HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's Official: The Boston Bruins look like...

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2008, 10:01 PM
BigTimer*

vCash: 500
It's Official: The Boston Bruins look like...

The 2007-2008 Montreal Canadiens.

I just watched their game against the Sabres, a game in which they scored 5 unanswered. They are playing in an eerily similar fashion to the way we played last season. Kobasew is playing like Plekanec, Bergeron like Koivu, Savard like Kovalev, Wheeler like S-Kost, Kessel like A-Kost, Sturm like Higgins, and Tim Thomas has a ridiculous save percentage. Most importantly, their defense GETS IT.

We'll see if this keeps up.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:04 PM
anarmandaleb

You forgot that part where they zamboni their biggest rivals 6-1.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Ross MacLochness

The 2007-08 Montreal Canadiens looked like a joke of a hockey team from the beginning of November until mid-December. At one point we were 14-12-5

Remember the Red Wings game where they came into Montreal and never let us touch the puck?

We got plenty of time.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Maximus Taylor

The Bruins are a good team. And very well coached.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:10 PM
HotPie

Maybe you forgot, but the 2007-2008 Canadiens were looking a lot like the 2008-2009 are right now.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Friendly Bruins fan here. Guys, you can't get on your team like this. They proved at the beginning of this season they're a force to reckon with. I'm very confident it's gonna be a dogfight for 1st in the East between Pittsburgh, Boston, Montreal and New York. It's early in the season, and your team isn't blow up ready or anything. Let's just look forward to a ridiculous game on Saturday. I'm very excited.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
The 2007-08 Montreal Canadiens looked like a joke of a hockey team from the beginning of November until mid-December. At one point we were 14-12-5

Remember the Red Wings game where they came into Montreal and never let us touch the puck?

We got plenty of time.
Actually it was just 14-10-5 and we looked like crap off-and-on right through to the end of December when we picked up points in the final 3 games of a 6-game road trip (W at Tampa, W at Florida- I was there!!! and OTL at Rangers). Then we came home and righted the ship with a decent January, a good February and a great March. All told, we ended the year on a 30-12-5 run (started off 17-13-5 sometime around late December, ended 47-25-10 and in 1st in the conf. though it should be noted that 104 pts. was the lowest pt. total to lead the conference since Boston did it with 100 in 2001-02, meaning it was the right kind of year for us to get to #1).

Old
11-19-2008, 10:13 PM
JustAHabFan

Last year's team worked much harder. Something is wrong with our team this year. No passion in playing the game. No cohesion between the players. We better turned around fast because every team in the Eastern Conference is playing better than we are (except Ottawa and Atlanta

Old
11-19-2008, 10:13 PM
nilan30

They are definitly firing on all cylinders right now and look pretty good.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:20 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever View Post
Friendly Bruins fan here. Guys, you can't get on your team like this. They proved at the beginning of this season they're a force to reckon with. I'm very confident it's gonna be a dogfight for 1st in the East between Pittsburgh, Boston, Montreal and New York. It's early in the season, and your team isn't blow up ready or anything. Let's just look forward to a ridiculous game on Saturday. I'm very excited.
With the beating we received at the Garden, the Habs better be ready on Saturday. I feel pessimestic about the outcome on Saturday. It feel like there is some internal problem within the team. They are not playing for one another like last year. Each player do their own thing and the outcome is easily predictable.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Year 101

The Bruins weren't seen as Bottom dwellers. They have similarities but so do most winning teams... I think the Buffalo Sabres resemble our last year habs more. I think boston looks like the 2008-2009 Bruins they are an independant team.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Bruins4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
With the beating we received at the Garden, the Habs better be ready on Saturday. I feel pessimestic about the outcome on Saturday. It feel like there is some internal problem within the team. They are not playing for one another like last year. Each player do their own thing and the outcome is easily predictable.
That's kind of a shame to be honest. Have the players lost any faith in Price at all do you think?

Old
11-19-2008, 10:25 PM
sheed36

The Bruins are looking very good right now and props to them but it is a very long season and they will have their ups and downs like every other team.They are on a nice run right now though with everything going their way....

Old
11-19-2008, 10:27 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Bruins fan and season ticket holder who has seen probably a 100 Bruins-Habs games live and by April 10 it would not suprise me if the Habs just wax Boston and vice versa. Since these teams draft from the same pool then we can expect alot of we kick your arse, you kick ours, a lot of inbetweener shootouts and one goal games.

Montreal has one heck of a team and I aint falling for the other night; it could be 6-1 Montreal in a few days and any sports fan been around enough should not be surprised by anything in sports.

This is one of the most anticipated games in along time- my kid has a youth hockey game that night and I'm going to miss the first two periods

Old
11-19-2008, 10:28 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever View Post
That's kind of a shame to be honest. Have the players lost any faith in Price at all do you think?
I doubt they have lost faith in Price.He as done his job for the most part.If anything Price as probably lost a little faith in the team in front of him for their poor effort in most of the games this season......

Old
11-19-2008, 10:28 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The Bruins are looking very good right now and props to them but it is a very long season and they will have their ups and downs like every other team.They are on a nice run right now though with everything going their way....
bingo

Old
11-19-2008, 10:31 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post

We got plenty of time.
The fact that I listed S-Kost kinda hints that I was referring to the successful version of the 2007-2008 Canadiens.

This thread doesn't really have anything to do with the 2008-2009 Canadiens either.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:35 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
I doubt they have lost faith in Price.He as done his job for the most part.If anything Price as probably lost a little faith in the team in front of him for their poor effort in most of the games this season......
This.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Bruins4Ever

Quote:
Fair enough. But don't discount your team this early. As DKH said, I could very easily see this being a 6-1 win for Montreal. These two teams are always good for a nice throw down. It's a long season and the team will go through ups and downs (just like the Bruins are bound to do at some point), so don't sell the farm yet. All I can say is that I am very excited to get together with a few friends, have a couple of cold beers, some wings, and watch a ****ing sweet hockey game.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

funny, i thought the same thing earlier today

and then i had diarrhea
and then vomited.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:50 PM
TroyM

This is a sad state of affairs when the only people who are positive about our team are BRUINS fans. I for one think we will mop the floor with them on Saturday, sparking a resurgence in the team. The B's are playing well right now, hell they are playing great, but I have absolutely no doubt we CAN take them down. Whether we will, I'm not sure, but I know I'm not going to bet against my Habs.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Hnidy Hnight

I streamed the Stock Exchange today, cause it's the only way to hear hockey talk around these parts. I think PJ's preachings is whats getting everyone worked up. He was slamming Kovalev, calling him invisable. His numbers don't look that bad to me though. I don't see him as much as PJ does, has he really been that disappointing?

Old
11-19-2008, 10:59 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
I streamed the Stock Exchange today, cause it's the only way to hear hockey talk around these parts. I think PJ's preachings is whats getting everyone worked up. He was slamming Kovalev, calling him invisable. His numbers don't look that bad to me though. I don't see him as much as PJ does, has he really been that disappointing?
Um. More.

Old
11-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Numbers lie.

Old
11-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Hnidy Hnight

PJ said the only way to get Kovalev to perform is a contract extension. If your management, you can't do that, it sets an aweful precident, considering like 8 more guys are becomming UFA's as well.

Closed Thread