have pretty good chemistry early on, and as much as I would like to see the Booth/Weiss/Horton line back together, he will be our top line center for the time being.
Wasn't he a center in Junior? And then he moved to wing in the NHL.

StrangeVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
Wasn't he a center in Junior? And then he moved to wing in the NHL.
Yup. All top prospects are centers in juniors.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:55 AM
SchwenningerWildWing

Send a message via ICQ to SchwenningerWildWing
How do you guys rate his play so far this season? I always have the feeling that Horton does not play up to his full potential, that there is still room for him to be better.

SchwenningerWildWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:11 AM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwenningerWildWing View Post
How do you guys rate his play so far this season? I always have the feeling that Horton does not play up to his full potential, that there is still room for him to be better.
Just like last season... glimmers of hope. Though I get the feeling that they're coming more frequently this year, and he looked mad against the Wings with seemingly little motivation to do so (aside from playing against the Wings). Dare I say things are looking up for Horton?

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 09:49 AM
jal2155

He is lazy. Always lazy. I don't know whether he knows how talented he is. It could be a confidence problem.

Last edited by Acadmus: 11-17-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: removed references to deleted posts.
jal2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Guy is leading the team in scoring and +/-. He creates chances every game and gets open for his teammates to find him as well. I think he's doing fine.

edit: nevermind about Horton's +/-. I was wrong on that one.

Last edited by Dread Clawz: 11-17-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

It's funny, I see a lot of posters diss Horton but honestly, you can pretty much count on at least 60 points from him. I mean all the "trade Horton" discussions are pretty ridiculous. Surprising to see that no one really worries about Rusty. He is set to make almost $1 million less then him and isn't even close to the production Nathan will give you.

Point of the story, I think if you want to worry about someone, you guys should worry less about Horton and more about Olesz then.

-ghoste

Last edited by Ghoste: 11-18-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
It's funny, I see a lot of poster diss Horton but honestly, you can pretty much count on at least 60 points from him. I mean all the "trade Horton" discussions are pretty ridiculous. Surprising to see that no one really worries about Rusty. He is set to make almost $1 million less then him and isn't even close to the production Nathan will give you.

Point of the story, I think if you want to worry about someone, you guys should worry less about Horton and more about Olesz then.

-ghoste
The reason Horton is frustrating is because he has the skill to be a 80-90 point player but his effort and intensity are lacking. Watching your best player float around is bound to piss anyone off.

Olesz is so sound even when he's not scoring.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
The reason Horton is frustrating is because he has the skill to be a 80-90 point player but his effort and intensity are lacking. Watching your best player float around is bound to piss anyone off.

Pretty much. That's also what led to some of my frustration with Olli, he could have done more. I realize that Horton's leading the team, but, he makes it obvious when he's doing what he's already admitted: not playing very hard. This team can't afford anyone taking a second "off."

Olesz needs to start doing more as well. He seems to be trying, but like Bouw, he's making all that money because he's expected to find the back of the net more often than some of these other guys.

11-18-2008, 04:23 PM
jal2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post

That's absolutely correct. I'd even dare to say that Horton could reach 100pts at least once in his career (maybe ~ 45-55). He certainly has the tools to do it; all he needs is the proper playmarker.

Olesz will hit 50pts per season, when he's in his prime, but offense isn't his primary function; he is there to provide solid support along the boards, and to cover for teammates who prefer to play la Bure (i.e. wait for an offensive opportunity to develop, with little regard for the defense). And it's difficult to deny that he excels in both respects.

jal2155 is offline   Reply With Quote